Replacement shells in 2016

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Thesolcity, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Thesolcity
    OP

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    I haven't been able to find any. I recently acquired an original NDS. i wanted to replace the shell, and maybe the bottom screen (DiagnoSe couldn't fix the stuck pixel). Does anyone still carry parts?

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    You can find them once in a while, but half the time it's cheaper to just buy a junk DS or even buy another used one.

3. Thesolcity
    OP

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel

That's what I was afraid of. The used red ones I find are all scuffed up heavy.

4. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
  5. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
  6. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
  7. o0-Matty-0o

o0-Matty-0o Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    I've got lots of original parts for these, speakers, top screens, lcd's, ribbons, buttons, batteries, but no touch screens or shells.
    If you need any of the original bits i'd be happy to send you what you need if you just pay the P&P, can provide photos of the bits so you know i'm genuine.

Matt

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry just noticed your in the USA, the delivery would probably cost more than new parts.

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I had a fairly hard time tracking things down for an original style DS back in 2014 ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-original-phat-replacement-case-review-56k-no.364632/ ) and nobody has announced a new run of anything more recently so I can not imagine it will be easier. Cannibalising another DS seems like the order of the day, and if second hand prices there are anything like here that should not be so bad (in an otherwise fairly expensive second hand shop I saw a pretty decent grey DS for £10 , there are some reasonable ways to tidy up and/or paint plastic these days as well). DS lite stuff seems pretty readily available still.

Said replacement case is holding up pretty well actually if you do happen to find one of that type and get curious. However falling off my desk is as hard a life as it gets these days where before it lived in my bag for some time.

9. Thesolcity
    OP

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    Yeah, I almost forgot it was called the Phat back in the day. :P

I've seen a ton of DS lite stuff, and that makes me want to replace the lite shell I currently have. (There's a nasty little cut into the top part on the outside.).