iliac97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I've got an 8GB SDHC card and I only plan on holding only 1 or 2 games, how would I go about partitioning so that 1GB of it is for HBC/Ocarina/SD card menu (FAT/NTFS) and 7GB being WBFS for the USB Loader games I plan to hold?

I've tried deleting the volume in Windows Vista but it doesn't give me that option.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
iliac97 said:
Hi,

I've got an 8GB SDHC card and I only plan on holding only 1 or 2 games, how would I go about partitioning so that 1GB of it is for HBC/Ocarina/SD card menu (FAT/NTFS) and 7GB being WBFS for the USB Loader games I plan to hold?

I've tried deleting the volume in Windows Vista but it doesn't give me that option.

You need to get partitioning software such as Partition magic or something similar.
then create 2 partitions via that your first partition needs to be FAT format normally primary partition and the second logical partition formatted to WBFS using WBFS Manager 3.

Hope this helps ya.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
DarkLG said:
Can't use partition magic .

Oops forgot was thinking of HD for some rather than SD
wtf.gif

Arconis Disk Director or Ubuntu live?, not sure if works in USB Loader tho?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't partition memory cards. I have seen some work rounds by changing the structure of the windows driver for them but when you put it in a PC without the driver it looks a mess as it cant read it. You also run the risk of data corruption.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
funem said:
You can't partition memory cards. I have seen some work rounds by changing the structure of the windows driver for them but when you put it in a PC without the driver it looks a mess as it cant read it. You also run the risk of data corruption.

What are you talking about? Just because Windows doesn't give you the option doesn't mean it's perfectly possible.

You can partition an SD card using gparted in Ubuntu (live) really easily. I've never done it with WBFS though, I just have a single WBFS partition on my SDHC card which I use through a USB reader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work