ReNpDrm comming soon!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MartinDocNewland, Dec 3, 2017.

1. MartinDocNewland
    OP

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by MartinDocNewland, Dec 3, 2017
    Ninoh-FOX and Vahnyyz like this.
  2. Vahnyyz

Vahnyyz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2007
    United States
    Branford Fl
    there's a tingle in the air... could it be this? or could it be that Winter is Coming for PSVita...

MartinDocNewland likes this.
  3. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Who knows lol

I'm just happy that soon I can download all the DLC I brought lol

Vahnyyz likes this.
  4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
  5. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
  6. AndrewH

AndrewH Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    Canada
    I assume this is only useful for Henkaku/Enso users? Me being on 3.63 will be left out in the dark? I too would like to be able to download updates for my games and games I purchased, but can't.

7. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I don't get it. What does it do? never user any 'mods' mentioned above.

8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    (This is mainly speculation, as I'm not Celeste nor I'm too familiar with how $ony's modern consoles work)

DRM of digital games works by encryption, with part of the key coming from the act.dat and part from the .rif (except for so-called "drm free" .pkg which use a fixed key).

.rap is (on PS3) the final key for a specific .pkg, which must be combined* with official .pkg of commercial games installed from "other sources" to be able to run them
    * by using ReactPSN or extracting the .pkg and recreating a drm-free one

NoNpDRM is a Vita homebrew (plugin) that generates fakesigned title decryption keys from software you already have a license (work.bin) for, and allows those fake licenses to be used to play those titles.
    You don't directly touch act.dat/rif/rap files, but the equivalent logic is used in the process
    But it only works for Vita software, there's no crack for PSP/PS1 mode that allows for unsigned eboot.pbp software to run directly from the livearea (adrenaline + adrenaline bubble maker is cheating) because the checks are rather different

ReactPSN is a PS3 homebrew where you create a new (local) account called "aa" (so that the homebrew can find it), an act.dat will be generated for his profile, and .rap licenses will be installed from USB by converting them to a .rif compatible with that act.dat.
    It can also, of course, do the opposite conversion (valid act.dat + .rif to exchange format) and some more stuff...
    Modern versions support PSP/PS1/PS2 content too.

The big difference between the 2 is that with NoNpDRM you typically exchange the final license (work.bin) together with the app's files and manually stick it into the right place, while with ReactPSN you load .rap files in bulk, they're converted to whatever the final format is, and you can do that at a separate time (before or after) installing the actual apps...

ReNpDRM will likely combine the advantages of the two. How? Here is where ignorance limits me. On the Vita (this tool will be cross platform) it could mean proper installation of official digital PSP/PS1 games (very maybe unofficial eboots too), on PS3 the automatic installation of licenses and/or support for DRM-free repacks of PS2 games, on PSP installation of PSN packages at all? (I don't know of any current way except converting PSN eboot to ISO and back to eboot if desired)
    The above of course is wild mass guessing......

Lmaokernel likes this.
  9. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    So if we have a .pkg link, we can install and play the game if it is 3.60 compatible, we don't need a work.bin fine anymore!?

Sony doesn't use the information that is stored in the work.bin file for NONPDRM, that is something someone created, so going a step further then that, is a NONPDRM version that does not need work.bin files to run games, because the entire key process is done differently?! Is that right?

(there's not many games I that 3.60 can play that isn't already available with .pkg and key file for NONPDRM, there's a bunch of links with no key files I would like though)

10. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    BUMP

(In "reddit vita" section, there was a post about this being released today, btw, congrats, happy holidays)

11. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Yes in less than an hour! Check the website in the first post

12. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    BUMMER!

(Better luck tomorrow) (Just a reminder for everyone that uses mlthaku, it is the best way to install the sd2vita plugin because it has some memory fixes, but, at least for me, I had to reformat to factory and delete all memory on the vita (not the sd2vita card, that I just reinserted later, using the option in settings to delete the ID to use on other vita) ...................... back to what I was saying, NONPDRM would not dump the license key because I installed mlthaku, that may be true for other programs as well)

(you may be able to get online, but you may not be able to dump the license key without, a reformat of the vita) (its not a big deal for me, because I don't intend to reformat, since I have another vita for official games, but I have to reformat if I want to dump from NONPDRM, because I installed MLTHAKU (which is the best version of the sd2vita plugin), this may or may not be true for RENPDRM) (MLTHAKU may even be updated to include RENPDRM, but what if sony forces your vita to install 3.67 firmware, or newer, once they detect you on there again)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HERE'S LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NORTH KOREAN WAR! (and RENPDRM)

13. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N Touch Things and improve your world

Aug 16, 2017
    Spain
    Your Mind
  14. Panzer_Baboon

Panzer_Baboon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Maybe next Christmas.

15. Hking0036

Hking0036 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
  16. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
  17. VIPlaine1

VIPlaine1 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    United States
    All you have to do is put renpdrm.skprx and restore.suprx on tai and for config.txt

Attached Files:

18. Omer

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Does it work ?

19. VIPlaine1

VIPlaine1 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2017
    United States
    Activation work fine, but for some reason when downloading games it give an error C0-14478-4

20. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    So my setup was currect as that's the same error i'm getting

EDIT:

After doing a quick search that error is a DRM error

Last edited by MartinDocNewland, Dec 26, 2017