Country
Last edited by MartinDocNewland,

AndrewH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I assume this is only useful for Henkaku/Enso users? Me being on 3.63 will be left out in the dark? I too would like to be able to download updates for my games and games I purchased, but can't.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't get it. What does it do? never user any 'mods' mentioned above.

(This is mainly speculation, as I'm not Celeste nor I'm too familiar with how $ony's modern consoles work)

DRM of digital games works by encryption, with part of the key coming from the act.dat and part from the .rif (except for so-called "drm free" .pkg which use a fixed key).

.rap is (on PS3) the final key for a specific .pkg, which must be combined* with official .pkg of commercial games installed from "other sources" to be able to run them
* by using ReactPSN or extracting the .pkg and recreating a drm-free one

NoNpDRM is a Vita homebrew (plugin) that generates fakesigned title decryption keys from software you already have a license (work.bin) for, and allows those fake licenses to be used to play those titles.
You don't directly touch act.dat/rif/rap files, but the equivalent logic is used in the process
But it only works for Vita software, there's no crack for PSP/PS1 mode that allows for unsigned eboot.pbp software to run directly from the livearea (adrenaline + adrenaline bubble maker is cheating) because the checks are rather different

ReactPSN is a PS3 homebrew where you create a new (local) account called "aa" (so that the homebrew can find it), an act.dat will be generated for his profile, and .rap licenses will be installed from USB by converting them to a .rif compatible with that act.dat.
It can also, of course, do the opposite conversion (valid act.dat + .rif to exchange format) and some more stuff...
Modern versions support PSP/PS1/PS2 content too.

The big difference between the 2 is that with NoNpDRM you typically exchange the final license (work.bin) together with the app's files and manually stick it into the right place, while with ReactPSN you load .rap files in bulk, they're converted to whatever the final format is, and you can do that at a separate time (before or after) installing the actual apps...

ReNpDRM will likely combine the advantages of the two. How? Here is where ignorance limits me. On the Vita (this tool will be cross platform) it could mean proper installation of official digital PSP/PS1 games (very maybe unofficial eboots too), on PS3 the automatic installation of licenses and/or support for DRM-free repacks of PS2 games, on PSP installation of PSN packages at all? (I don't know of any current way except converting PSN eboot to ISO and back to eboot if desired)
The above of course is wild mass guessing......

Reactions: Lmaokernel

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The big difference between the 2 is that with NoNpDRM you typically exchange the final license (work.bin) together with the app's files and manually stick it into the right place, while with ReactPSN you load .rap files in bulk, they're converted to whatever the final format is, and you can do that at a separate time (before or after) installing the actual apps...

So if we have a .pkg link, we can install and play the game if it is 3.60 compatible, we don't need a work.bin fine anymore!?

Sony doesn't use the information that is stored in the work.bin file for NONPDRM, that is something someone created, so going a step further then that, is a NONPDRM version that does not need work.bin files to run games, because the entire key process is done differently?! Is that right?

(there's not many games I that 3.60 can play that isn't already available with .pkg and key file for NONPDRM, there's a bunch of links with no key files I would like though)

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMMER!

(Better luck tomorrow) (Just a reminder for everyone that uses mlthaku, it is the best way to install the sd2vita plugin because it has some memory fixes, but, at least for me, I had to reformat to factory and delete all memory on the vita (not the sd2vita card, that I just reinserted later, using the option in settings to delete the ID to use on other vita) ...................... back to what I was saying, NONPDRM would not dump the license key because I installed mlthaku, that may be true for other programs as well)

(you may be able to get online, but you may not be able to dump the license key without, a reformat of the vita) (its not a big deal for me, because I don't intend to reformat, since I have another vita for official games, but I have to reformat if I want to dump from NONPDRM, because I installed MLTHAKU (which is the best version of the sd2vita plugin), this may or may not be true for RENPDRM) (MLTHAKU may even be updated to include RENPDRM, but what if sony forces your vita to install 3.67 firmware, or newer, once they detect you on there again)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HERE'S LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NORTH KOREAN WAR! (and RENPDRM)

VIPlaine1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• 2017-12-26-151637.jpg
    2017-12-26-151637.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 499

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum