Rengoku II The Stairway to HEAVEN

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by jalaneme, Feb 5, 2008.

Feb 5, 2008
  1. jalaneme
    OP

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    will not start on firmware 3.71 m33-4, any ideas why it is doing this? i've changed the drivers but it makes no difference, i just keep getting the error message "the game could not be started" with the error code.

google came up with nothing like always.

2. Evil_Martian

Newcomer Evil_Martian Newbie

Canada
    I've had the same problem getting that game to run on custom firmwares, which is one of the reasons I've left my psp slim on the official firmware. Most people don't seem to like the game enough to notice/care. Updating to 3.8 m33-5 or 3.9 m33 might fix the problem.

3. jalaneme
    OP

United Kingdom
    nah i can't upgrade to latest m33 firmware even if i wanted to, was only curious about the game anyway :S ah well.

4. Evil_Martian

Newcomer Evil_Martian Newbie

Canada
    Appearently Monster Hunter 2 Freedom has the same problem and its fixed by disabling the "no umd" function in the custom firmware.

The setting is in the recovery mode (activated by holding the R button while the system starts) and if i remember correctly its under Advanced -> Advanced Configuration ->

Hope this works, Rengoku 2 is one of my fav games for psp.

5. jalaneme
    OP

United Kingdom
    monster hunter freedom 2 works fine with the m33 driver, i've had no problem with that game, gangs of london has given me a lot of problems too, i've had to start that game multiple times before it started properly.

i guess Rengoku 2 has a small fanbase of gamers who like the game, i didn't enjoy playing the first game mind you but it's a shame i can't play the second i was expecting there to be improvements.

6. Godot0102

Newcomer Godot0102 Advanced Member

United States
    Worked well for me when i was using 3.40oe. I have 3.71 m33-4 now, i'll see if it works.