Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The items you can buy at the market depends on the last digit of the day. If it's 0~7 you'll get usual stuff, 8 is herb day, 9 is fruit day. (So 8, 18, 28th of each month is herb day, and so on)

You can buy animals for various tasks, chicken lays eggs, cow gives milk, sheep gives wool, guard dog prevent burglary, rabbit cleans the floor, horse and cat I don't know. The animals need to be activated before they give listed effects.

When you sell 100 of one item, that item can be stocked daily (at 8 a.m.) you can set the amount individually, or generally.
When you sell 200 of one item, you can upgrade it (some items can't be upgraded). The chance depends on difficulty and your technology.
When you sell 500 of one item, the item can be stocked any time throughout the day.
When you sell 999 of one item, you can buy 100 of it and put it in the storage (not the shelf, not the backroom)

You can send out one of the two kids to find stuff. Their level will rise as they are dispatched, and two of them find different stuff from the same place. You can later buy maps and unlock new places to dispatch.

You can increase your storage limit. The cost increases every 10 upgrades or so. It starts at 1000G per 10, I'm at 25000G per 10 atm. (Once it hit 10000G per 10, the cost didn't increase every 10. Seems to be rising slower)

You can add display shelves up to 8. The cost significantly increases as you add more.

Auto-restock maximum amount is determined by your storage limit divided by number of display shelves. (200 storage and 4 shelves => 50, 200 storage and 5 shelves => 40)

In order to unlock new options for the purple boy, you need to meet certain requirements. Like the store needs to be dirty before "clean the store" option is unlocked, your HP needs to be low before "make me not tired" is unlocked

Items have 3 levels. Low grade, medium grade, and high grade. Only normal people will buy low grade stuff, everybody will buy medium grade, and only specific people will buy high grade stuffs.

Upgrading items become easier as your technology goes up and sell more of that. Eventually you get 1 ingredient to 1 result ratio and 100% success chance.

In the first part of the game, you are required to pay off 100,000G at the bank. When you do, an event occurs (no spoilers here). After that the game doesn't end. Instead, you are asked to achieve 1 million G sales from Sio goods. Sio good can first be purchased from the bottom shop when you go outside, and get 50 of a random Sio good if you pay 30,000G. Once you sell 100, you can restock without having to pay him that much, and a number of them can be upgraded.

That's pretty much it. Not gonna translate anything, not worth my effort. (Actually I wonder how many people are gonna even read this one. A dozen or so?)

I'm making 50 grand profit almost every day now. This game's about as easy as Toy Shop. First you'd have no idea what you're doing, but once you figure it out making money is piece of cake.
(Like, I could move into the mall in the middle of first summer in Toy Shop. I think the goal of the game was having 50,000 cash by the end of third year, I had 99,999 before the end of first year =P)

A notable difference is Toy Shop has toy-make grinding, this game has sell-stock grinding. In Toy Shop goods fly off the shelves as soon as you make them, in this game shelves are filled as soon as you sell them. And trust me, some good take forever to sell. Like, good luck selling 100 bonus tickets and stuff.
(I wish the game had an "always accept customer's offer" option. I never try to bargain with them or refuse sales anyway)

Post question here I'll reply if I know the answer.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Holy shiat, THANK YOU.

I've been playing this game and not understanding most of it. :wtf:

I'll post a question here if there's anything I need more help with.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Questions:

How do you set the restocking of goods? (How much to restock, etc.)

How do you do the options for the purple boy? I think I've unlocked them...

To pay off the debt at the bank, you choose the first option in the bank menu, correct?

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FlameTakuya said:
1) How do you set the restocking of goods? (How much to restock, etc.)

2) How do you do the options for the purple boy? I think I've unlocked them...

3) To pay off the debt at the bank, you choose the first option in the bank menu, correct?

1) Menu -> 4th option (order) -> 5th option (auto-restock)
You'll see two more options: The first one is individually, if you select it a list of items in your display will show up. The last option without a number is to switch to list of items in your backroom.
The second one is generally. It macro-sets the amount. I don't find this much helpful, and from my experience your individual setting takes priority over this one.
(For example, set one item to 50, and use second option to turn everything to 1, your 50 will remain as 50)
You can't use 0 as your number. If you don't like to restock, take it out of the display/backroom. (Choose item, when options pop up pick the last one and say OK)

2) Menu -> 4th option (order) -> 3rd option (Luvell / Ruvell)
From the top:
Bring item samples (small quantity of random item)
Collect money (gives you a tiny bit of cash)
Clean store (self-explanatory, not that useful IMO, get rabbits)
Advertise store (popularity goes up)
Make me not tired (HP recovery)
Worship me (Extra EXP)
Develop item (Takes 5 days to make alchemy pieces, it can be upgraded after 200 sales but it's a high grade item and doesn't fly off shelves)
Nothing

3) Yup. The second one is deposit (gives you interest every once in a while), the third is obviously withdraw. Everything is done in units of 1000G.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I purchased the rabbits. I think I got them via rullette bonus. (When you sell a lot of stuff, or get bonus tickets from competetions)
When you do well in a competetion (like every once in a while purple boy comes and says "*a number*?" blah blah blah and a money, asks you OK or no. If you pay up, you can enter the competetion) you do a rullette, and the prizes are decent, one of them is a set of bonus tickets which is kinda like on the bad side of competetion prizes.

For starters, focus on getting the water, flour, and rice (the three cheapest items from the market) to 500P. It's not likely you'd have levelled up enough times to get your technology up for good success chance of upgrading before 500P anyway. Meanwhile, if you get enough cash go ahead and get a new shelf, add storage and stuff.

Once you get enough technology to get 1 ingredient to 1 result ratio and 90%+ chance, upgrade water. Sell enough of that upgraded water and you can upgrade it to liquor. It's a killer seller in the early part of the game IMO.

Since all you'd be selling early game is food, try to move on to medicine and stuff. Start sending out two kids to grab stuff. Trial and error basically. Find items that crowds dig (in the item description section, the number in the right bottom is demand, the one next to price) and also sells for decent.

Sometimes upgraded items have lower demand than your original. That means that line of items isn't super profitable. But they may give you bigger store (the + number in the item description determines how big and balanced your shop is) and attract richer customers and such.

Experiment around, there are tons of items and I think not knowing what to expect is half the fun
tongue.gif

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I see...

Okay, so, storyline-wise, I've paid the 100k to the bank, and I've sold the required amount of Sio goods. What happens now?

Also, can you go over 999,999 gold on your person? I seem to stop at this number, but that last shop (guy that sells sio goods) has an item that sells for 9,999,999 gold... how do you buy that?

Moeny's coming along slowly, but steadily... now trying to complete the item list.
biggrin.gif

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Heh every once in a while a character will come in and ask to create a certain item. (I think it's random, as someone else got a different item from me) Do that a few times and more events are supposed to follow.

I don't remember how many digits, but you can only have certain amount of cash.

I've been caught up with Phantasy Star Portable recently, not playing this game any more. Also I forgot which item that character asked me to create. I'm shooting blanks right now, no luck. Probably should just work on filling the item list and I'll hit something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-