ROM Hack Removing the anti piracy measures for Black Sigil?

geminisama

Metsu
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I have NO idea where exactly to post this, so please move if it's wrong, and don't bite my head off.

I emailed Graffiti about their frequent lockups and crashed in the game, and they replied this:

"I'm sorry, it only locks up on pirated copies. Please provide proof
that you are getting crashes on retail version of the game.

Regards,

The Graffiti Team."

Seems kinda BS, as people are reporting it freezing on legit copies too; but would it be possible to remove the anti-piracy measures, like you guys did for CT, and such?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i have no idea
i have friends who play for 3 hours yet any freeze, he is on Artania
i have a friend got a freeze on the spirit temple after he restart no freeze...

the best is we get someone who really own the game to tell us he/she encounters any freeze through out the game to validfied the dev's claim

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
I emailed Graffiti about their frequent lockups and crashed in the game, and they replied this:

"I'm sorry, it only locks up on pirated copies. Please provide proof
that you are getting crashes on retail version of the game.

Regards,

The Graffiti Team."
Step 1: Find a legit copy
Step 2: Take a picture of yourself, the email, and you giving the camera the middle finger
Step 3: Send to Graffiti
Step 4: Profit!

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
O.o, i've had the game freeze on me once so far. Which was at the frozen lake thingy in the forest. And once when i put the DS in sleep mode, but that seem to happen to alot of my games lately.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol if they deny their own original copy doesn't freeze then they better should close off their company because then they will suffer economy collapses
biggrin.gif

really weird a game freezing up randomly (and really anoying) hopefully the copies get taken back and re-produced till they won't freeze, that and that the people who bought a copy can deliver theirs for another with this little problem solved

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible we got a bad dump? Also if it means anything, while other freezes can eventually get passed, there is a part where no matter what, I can't progress ( the meeting room in the desert town)

geminisama

Metsu
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it's a bad dump, cause people with retail games are having issues too. It's either:
A) Anti-Piracy measures activating on both versions, and should be fixable for US.
B) Bugs they're lying about, and we're shit out of luck.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What carts have people been having trouble on? I'm using an M3 with the latest Sakura, and haven't had any crashes yet. Maybe it's cart-related (and even the original hardware isn't as good, or something.)

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
What carts have people been having trouble on? I'm using an M3 with the latest Sakura, and haven't had any crashes yet. Maybe it's cart-related (and even the original hardware isn't as good, or something.)
Im using r4 with last firmware.

May I ask what part are you up to?

KendoKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using and EDGE latest firmware no freezes yet.
just got past the giant frog in the cave part when the green haired guy leaves and the white haired chick joins your party and you end up in that mountain town.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
IF it were a anti-piracy protection, why would the intervals of freezing be like 3 hours apart? I had 2 freezes. One around 30 minutes in to the game and one at around 6 and a half hours. It hardly bothers me...If it's a protection thingy, they sure didn't go all out on that. Studio Archcraft is cool, but Grafitti Entertainment can suck it. You should've seen the crap they put out on the Studio Archcraft forums..

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty certain they must just be bugs because Graffiti Entertainment are cheap. I'm on an R4 and I've only had one freeze, near the start in the Bel Lenora capital. But the thing is, a few years ago, before owning a flahcart or a DS lite, I bought Children of Mana, and (although they were much more frequent) I had the same problems. I returned the game and got a new copy, but to no avail. It turns out the game only messed up on my DS. But a few other people on the internet had the same problem and there was nothing with my DS. But it worked on the lite. Anyway, to (unsucsessfully) cut a long story short, I think it's a bug in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...