Hacking Removing # Of Use Limits On Demos?

popeel1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what if you take your 3ds nand image, once your surpass the demo limit, restore your nand image. would that work?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah it should I did say this on the first page, but I'm sure most will agree it seems a bit overkill to play a demo a bunch of time......soldering the SD reader alone risks messing up the 3ds then people getting bad dumps and not checking etc....the simplistic way has aleady been shared.....make sure your plays count and leave it running in sleep mode instead of just having 10 minute goes per game counter

AgoraphobicNosebleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it should I did say this on the first page, but I'm sure most will agree it seems a bit overkill to play a demo a bunch of time......soldering the SD reader alone risks messing up the 3ds then people getting bad dumps and not checking etc....the simplistic way has aleady been shared.....make sure your plays count and leave it running in sleep mode instead of just having 10 minute goes per game counter

The method I used doesn't require any soldering.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I just made an image of my sdcard with emunand 7.1.0-14U (3DSLink one) using Win32diskimager, then after surpassing the 30 limit demo, I proceeded to restore my previous SD image just before start playing and voila, again 30 demo limit. No need to solder anything as said above.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
good to "hear", but it's still pointless* >_>
I completed bravely default's demo in 6 uses. everything done, characters at level 20, every job at level 4, all bosses defeated, norende rebuilt at max level, 20 villagers, etc...

*at least for BD's demo

Reactions: Skelletonike

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I just made an image of my sdcard with emunand 7.1.0-14U (3DSLink one) using Win32diskimager, then after surpassing the 30 limit demo, I proceeded to restore my previous SD image just before start playing and voila, again 30 demo limit. No need to solder anything as said above.

read the OP, its a none modded console....no mod = no emunand = no backing up and restoring emunand

the method i was describing would actually work for the OP, what you are describing is irrelevant in this situation, i am fully aware that you can just backup emunand and restore that IF you own a console on 4.x

Reactions: IronClouds

shibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of having unlimited use of a Demo... Just the buy the full game & you might find it more convenient.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of having unlimited use of a Demo... Just the buy the full game & you might find it more convenient.

The number of people that don't even read the first post is astounding...

The issue is that thae content in the specific demo in question is not found in the retail copy.

The number of people that don't even read the first post is astounding...

The issue is that thae content in the specific demo in question is not found in the retail copy.

May I recommend you read, at the very least, the first post? I will say no more, but the TC's argument makes a whole lot of sense.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the number of uses *is* on the NAND and not on the SD card? Or do we not know?

I'm suspecting it's on the NAND but it's a valid question.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The only way you could go about it is with a 3DS, on firmware allowing you to run the Gateway exploit (firmware between, and including, 4.1 - 4.5). You'd have to download the demos to your emuNAND partition and make an image of the SD card before you start playing. Play through all of the allowed uses, restore the image, and you're good for another number of tries. Messing with files on the SD card alone won't do the trick.
Alternatively, do the same thing with a simple NAND backup device. You just have to solder 4 wires to the 3DS and away you go. Looks reasonably easy to solder and as long as you're careful you can't really destroy the console though you may ruin the solder points leaving you unable to do the NAND backup/restore, then again that's the same as if you didn't try in the first place right?

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then you'd lose the save.

I think it's on NAND.

Ok, so tell me what this game is and how I can look at how many uses I have left... I will just download it, run it a few times, dump nand and SD card and reflash. Put this thing to bed lol.

Interesting - I didn't know that. I download all the demos and leave them untouched so the usage count doesn't go down. Call me anal about these things :P

I won't call you anal, but I will ask... what's the point of even downloading them?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they might be de-listed from the eshop one day.

Also, because if the 3DS ever gets hacked fully (e.g. not just on 4.5) and we can remove the limitation, I'll be set.

Until I run out of space on my SD card (and I have a 32GB in there), I really see no reason not to, even if I'm not gonna play them.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they might be de-listed from the eshop one day.

Also, because if the 3DS ever gets hacked fully (e.g. not just on 4.5) and we can remove the limitation, I'll be set.

Until I run out of space on my SD card (and I have a 32GB in there), I really see no reason not to, even if I'm not gonna play them.

I guess I just don't understand why you care that they will be de-listed if you don't pln on playing them? O.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__