Hacking Question Removing all trace of a NSP?

Tecknogekko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently I've been restoring a clean backup before booting stock each time to avoid bans: create backup before I boot cfw -> mess around with HB completely offline (mainly retroarch) -> restore backup -> boot stock -> play legit games online -> repeat. Now i'm thinking about installing NSPs. Is there a way to completely remove any trace of the nsp install before I boot stock? I know a simple nand restore won't wipe it given i'd be installing the nsp to the sd in the first place, best I could hope for would be the restore wiping the link between the OS and the actual nsp installs' location. Is there a way to go about this in conjunction with the clean nand restore to avoid bans?

P.S. I know i'm going about this in a pretty time consuming way and i'd have to backup/restore the save files of any NSP along with reinstalling the NSP altogether for each cfw boot (given i'd be restoring clean to play online legit titles). But in lieu of an actual emunand I do what I gotta do.

Tecknogekko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So simply deleting all files related to the title in goldleaf/lithium before the restore will clean everything out?

Tecknogekko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated in the OP I do that anyway. Just wanted to make sure there weren't any extraneous files/registers (like tickets and such, though obviously tickets are on console nand) that a nsp install places on the SD outside of the title itself when installing it to the SD.

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
What is installed on EmuNAND, Stays in EmuNAND. If you have SX OS use that. I personally use atmosphere on my CFW SysNAND at times, then I play games that I do not own on my EmuNAND and then restore my SysNAND to a clean Pre-CFW state and go online. Rinse and Repeat.
Clean NAND is always the safe option IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head