OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what to say and I am certain that this will get downvoted hard, but I'm starting to grow tired of AI being utilized by people in a way that shows a lack of effort made, specifically by the OFFICIAL GBAtemp staff.

Screenshot_2024-05-24_05-51-27.jpg

What is this crap? Is it really that difficult to copy and paste a picture of a REAL Nintendo system via a Google search and call it a day? I hope they don't sponsor cryptocurrencies and make a GBAtemp-oriented coin or minted NFT, otherwise this will lose a lot of trust not just to the users, but also the site.

Just to clarify, let me state that I am attempting to make the point that users who are gullible enough to take what they see for real could actually fall for it from AI-generated media.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd say in this example it's clearly being used in jest, nobody knows what Switch 2 will actually look like even if we can somewhat infer from Switch's design. It'd be a different matter if the image was being presented as leaked from Nintendo HQ or something like that, but even then it wouldn't be believable for obvious reasons.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That picture was obviously meant as a joke, intended to be a pointedly exaggerated design and not a real system. Intended to go with the also not too serious topic (half of the suggestions are jokes too).

Having AI generate the fake console is simpler than trying to draw one yourself. One would hope it also made it obvious it was fake and not a serious speculation on what the console will look like.

And "just googling an image" has some copyright and licensing issues before you can repost, reuse or republish them, which is also a hassle.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, unless they would have hired an artist instead of using AI, I don't see this as causing any real harm, especially if they used a free model (i.e. they didn't pay for models which use unauthorized sources) or one that uses sources which gave permission.

Luddites being scared of things they don't understand again.

You might want to further elaborate, i.e. why shouldn't groups who are potentially seeing their paying jobs replaced be scared?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess