Hacking Reliable Canadian online store with Simply?

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whoever is in Canada and wants an M3 Simply... Order from ConsoleSource.com.

I ordered it like Thursday night, around Midnight, so pretty much Friday...

It arrived this morning! I wasn't expecting it to come so soon 'cause of the weekend (i.e. non-business days)

Shipping was only $5 USD, and they shipped with XpressPost... I love 'em, can't say enough about the fast delivery.

DkInc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I pre-ordered mine from Divineo.com a few days before Christmas. Got the package about a week and a half ago. They sent me the tracking number and I got the item in Canada Post the next day. When they have stock, it's usually really fast. Ordered from them a few times, quite satisfied with the service.

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anything that ships via Canada Post Xpresspost is almost always very fast and it always arrives
smile.gif

ThadSharpe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, been a week and a half here waiting on Sky2k. Thinking I will call my credit card company and have them cancel the charges and go with a more reliable/reputable dealer and pay a bit more for it.

Dee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still waiting for my Jan 11 order from Sky2k.com as well. I sent them an e-mail asking for a tracking number for my order. They replied that they don't give tracking numbers for orders under $100 (mine was $100.08) then they copy and pasted the status from the web site. You know, will arrive in several days (has said that since the day I placed the order). I'm not impressed with the effort put into the reply but at least I know an actual person responded. I'm giving it to the end of the week then sorting it out once and for all.

ThadSharpe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was told yesterday that they had shipped it (after I sent them an email asking where it was). However, I didn't get a tracking number either, and my order on the website still shows processing.

I will give it till the end of the week and if it doesn't show I will call my credit card company.

onewing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive also placed an order for on Jan 11th...

2 R4's and 2 512mb kingston microSD's. The website still lists the status as "processing" but the last email they send said "We are sorry that there was a small delay on the shipment of your order. Your package is in transit. You should receive it in several days"

I wonder if i email them and ask for a tracking number if they will tell me that they dont send tracking numbers for orders under 200$?

Also does anyone know if im going to get hit with duty charges since they appear to ship from hong kong?

ThadSharpe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was under the impression they shipped from Toronto, but who knows with this operation. I recall somebody saying they got something from Sky2k and it had been shipped Canada Post, so I would think/hope it is Canadian.

Plus the shipping charges they charge seem a bit low for a package from Hong Kong.

jono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was under the impression they shipped from Toronto, but who knows with this operation. I recall somebody saying they got something from Sky2k and it had been shipped Canada Post, so I would think/hope it is Canadian.

Plus the shipping charges they charge seem a bit low for a package from Hong Kong.

Hey guys , tuesday i got a reply from them , well its only a tracking number

Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2007/01/21 08:50 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item has been sent to Canadian Customs for processing

it will be ship from Canada post and that about it.
if its the same for u guys well congratulation if not well try to tell them that u gonna cancel the order and they will reply u wit a tracking #

Also its the only time i will buy from them , paying less cost more time .

ThadSharpe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man, then it is coming from overseas... that could mean duty (however, we already were charged GST).

This was so not worth it!

onewing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just as an update here, the website on my order now shows it as "Delivered"

I dont know if they have a different definition of delivered than me, but I dont have it yet, and thats what I expect when I see the word delivered. I emailed them asking for a tracking number, so we will see how that goes.

luck11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Canadians, order from realhotstuff or jandaman. Ask to declare a low value ($10 or less) and you will not be taxed at the border, nor will you have any brokerage fees.

Order from Canada, and guaranteed you pay GST at least, and maybe PST depending if store is in your province.

Check prices with current exchange rates (and shipping costs) and I have found ordering from US cheaper. Might take a little longer, but I'm willing to wait.

jono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just as an update here, the website on my order now shows it as "Delivered"

I dont know if they have a different definition of delivered than me, but I dont have it yet, and thats what I expect when I see the word delivered. I emailed them asking for a tracking number, so we will see how that goes.

LUCKY U cuz mine is still processing .

ThadSharpe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This stuff does indeed come from Hong Kong, despite their website saying they are based in Toronto. They just emailed me a tracking number for the Hong Kong post office. Ugh.

I will certainly not be dealing with Sky2k ever again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c