Hacking Reliability of Cyclo ds evolution

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the R4 allow you to freeze the game and low down, load cheats, and save game?
Sounds like a trick question to me
tongue.gif

Zinhoude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the m3ds real which killed my ds!so i ordered a black cyclods from ozmodchips. Been using it for about a week now and it works a treat!!!!!no complaints apart from being a bit tricky to get the microsd card out.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the R4 allow you to freeze the game and low down, load cheats, and save game?
I don't know why you'd ever want to use slow motion, seems gimmicky. I had way more cheats on my R4 thanks to Rayder's cheat .dat. I rarely used them anyway. Real time save, if that's what you're referring to, is a nice feature but it's like cheating.

At the end of the day you just want to play your games.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you'd ever want to use slow motion, seems gimmicky.

I found it to be very useful in Mechassault: Phantom War. It seemed appropriate to actually "hack" the "hacking" minigame by slowing it down enough to be easy. It's not a feature you'd use often, but one that's nice to have in the toolbox.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten any replacement for DOA Evolutions in the last month or so? I'm just curious because my Evo was mostly DOA(completely/scarily dead about a week later, not detecting and making the DS screen look fainter than normal upon boot, like a partial short or a non-power line short), and I started my RMA on 12/27/07 with an expected arrival on 1/28/07 which didn't happen. Upon enquiry I was asked to wait ANOTHER 2w, but I'll have to tell you I'm just REALLY curious to see if anyone is getting this kind of response?

[EDIT]
And to clarify, I mean a replacement directly from Team Cyclops rather than a re-seller, as originally, the re-seller that I got mine from wouldn't replace defective units. Oddly enough since TC has decided to stop directly replacing that same reseller is apparently offering to replace them up to a year now...
[/EDIT]

sueil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a batch one that started dying after a few weeks. Died pretty much completely after a few months. Possible to get it to boot, but way too much trouble. Just ordered a black one tonight, seeing that they seem to have fixed the problem, and that I had money again. Took them long enough though.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
I can report that we have sold over 500 black units. only 1 has come back with a corrupted firmware flash that couldnt be recovered. Use was trying to update to 1.3.
Besides that 1/500, its perfect

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can report that we have sold over 500 black units. only 1 has come back with a corrupted firmware flash that couldnt be recovered. Use was trying to update to 1.3.
Good to hear. How long is the warranty on older carts that exhibit problems? I am lucky and got some black ones from the new batch.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow...it sounds like TC finally got off their asses and fixed this problem. That's good to know if I ever want to buy a second one. Although, I thought I read a lot of posts on their forums recently about a bunch of black ones being defective.

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Wow...it sounds like TC finally got off their asses and fixed this problem. That's good to know if I ever want to buy a second one. Although, I thought I read a lot of posts on their forums recently about a bunch of black ones being defective.
Dude, don't knock TeamCyclops for being slow (not that you really are)... I messed up my CycloWiz update (totally my fault, long story, but I connected two wires together instead of installing a switch and it caused a short at the wrong time, bricked the chip) they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked, 100% free and less than a week of waiting. They even told me that I would be able to recover the one I bricked once they worked out their method for flashing the chip from a PC (this was a while ago)... so now I have two CycloWiz's.
I own a CycloDS Evo too, I'd buy another over an R4 even if there was a $40 price difference... They have great support, fast response times (got an update out for SMG in a little over a day) and their products tend to have the most working features. As soon as the Cyclops360 mod comes out, I am buying a 360.

BTW, anyone looking for up to date CycloDS Cheat Files, look here.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country

Good to hear. How long is the warranty on older carts that exhibit problems? I am lucky and got some black ones from the new batch.

The warranty on them from cyclo? Im not sure, it might be 3 months or a year. I have so many 1st gens faulty that I am about to send back
Im going to post a picture
smile.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wish that they'd now get off their asses and send out my replacement.

They'll probably send you your replacements before I see mine, or the cash for them if that's how they're handling it...

As to replacements now, you vendors are supposed to handle that. Mod-chip.com has had a major change of heart with TC's new policy, and according to people on the official boards are now giving a year warranty, which also happens to be what the SC warranty is.

stanthebat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a Cyclo DS last year, got a bad one, and waited a good long while for a new one. Aggravating, but the replacement worked like a charm for months- so it's all good, right?

Well, today, for the first time, I dropped the cart. Mind you, I didn't drop it and step on it. I didn't drop it out of a fourth-story window into the street, where it got run over by a truck. No, I dropped it from the height of a low coffeetable, two feet at most.

The result seems to be that the DS now detects the card about once out of every thirty or forty tries. In short, it's useless. I remember reading before I ordered it that it wasn't terribly sturdy, and I thought, 'aw, that's not a problem- I'm not gonna beat on it... it'll be fine'.

Well, mine isn't fine. Are the newer ones any more durable?

Ngentot

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my Cyclo DS Evo in July 2007 and this week it DIED!

I've emailed the reseller - modsupplier.com to see if they will replace it under warranty.

There's no information on the Cyclo DS website regarding the warranty period so I'm hoping it's still within the period otherwise I have to decide whether I tempt fate and purchase another or look for a more reliable solution.

Cheers,
Ngentot!
smile.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that sucks. I got mine in June 07. I'm sure mine will eventually end up in the same fate.

And all my carts, besides the Evo, I've bought from RHS. But I just couldn't wait for them to get their stock when the Evo first hit the market. So I bought it fro Modchipstore.com(think that's what their name was), and now they're not in business anymore. They got shut down during those modchip raids a few months back.

So it looks like I'll have to purchase another one if that happens. And RHS sells their stock so fast when they get it, I fear it'll be very hard to get one from them, considering I don't want to wait a month or two on pre-order. OzModChips sounds pretty good. Plus it looks like they have stock, hopefully they ship to the US.

stanthebat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Ngentot-

>There's no information on the Cyclo DS website regarding the warranty period

After sniffing around a bit, I came across this page. Apparently they announced about a week and a half ago that they're not going to handle replacements themselves anymore; instead, they'll refer you back to the store you bought the cart from. Mine came from RHS, and their warranty period is 90 days, so I suspect I am SOL.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, Ngentot-

>There's no information on the Cyclo DS website regarding the warranty period

After sniffing around a bit, I came across this page. Apparently they announced about a week and a half ago that they're not going to handle replacements themselves anymore; instead, they'll refer you back to the store you bought the cart from. Mine came from RHS, and their warranty period is 90 days, so I suspect I am SOL.
My friend bought it from a place that used to have a 60 day warranty, and after this announcement, they now extended the warranty. I guess the Cyclo team is taking it back through them, so they will likely extend the warranty for you. Doesn't hurt to ask them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1