Hacking Reliability of Cyclo ds evolution

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
lol, i got the cyclo DS today and i love it, much better than the R4DS, it arrived the next day and it seems they have plently of stock too, i am using my 1gb kingston for now but might concider gettinng a bigger micro sd card later on. yay for modchip-store uk
biggrin.gif

Div03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I was wondering which card to get with SDHC. It was a fight between the M3 Real and the Cyclo. I'm thinking more towards the M3 Real now....

benchma®k

Trophies
XP
Country
All this talk of having to use paper shims and stuff.... not good.

I sent an email to mod-chip yesterday requesting that i be sent a black evo. They said it had already been dispatched and was going to be white :'(

Has there been a batch 4 in white? The only real reason i wanted one in black is because they've apparently fixed this problem with the fracturing solder.

Please tell me its going to be ok!!
laugh.gif
I dont want my cart DOA, or even worse... to die just outside the return period!!!!
frown.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new design should, hopefully, eliminate most of the hardware problems, at least on paper as it were...

The only way to be certain will be to wait and see what happens and even then only if it can be verified that people actually have the batch 4 design Evos. (The black cased ones will definitely be batch 4 design, but as to the white ones some vendors still had batch 3 stock, some didn't, but most of the ones with stock left were those trying to gouge people, e.g. selling Evo's for $80, Datel Games'n'Music for $50(WTF?!), etc.)

joebells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realhotstuff claims that everyone of the black cyclos they received in a shipment have a problem but they didn't say what the problem is.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TC posted this.

QUOTE said:
Regarding RHS black Cyclo stock problem, it's a totally different issue that won't affect end users at all. The factory made an error by sending them (and only them) a full batch of CycloDS programmed with an old code. We're in the process of sending them a proper batch.

joebells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah thanks but i wonder if its just the wrong code couldn't they just flash them quick? or maybe the wrong language is on there? seems weird to me

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have personally tested 150 black cyclos
and non have been DOA
all tested with a 1gb kingston
load cyclo OS
run a game for 10 seconds..

Issues are fixed.
They just posted a message on their boards that they had to recall a shipment of carts, but apparently got all of them back before they could be delivered, which is why Real Hot Stuff has no stock ATM...

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have personally tested 150 black cyclos
and non have been DOA
all tested with a 1gb kingston
load cyclo OS
run a game for 10 seconds..

Issues are fixed.
They just posted a message on their boards that they had to recall a shipment of carts, but apparently got all of them back before they could be delivered, which is why Real Hot Stuff has no stock ATM...

That had nothing to do with the hardware, which has been causing all of the problems. That box of Evos had old code flashed to it at the factory rendering them useless, so they recalled it and sent them working ones.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my dad got his black cycloDS in today.

But he's at work and it'd be rude to open it before he did.

I want to see this thing compared to my batch 1 cycloDS.

Silly thing is, he's got a 2GB microSD... And only 4 games planned for it.
Maybe 5.

Edit: Got it in.

LOL NO WORKZ.

It boots the card nice and fine.
But then we get the dreaded "Cannot find microSD" thing.

I put it in my BATCH 1 CycloDS and it recognized his microSD card.

I tried formatting it.
I tried disk-checking it.

A no go.

So, if he can get a refund, he might just get a DS Top toy.
C'mon. He just wants to play his games. Waiting a week and paying $27 is alright with him.

Div03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after hearing the good things about the new Cyclo, I also decided to step up.

I had planned on buying from RHS, but I noticed the stock problem and that they were "out of stock" again.

Well, forget waiting. I noticed Divineo had the black ones, and I had ordered from them no problem before. I was aware of the 20 dollar difference, but said "Eh, impatience." and went ahead and ordered it.

I got it a few days later, and it works great so far. I still have my RHS page loaded to by a M3 Real in case this thing dies anytime soon.

So far so good
gba.gif

joebells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my white cyclo I got from realhotstuff last week and was able to test this week is giving me problems already. Failing to load a quarter of the time. I can't believe they are having this many problems. I can sort of understand the first batch having some issues but for them to be having problems still after all this time is pathetic.

biffbampow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joebells, if I'm not mistaken, only the black Evos are the fixed ones. The white ones are still faulty. The differences between the two aren't just cosmetic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth