ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey people! Always creating custom theme here and im having a problem with a BGM actually. Im currently doing a FF6 Theme with Setzer's theme but somehow the song goes weird at a specific moment (always the same no matter where i loop actually). I have been careful so that the file is under 3.3mb and ripped at 32000KHz. Advice anyone ? (Files in linked for those who need proof. (take 1-2 min to listen so you can hear where it goes weird).

Attachments

• bgm.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 115

CyberMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YATA+ can't properly convert a mono wav file exported from Audacity to BCSTM.

I have a bunch of images and music ready to be converted into themes but I think I'm going to wait for a few more updates to this program. The preview generator is nice but it's limited. And the uploader to the 3ds is not flawless either.
Either way YATA+ is still really cool.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
YATA+ can't properly convert a mono wav file exported from Audacity to BCSTM.

I have a bunch of images and music ready to be converted into themes but I think I'm going to wait for a few more updates to this program. The preview generator is nice but it's limited. And the uploader to the 3ds is not flawless either.
Either way YATA+ is still really cool.
To convert a wav to bcstm it should be stereo and you should not be using a too high sample rate (Project frequency in audacity),i can't change this because it's using the wav to brstm converter of brawlbox and then it converts the brstm header to a bcstm header (they are practically the same kind of file, just some differences in the header).
The preview generator is only for giving an idea of how would be the theme, recreating the full home menu rendering code would be very hard if not impossible.
For the theme uploader i'm working on a better version, but i don't know when it will be completed since in this period i'm very busy with the school

Reactions: CyberMario

CyberMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To convert a wav to bcstm it should be stereo and you should not be using a too high sample rate (Project frequency in audacity),i can't change this because it's using the wav to brstm converter of brawlbox and then it converts the brstm header to a bcstm header (they are practically the same kind of file, just some differences in the header).
Ahh that sucks because I make the songs mono to shrink the file size. Getting decent songs that also fit 3.3 mb requirement is tricky and difficult sometimes.

The preview generator is only for giving an idea of how would be the theme, recreating the full home menu rendering code would be very hard if not impossible.
For the theme uploader i'm working on a better version, but i don't know when it will be completed since in this period i'm very busy with the school
Oh. Could some very minor stuff be implemented as just a jpg overlayed on the outputted simulation? Seeing an example of how the files and apps will look on the bottom screen would be super helpful in just making sure the color scheme is correct.

rawrJau

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey people! Always creating custom theme here and im having a problem with a BGM actually. Im currently doing a FF6 Theme with Setzer's theme but somehow the song goes weird at a specific moment (always the same no matter where i loop actually). I have been careful so that the file is under 3.3mb and ripped at 32000KHz. Advice anyone ? (Files in linked for those who need proof. (take 1-2 min to listen so you can hear where it goes weird).

I'm having the same problem, happens around 1:05 everytime, so it isn't just you. Maybe the 3DS doesn't allow songs longer than said time?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So one suggestion from me; who wanted to make very sound effect heavy theme (made after a game menu using said sound assets)
I know from some official themes, very good example being the official splatoon themes that themes can have a custom scroll tick sound (that ticking when scrolling bottom screen) - in splatoon themes for example it is replaced with sloshing effect simulating swimming through ink. Given the cwav chunk possibilities already, that would be last thing missing from this tool as it goes for sound possibilities, before the holy grail of open source CWAV making of course.

So kinda TL;DR: "Screen scroll tick SHOULD be a file you can override with a theme; any possibility for this in future versions"

Thanks a lot for this program, very simple but does what it should and has the needed guidelines as I require no more myself.

Using Yata itself to dump the files from said Splatoon theme I stated as an example; the address for the splatoon theme file is 0x12B3C. The file seems to be few seconds continuous sloshing effect which plays for the time you are scrolling. Edited again as I figured out that all the sound effect addresses vary between themes probably depending on individual cwav sizes.

Last edited by Sumea,

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! Are you still working on this?

Theme simulator with every UI element (GETTING CLOSER....)

This is something I'd love to see! Things like Closed Button and stuff. Would make theme making way easier.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So one suggestion from me; who wanted to make very sound effect heavy theme (made after a game menu using said sound assets)
I know from some official themes, very good example being the official splatoon themes that themes can have a custom scroll tick sound (that ticking when scrolling bottom screen) - in splatoon themes for example it is replaced with sloshing effect simulating swimming through ink. Given the cwav chunk possibilities already, that would be last thing missing from this tool as it goes for sound possibilities, before the holy grail of open source CWAV making of course.

So kinda TL;DR: "Screen scroll tick SHOULD be a file you can override with a theme; any possibility for this in future versions"

Thanks a lot for this program, very simple but does what it should and has the needed guidelines as I require no more myself.

Using Yata itself to dump the files from said Splatoon theme I stated as an example; the address for the splatoon theme file is 0x12B3C. The file seems to be few seconds continuous sloshing effect which plays for the time you are scrolling. Edited again as I figured out that all the sound effect addresses vary between themes probably depending on individual cwav sizes.
Hello! Are you still working on this?

This is something I'd love to see! Things like Closed Button and stuff. Would make theme making way easier.

Yes, i'm still working on this, right now i'm working on adding cwavs to the theme, maybe in the future i'll work again on the theme simulator,
as for the screen scroll tick someone already requested me to implement that, but i'm still trying to understand how it works

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, i'm still working on this, right now i'm working on adding cwavs to the theme, maybe in the future i'll work again on the theme simulator,
as for the screen scroll tick someone already requested me to implement that, but i'm still trying to understand how it works
Yeah. All I can say is there is some official themes (so I cannot share them) like splatoon squid sisters theme that do this. Yata+ can also extract and tell the address of the said files but rest is up to you. Thanks for the great work though, the tool is already amazing as it is!

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah. All I can say is there is some official themes (so I cannot share them) like splatoon squid sisters theme that do this. Yata+ can also extract and tell the address of the said files but rest is up to you. Thanks for the great work though, the tool is already amazing as it is!
dumping cwavs works by looking for every cwav header so it will always find every cwav even if we don't know how it's implemented in the theme

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
dumping cwavs works by looking for every cwav header so it will always find every cwav even if we don't know how it's implemented in the theme
Yeah, Since I am a guy who uses your tool instead looking into hex or whatever of the themes I am clueless what are the things pointing into these themes. I am sure you could look into said themes though, and at least find some pointers to get it work, seeing you got everything else work too.

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
Splendid. Love what you've achieved so far. We went from being blind to this, so it's amazing regardless!

D

Deleted User

JHo0Df2.png

How to fix that ?

Bublah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on some official themes they have songs that have a beginning but it then loops the song from its regular looping point (ie: Pikachu pokemon theme with shop song). Is there any way to do this?

Never mind i figured it out.

Last edited by Bublah,

khangress

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So on some official themes they have songs that have a beginning but it then loops the song from its regular looping point (ie: Pikachu pokemon theme with shop song). Is there any way to do this?

Never mind i figured it out.

How do you do it?

Also, I can't find the exe file in version 1.7. Where is it located?

protomouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
White in both top and bottom textures seems to turn into light mint green when saving and reloading the theme.

This was originally a solid white top texture:

9xLo8uv.png

I'm not using any overlays. In fact, I'm using the basic template. Is there something I'm missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1