[Release/WIP] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Agent Moose, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX Save Editor
    (Download Below)

What this Save Editor can do (Updated: August 19th, 2017):
    • Max MP! (This is used for buying outfits, snacks, room items, staying in the pent house ect.)
    • Max Snacks!...it's only 9 for each, so lame.
    • Unlock All Room Items
    • Unlock all 48 songs!
    • Unlock all Song Difficulties (Hard and Super Hard Modes)
    • Unlock all Outfits!
    • Unlock all 115 Stamps!
    • Unlock all Profile Card Options!
    • All Songs Perfect Rank
    • All Songs Max MP set to 999,999
    • All Songs Percentage Hit 100.00%
    • All Songs Max Combo set to 999.
    To Do List (No specific order):
    1. Secret secret!

How to run the code:
    1. Make sure you have Python installed
    2. Get your Project Mirai DX Save using whatever homebrew you wish. The last eight digits of the game ID is:
      1. For USA: 0000148c
      2. For EUR: 00001489
    3. There will be two save files, you want bk_m2r.bin
    4. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE. That way if something doesn't work right or if you write over something that you didn't want to, you are saved.
    5. Run the python script:
      1. Windows: Download the PMDXSE-GUI.py file and Double Click the python script and it would run.
      2. Mac OS: Download the PMDXSE-GUI.py file and open the Terminal and run: python <location to file>.py
    Old Command Line/Terminal Way

Non-Python GUI for Windows! Thanks to @Shadowtrance!
    Download: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/ProjectMiraiDXSE/releases/
    Source: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/ProjectMiraiDXSE

Once it's done you'll just have to transfer that save back over!

Also, if you have any thing you want me to try to add, please do tell!

Attached Files:

Last edited by Agent Moose, Aug 19, 2017
  2. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere In The Aether...
    This looks awesome, I've wanted to get the game and since there is already a save editor then I'm basically all ready to enjoy it :)

3. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Just remember for those who wish to do this, you need to set your variable path by typing

set path=C:\Python27

Test this by opening cmd again, and typing "python" and if it loads up the interpreter then you're good to go.

then after which set the script to run from your location, don't forget to add quotes to your location path or you'll error out.

Place both files in the same folder after setting the path, and the code will look like this
    Code:
    python "C:/Downloads/ProjectMiraiDXSE.py" "C:/Downloads/bk_m2r.bin"

Massive thanks to OP for this.

4. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Oh thanks for that! I am on a Mac so it's a little bit different when I run it :P I'll add that to the first post.

EDIT:
    Save Editor updated to include "Unlock All Songs!" As well as first post updated.

Last edited by Agent Moose, Sep 15, 2015
    Misledz likes this.
  5. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    Edit: Thought it erases song progress, my bad :P

6. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Nope! I'm trying hard not to do that.

Also, would anyone know how percentages convert into hex? I'm so very confused by it and I have no clue what 100.00% is in hex. The closest I've got to 100% on a song is 99.33%.

7. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    Lucky you, the closest I've gotten was 95.60 as my highest. I've yet to hit the 99 in any song. Perhaps that can be placed last?

As for the max combo how will that work considering that some of the songs have odd and even values for max combo.

8. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    yeah, it's going to be the last thing I do probably. I spent most of the day learning more python in general so I can try to condense the code as much as I can, so I really didn't do to much findings in the game today.

The next thing that I will get done is unlocking all the difficulties. I know exactly where it is, it's just very repetitive for what I need to do.

9. Azure_Kytia

Azure_Kytia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    Australia
    Tasmania
    I've taken the small liberty of making a c# version of this, very nice work you've done so far!

Attached Files:

kbmarinha, Dartz150, Sinon and 2 others like this.
  10. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    First post updated with new code with new featuers!
    1. I added arguments to the code: UnlockSongs, UnlockHard and Perfect.
    2. UnnlockSongs: Unlocks all the songs
    3. UnlockHard: Unlocks the Hard Button and Hard Touch modes
    4. Perfect: Sets all songs to perfect ranking. Does not change the Max Combo, percentage or High Score.

Misledz likes this.
  11. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    Since it sets it automatically to perfect does this unlock all the costumes available after playing the songs? Technically this should also count as "Unlock all outfits" at this rate. Then again, as always, awesome job mate!

12. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    It only makes the songs perfect ranking. Granted, unlocking all outfits should be under there too later. That's a good idea.

I'm going to be working on getting all the outfits probably tonight.

Also, for the High Score and Max Combo, I'm assuming you all would like it set to 99999? I really don't want to have to play through each song on each difficulty to get each Max Combo. That would take ages.

13. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    Would be nice, but would be also nice to make it into a separate py file so it's optional, or else the fun of this game is technically gone xD. On the bright side, a 4GB rom rekt by a 800kb file.

14. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Code Updated:
    Added argument: UnlockItems.
    This will unlock all the room items in the store (Small, Medium, Large, Wall, Hanging and Pool).
    You will still need to go to the shop to pay for them.

Also, when you use the "Perfect" argument you now act as if you bought each of the room items. All you've got to do (after you ran the script) is just remodel your room and all the items will be there.

Misledz likes this.
  15. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    As always thanks for your dedication :) Will test this out asap.

Edit : Just got this error.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Nvm :P Turns out you had to manually input in the arguments after that xD So it was weird. I completely missed that part

Last edited by Misledz, Sep 20, 2015
  16. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Is it possible to have someone edit your backup for you and then they edit and send it to you? I can't get this to work and I just want the max MP lol

17. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    I can do that for you, but in the future you'd probably want to try out the other features. Are you on Mac/Windows?

18. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    I'm using a Windows 10 laptop :o I downloaded everything but I have zero clue how to actually get my save onto it (mostly because I don't understand what cmd and stuff is)
    But if you could help with the MP for now that would be amazing!!! How would I go about sending you the save file? I have both save manager and the sdvt (spelling?)

19. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    Just extract the save file and Dropbox it or something, the file is fairly small like less than 100KB. Just send the bk_m2r.bin, also cmd is short for command prompt, if you press the win+R combinations and type cmd in Run. It will open command prompt for you. Then just place your save and the .py in your downloads folder and copy paste the command, you will need to have python installed though. But if all of that sounds complicated I'd be willing to edit your save for you :)

20. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Could you please? I took a look at the post where you posted an image and said you got an error, I understand none of that D: