ROM Hack [Release/WIP] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX Save Editor

Deleted member 371699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I read the save file in as a byte array, handling each byte individually.

10216 is the byte offset of the first song's unlocked status in the save file. In Moose's source, the byte 0x27e8 in Hex converts to 10216 in Decimal. This has since been changed in Moose's source due to his editor unlocking difficulties as well; my implementation was merely a slightly more accessible conversion of the hard work Moose had already made.

Each consecutive byte I wanted to edit for song unlocks was 248 bytes ahead of the previous one, so a simple for loop using the initial offset plus the iteration * 248 worked well. You can PM me if you'd like further explanation, I am terrible for not commenting code and I wouldn't want to spam this thread too much :P

Last edited by Deleted member 371699,
Reactions: Agent Moose

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a very small update to the code, I just added an arguemtn for Max MP: MaxMP.

It's something I was debating on doing, but sense that's all you want, @anonynom, that why I put it in there :3

And Now I'm off to work. I have my vacation starting tomorrow so I'll be able to work quite a bit on the save editor for a couple days.

Last edited by Agent Moose,

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a very small update to the code, I just added an arguemtn for Max MP: MaxMP.

It's something I was debating on doing, but sense that's all you want, @anonynom, that why I put it in there :3

And Now I'm off to work. I have my vacation starting tomorrow so I'll be able to work quite a bit on the save editor for a couple days.
That's awesome! Thanks, hopefully I can get the one of the save thingies to work so I can use this! :>

Reactions: Agent Moose

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope the unlock outfit feature will coming out soon:P
It's the thing I really want done, but I am having the hardest time with it :P

I mean, I "figured" out how to unlock all the stamps. I put it in quotations because really, I have no clue how I did it, and I am having trouble replicating that as well :P

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's the thing I really want done, but I am having the hardest time with it :P

I mean, I "figured" out how to unlock all the stamps. I put it in quotations because really, I have no clue how I did it, and I am having trouble replicating that as well :P
that………nice anyway

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to fix the red screen of crash death when I choose this game. And I can't find any body else who's had this issue - can only find people who's screen is red like mine, but theirs still work.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I can't seem to fix the red screen of crash death when I choose this game. And I can't find any body else who's had this issue - can only find people who's screen is red like mine, but theirs still work.
I'm not sure if it's your SD card or your 3DS but apparently I feel it's your SD card if the issue persists with other games aswell..

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX Save Editor
(Download Below)

What this Save Editor can do (Updated: September 19, 2015):
  • Max MP! (This is used for buying outfits, snacks, room items, staying in the pent house ect.)
  • Unlock All Room Items
  • Unlock all 48 songs!
  • Unlock all Song Difficulties (Hard Button Mode and Hard Touch Mode)
  • All Songs Perfect Rank
To Do List (No specific order):
  1. Unlock all Outfits
  2. Unlock all Snacks
  3. All Songs Max MP
  4. All Songs Percentage Hit 100.00%
  5. All Songs Max Combo

How to run the code:
  1. Make sure you have Python installed
  2. Get your Project Mirai DX Save using whatever homebrew you wish. The last eight digits of the game ID is: 0000148c
  3. There will be two save files, you want bk_m2r.bin
  4. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE. That way if something doesn't work right or if you write over something that you didn't want to, you are saved.
  5. Run the python script with the arguement that you want in the terminal. (for OSX)

Arguments Available:
- MaxMP: Give yourself Max MP! (It's essentially money in this game.)
- UnlockSongs: Unlocks all songs.
- UnlockHard: Unlocks Hard Button and Hard Touch Modes for each song.
- UnlockItems: Unlocks each Room Item in the store. You still have to go to the shop and pay for them!
- Perfect: Does all the above plus gives you perfect rank on each song and you don't have to pay for each of the room items. Acts as if you already paid for them. Just go remodel your room and all the items will be there.
Code:
python /Path/To/ProjectMiraiDXSE.py /Path/to/bk_m2r.bin <argument>
So for example, if I want to only unlock all the room items:
Code:
python /Path/To/ProjectMiraiDXSE.py /Path/to/bk_m2r.bin UnlockItems

EDIT: For Windows it is a little bit different to run this code:

Once it's done you'll just have to transfer that save back over!

It's a very simple python code and I do plan on trying to make it an actual program, just have to figure out how first :P

Also, if you have any thing you want me to try to add, please do tell!
Would it be possible to add custom songs or replace songs with our own - maybe a native 3ds release

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add custom songs or replace songs with our own - maybe a native 3ds release
With this save editor, no. All this does is edit your save data.

I wouldn't have any idea on how to add your own songs, but I do know it would involve decrpyting the rom and a whole lot of other stuff that I have no clue on how to do.

Also!!!
Save Editor updated!
You can now use the "UnlockOutfits argument!
UnlockOutfits argument will only unlock the outfits in the shop. You still have to pay for them.
If you use the "Perfect" argument you will act as if you bought the outfits. (Also, if you use the "Perfect" argument you can select the Swimsuit outfit and be able to wear it outside the Resort!)

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
With this save editor, no. All this does is edit your save data.

I wouldn't have any idea on how to add your own songs, but I do know it would involve decrpyting the rom and a whole lot of other stuff that I have no clue on how to do.

Also!!!
Save Editor updated!
You can now use the "UnlockOutfits argument!
UnlockOutfits argument will only unlock the outfits in the shop. You still have to pay for them.
If you use the "Perfect" argument you will act as if you bought the outfits. (Also, if you use the "Perfect" argument you can select the Swimsuit outfit and be able to wear it outside the Resort!)
Weird thing though. If you use the perfect argument it gives you an S+ on all songs except hard. But when you play the song, the S+ goes, but the perfect symbol stays.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did notice that it didn't keep the ranking of the S+ if you played a song, which is weird. I didn't know it didn't show it on hard though. I'll have to look into that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out