Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

sledgebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea jean I've already done that guide. Well before I found this here. At least up to the part where I bought Brain Age and Haxchi & HB Launcher. But Not Cold Boot CBHC. Don't intend to do that part nor vWii If I can help it.

I had a ton of NES & SNES Roms on my PC for years. I've already got RetroArch 1.8.2 on my HomeBrew SD with over 1000 old games.

But I really want to Rip my Wii Disc Titles & WiiU Disc Titles to USB. Also.

And I have read the disc2app section... But I take it that's only for Wii U titles...
I'm under the impression That this Injector thing here allows us to do old Wii Disc's w/o mod the vWii?
I'm not sure I completely understand all the intricacies tho. Like I need two different USB's Still?

Last edited by sledgebeast,

sledgebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think you have already addressed this but Like a Hard Head I'm gonna ask anyway...
Just incase there has been any solution for this since your video..
I have some wireless Wii Pro Controllers.
I take it there is no hope of using them for these game injects?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I think you have already addressed this but Like a Hard Head I'm gonna ask anyway...
Just incase there has been any solution for this since your video..
I have some wireless Wii Pro Controllers.
I take it there is no hope of using them for these game injects?
Hello,

For Wii U games, use this guide ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-disc2app-dump-installable-app-files-from-wiiu-game-disc.460668/

And for wii and Gamecube games, use this ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

For me it worked like a charm, when I use Disc2app.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the WiiVC Injector Script make it so I don't have to hack the vWii side of my WiiU to Copy my Wii disc's to USB & Run them on my WiiU?

No. The only way to copy Wii discs is through Wii homebrew which requies a hacked vwii. It has nothing to do with this injector.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Two questions:
  1. If I create a "Wii U title" out of Wii's The Force Unleashed.iso with this, will it use the savegame that I have going in vWii already (by playing the game with USBLGX there)?
  2. If I inject those microphone games ("We Sing" but especially the community based SingItStar games), will it work with the mics out of the box without worrying about the used cIOS version (like it is the case in USBLGX)?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Two questions:
  1. If I create a "Wii U title" out of Wii's The Force Unleashed.iso with this, will it use the savegame that I have going in vWii already (by playing the game with USBLGX there)?
I can't answer question #2 but I can answer #1.

Custom Wii VC's uses the same saves in vWii as long as you inject the same region game.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two questions:

1. If I inject those microphone games ("We Sing" but especially the community based SingItStar games), will it work with the mics out of the box without worrying about the used cIOS version (like it is the case in USBLGX)?
injected Sing 4 - The Hits Edition
with logitech microphone
It works

Reactions: lordelan

sledgebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The only way to copy Wii discs is through Wii homebrew which requies a hacked vwii. It has nothing to do with this injector.

I think your info is outdated. I have been inquiring with another knowledgeable person. Cant post links yet but on YouTube its
by P3NCE Look for >>> Wii U 2019 Softmod Guide - Play Games from HDD <<<
But not the video the comments below... The video he created a guide to doing the old way by Hacking vWii
However below you can plainly see that it can all be done without even going into the vWii & Wii games can be launched directly
from the Wii U Main Screen as well as gamecube games. I am already doing Retroarch without vWii…

The Following Conversation seems to contradict your suggestion...

Me:
With a Tool Like "TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector Script" can I Yet again avoid hacking the vWill and still be able to Rip my Wii CD's & install them to USB and play them on the WiiU? Its just that modding the vWill seems to be more dangerous than what I have already done to my device. But I stll want to be able to RIP my Discs whether they be WiiU or just Wii Disc's.

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast you won't be able to rip your wii games on your wii u only wii u games anyways you still need vwii to rip wii games directly to usb ........WiiVC Injector is for when you already have your ripped games on your pc to do the inject and don't won't to use vwii <<<<<<<<<<<< Here!

Me:
When you said "WiiVC Injector is for when you already have your ripped games on your pc to do the inject and don't won't to use vwii" Are you referring to Wii U Only Titles or also Wii Titles?

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast Wii games and GameCube games only need to be injected ( injected means it’s converted to a format that it can be installed to the Wii U nand or usb) Wii U games get dumped to the install folder on the sd card when they get ripped

Me:
Ok so does that mean then that the Wii Games can be launched from the Wii U menu after that is done? Or with no vWii Hack... They appear & can be run from vWii Menu?

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast they appear in the Wii U menu with no vwii needed << & Here!

Me:
Sweet! So that would also mean I don't need two separate USB Drives anymore. And the USB drive can be formatted WiiU...

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast exactly now go mod your Wii U theirs a good tutorial on the whole inject thing just search here on YouTube

p.s.
Certain old models of PC DVD drives are able to rip game discs with RAWDUMP or FRiiDUMP

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your info is outdated. I have been inquiring with another knowledgeable person. Cant post links yet but on YouTube its
by P3NCE Look for >>> Wii U 2019 Softmod Guide - Play Games from HDD <<<
But not the video the comments below... The video he created a guide to doing the old way by Hacking vWii
However below you can plainly see that it can all be done without even going into the vWii & Wii games can be launched directly
from the Wii U Main Screen as well as gamecube games. I am already doing Retroarch without vWii…

The Following Conversation seems to contradict your suggestion...

Me:
With a Tool Like "TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector Script" can I Yet again avoid hacking the vWill and still be able to Rip my Wii CD's & install them to USB and play them on the WiiU? Its just that modding the vWill seems to be more dangerous than what I have already done to my device. But I stll want to be able to RIP my Discs whether they be WiiU or just Wii Disc's.

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast you won't be able to rip your wii games on your wii u only wii u games anyways you still need vwii to rip wii games directly to usb ........WiiVC Injector is for when you already have your ripped games on your pc to do the inject and don't won't to use vwii <<<<<<<<<<<< Here!

Me:
When you said "WiiVC Injector is for when you already have your ripped games on your pc to do the inject and don't won't to use vwii" Are you referring to Wii U Only Titles or also Wii Titles?

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast Wii games and GameCube games only need to be injected ( injected means it’s converted to a format that it can be installed to the Wii U nand or usb) Wii U games get dumped to the install folder on the sd card when they get ripped

Me:
Ok so does that mean then that the Wii Games can be launched from the Wii U menu after that is done? Or with no vWii Hack... They appear & can be run from vWii Menu?

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast they appear in the Wii U menu with no vwii needed << & Here!

Me:
Sweet! So that would also mean I don't need two separate USB Drives anymore. And the USB drive can be formatted WiiU...

Isai Mireles:
sledgebeast exactly now go mod your Wii U theirs a good tutorial on the whole inject thing just search here on YouTube

p.s.
Certain old models of PC DVD drives are able to rip game discs with RAWDUMP or FRiiDUMP

I think by you're post you're arguing something different than what I'm saying. I did not say you cannot play injects without the vWii hacked. I said you cannot rip your original Wii discs without a hacked Wii.Those are two different things.

If you can rip the Wii games off the PC however then yeah you can as long as you can get them into ISO or WBFS format which are the two formats the injector will accept. Normally Wii discs are ripped from the Wii U itself under vWii. But I mean if you have trouble with ripping them which I bet you will you could just download the Wii games off the internet and that would probably be a lot easier. For Wii ISOs google's your friend.

But I did not give you info that is outdated, you're describing having to use certain models of PC DVD Drives (which is probably a crapshoot if a person does or doesn't have one) to rip Wii games on the PC. Just know there's not always just one way of doing things you seem set on doing it your way by ripping the discs it's not necessary and I guarantee like 99% of people don't do it that way because it's very easy to find ISOs on the internet and then you don't have to have a certain DVD burner or even own the game (not condoning piracy but we don't have to pretend it doesn't exist), I mean if you were to read through this thread practically no one is talking about burning their Wii discs, but good luck if it works for you that's all that matters..

Last edited by JayMathis,
Reactions: xs4all

sledgebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea It would be crap shoot for most anyone. Except for someone who has been running a computer shop for almost 30 years and has a rack of various old pc cd/dvd drives from the present going all the way back to the 90's. Both Sata & IDE of almost every manufacturer.
:)

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But yet youre afraid to hack your vwii which is easy.

I mean what are waiting for you have it all figured out go for it you dont need us.

sledgebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not afraid. Just being cautious & Smart about it.
Besides If I can do virtually everything from the WiiU Interface Why would I risk bricking the vWii.
Its outdated & outmoted steps now!
Plus Old Wii games injected into the WiiU has two added benefits you don't get with the vWii….

1 Ripped wii games injected and ran from the Wiiu menu will also display on the Gamepad screen. something the hacked vWii apparently doesn't do.

2. I no longer need two USB Drives to contain my injected Wii & WiiU games.

I'm a fast learner, but moreover I read everything/everywhere I can before jumping the gun!
Most importantly I don't just do something because I can. Without evaluating all the pros & cons.
Used to the community hacked the vWill due to their experience hacking the Wii.
Especially at the time none of these things we like to do could be done on the WiiU without hacking
the vWii. But much time has passed since then and now that virtually everything can be done from the
WiiU screen like Retroarch & Injecting Wii titles into the WiiU screen I see no need to!

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes to work with this?

Yep I have it on my Wii U. You need Nintendont on your sd card and make sure you choose the second tab on the injector under gc injection to choose disc 2 after selecting the first disc on tab 1. Nintendont will automatically switch you to disc 2 when you get to that point in the game.

Reactions: tfocosta

bengalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,, I just got my brother's old WiiU and have decided to hack it.
I already have a hacked Wii with USBLoaderGX and 300+ games (98% of which I never use).

I'm looking for the easiest way to hack this for functionality/price/ease of use.
While I like the idea of always hacking every console and putting every imaginable game on it, the fact is I'm just a hoarder and I never end up playing most of the stuff anyway - so I don't want to go overboard.

It also seems that there are maybe only 25 WiiU games that are even worth playing from what I see talked about online. I would also like to have access to maybe 15-20 Wii games on my WiiU since it will be hooked up in a different room from my Wii.

It sounds like using this method is the best way to have both Wii and WiiU games on a single drive?

Do I want to just put everything on an SDcard? USB drive (flash/ssd)? What is the best pick for speed/size required?

Also, it seems there was some talk of this above...but I want to confirm:
If I use this method - then I don't need to ever go through the process of hacking the vWii, correct?
We like to play the microphone games on the Wii, so it was important to have the right cIOS to recognize that stuff.
But since you aren't hacking the vWii, then you aren't installing any cIOS, so it must just be using whatever is built in so games should just....work?

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So,, I just got my brother's old WiiU and have decided to hack it.
I already have a hacked Wii with USBLoaderGX and 300+ games (98% of which I never use).

I'm looking for the easiest way to hack this for functionality/price/ease of use.
While I like the idea of always hacking every console and putting every imaginable game on it, the fact is I'm just a hoarder and I never end up playing most of the stuff anyway - so I don't want to go overboard.

It also seems that there are maybe only 25 WiiU games that are even worth playing from what I see talked about online. I would also like to have access to maybe 15-20 Wii games on my WiiU since it will be hooked up in a different room from my Wii.

It sounds like using this method is the best way to have both Wii and WiiU games on a single drive?

Do I want to just put everything on an SDcard? USB drive (flash/ssd)? What is the best pick for speed/size required?

Also, it seems there was some talk of this above...but I want to confirm:
If I use this method - then I don't need to ever go through the process of hacking the vWii, correct?
We like to play the microphone games on the Wii, so it was important to have the right cIOS to recognize that stuff.
But since you aren't hacking the vWii, then you aren't installing any cIOS, so it must just be using whatever is built in so games should just....work?
Hello,

Follow this guide ==>https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

Install "haxchi simply", with an external hard drive formatted by Wii U and you can play with wii u games.
Then Gamecube and wii with "Teconmoon wiivc injector".

bengalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Follow this guide ==>https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

Install "haxchi simply", with an external hard drive formatted by Wii U and you can play with wii u games.
Then Gamecube and wii with "Teconmoon wiivc injector".

Yes - I've read through that...and understand the mere basics, but I am in this thread wanting to know more about the injector and how it operates/game compatibility vs using the vWii. Since you aren't installing homebrew/cIOS on the vWii with this method, I assume that it will play *all* region appropriate Wii games with out issue - including peripheral games (microphones, etc).

Also, on a side not I was interested if a USB drive is required or if you can install the WiiU/injected Wii games on the SDcard as well, or if you must have something plugged into the USB port. If you must use USB port, can you use a thumbdrive and/or is it worth using an SSD.?

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes - I've read through that...and understand the mere basics, but I am in this thread wanting to know more about the injector and how it operates/game compatibility vs using the vWii. Since you aren't installing homebrew/cIOS on the vWii with this method, I assume that it will play *all* region appropriate Wii games with out issue - including peripheral games (microphones, etc).

Also, on a side not I was interested if a USB drive is required or if you can install the WiiU/injected Wii games on the SDcard as well, or if you must have something plugged into the USB port. If you must use USB port, can you use a thumbdrive and/or is it worth using an SSD.?
I recommend you have an external hard drive with a Y cable (recommend) or AC power , it will work well.

the USB keys (to avoid), are very bad (often black screen or does not start and this kills in the future)

I think you can play your games with the associated peripherals.

Last edited by jeannotte,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.