Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe a new option could be "select all imported titles as installed"
also a download speed limiter would be very nice.

[edit]

I Manually added all the titles as installed, but now when
i start the program. It starts and the comes up with

"Wiiu helper doesnt work anymore" Close program.

found some sort of crash log, not sure if its helpfull

[edit] after a reboot it just works again, life can be so simple sometimes :)

Attachments

• Report.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by ppeterr,

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have an idea about Project Zero/Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water?
Installing the files seems to be no different from just downloading the demo from the eShop.

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you.
By the way your previous suggestions have been taken into consideration.

thats all up to you :) but the speed limit, i will try to explain.

When i download from NUS, nintendo always gives me full speed. Thats ofcourse a nice
thing. But it cloaks "is that a english word" :D ...it almost takes down the rest of the
internet in the house. That means angry kids hahaa :)

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats all up to you :) but the speed limit, i will try to explain.

When i download from NUS, nintendo always gives me full speed. Thats ofcourse a nice
thing. But it cloaks "is that a english word" :D ...it almost takes down the rest of the
internet in the house. That means angry kids hahaa :)
You can throttle using an app called NetBalancer or using your router QoS settings if you don't want to wait.
and since no one replied to my earlier post - how to download only using NUS title key?

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a great program - Thanks so much for creating it!

I don't know if this was already talked about, but I noticed that if I tag a file for download to the SD and it has an update and/or DLC, wupinstaller.y.mod.1.2.1 sometimes loads the update/dlc before the actual game (when I use the "+" button)
I'm thinking this is why I sometimes get the update message even though I copied the update and installed it already.

Is there a way to tell WiiU USB Helper to copy the files to the SD in the order they need to be loaded, or does this need to be changed in wupinstaller?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
This is a great program - Thanks so much for creating it!

I don't know if this was already talked about, but I noticed that if I tag a file for download to the SD and it has an update and/or DLC, wupinstaller.y.mod.1.2.1 sometimes loads the update/dlc before the actual game (when I use the "+" button)
I'm thinking this is why I sometimes get the update message even though I copied the update and installed it already.

Is there a way to tell WiiU USB Helper to copy the files to the SD in the order they need to be loaded, or does this need to be changed in wupinstaller?

Well I haven't checked the source code of wup installer so I can't say for sure how it determines the order. That said I remember installing an update before the game and it worked fine.

You can throttle using an app called NetBalancer or using your router QoS settings if you don't want to wait.
and since no one replied to my earlier post - how to download only using NUS title key?

No. The idea is for the app to have all the games available. So far it's limited to what's available on that title key site. If you have title keys which are not available on that site then please post them there. Also if a game available on that site does not show up in the app please let me know.

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I haven't checked the source code of wup installer so I can't say for sure how it determines the order. That said I remember installing an update before the game and it worked fine.

On some (most?) games, the update overwrites the existing files with updated versions - so when it installs the update first, the game overwrites the update.
Looking at what happens when I use WiiU USB Helper to copy a game like Smash Bros with its Update and DLC, it copies the update 1st, then the DLC then the game.

wupinstaller.y.mod.1.2.1 installs them in the same order as they are copied to the SD card.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
On some (most?) games, the update overwrites the existing files with updated versions - so when it installs the update first, the game overwrites the update.
Looking at what happens when I use WiiU USB Helper to copy a game like Smash Bros with its Update and DLC, it copies the update 1st, then the DLC then the game.

wupinstaller.y.mod.1.2.1 installs them in the same order as they are copied to the SD card.

Well then it's only a matter of reversing the copy order. I'll do that in the next update. Thanks for the input.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The idea is for the app to have all the games available. So far it's limited to what's available on that title key site. If you have title keys which are not available on that site then please post them there. Also if a game available on that site does not show up in the app please let me know.

@Hikari06
Okay, but I shouldn't have to use "that title key site" as a prerequisite to download these titles
which do NOT have a ticket as they do not have a disc version of their games.

You're saying the only way to grab them is to use that site..
even though "that site" ONLY has the title key and NOT the ticket available on it?
It seems like you're adding an extra step and pre-requisite when that site might not always be online.

Art Academy: Home Studio | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET. | [NUS ONLY; NO DISC AVAILABLE]
Disney Infinity | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET.
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET. | [NUS ONLY; NO DISC AVAILABLE]
Runbow Deluxe Edition | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET.
TANK! TANK! TANK! (DL) | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET. | [NUS VERSION]
Tumblestone | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET.

My question is:
Can I download these titles, using your program, using the title key, but without having the ticket available? - for use with the "LEGIT/Braz" method.

Last edited by datahoarder,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06
Okay, but I shouldn't have to use "that title key site" as a prerequisite to download these titles
which do NOT have a ticket as they do not have a disc version of their games.

You're saying the only way to grab them is to use that site..
even though "that site" ONLY has the title key and NOT the ticket available on it?
It seems like you're adding an extra step and pre-requisite when that site might not always be online.

Art Academy: Home Studio | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET. | [NUS ONLY; NO DISC AVAILABLE]
Disney Infinity | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET.
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET. | [NUS ONLY; NO DISC AVAILABLE]
Runbow Deluxe Edition | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET.
TANK! TANK! TANK! (DL) | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET. | [NUS VERSION]
Tumblestone | HAS A TITLE KEY ON "THAT SITE", BUT NO TICKET.

My question is:
Can I download these titles, using your program, using the title key, but without having the ticket available? - for use with the "LEGIT/Braz" method.

I believe you are confusing title keys and title ids. eShop-only games such as VC or even DLC do have tickets. They are not available on that title key site because these tikcets are tied to a specific system unlike disc ones which are universal. My application will generate tickets for these titles but in order to do so it requires the title key, which is a cryptographic key required for your wii u system to be able to decrypt and install a game. It is absolutely impossible to install a content without a title key, which is stored in the ticket, may it be forged ot legit. So relying on that site to get these title keys (which are copyrighted) is a required step.

TDTHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to know if you are going to add the option to choose the three regions at a time. thx

Last edited by TDTHD,

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you are confusing title keys and title ids. eShop-only games such as VC or even DLC do have tickets. They are not available on that title key site because these tikcets are tied to a specific system unlike disc ones which are universal. My application will generate tickets for these titles but in order to do so it requires the title key, which is a cryptographic key required for your wii u system to be able to decrypt and install a game. It is absolutely impossible to install a content without a title key, which is stored in the ticket, may it be forged ot legit. So relying on that site to get these title keys (which are copyrighted) is a required step.

@Hikari06
haha, this is frustrating to try and explain, but no, I am not confusing the title ID and title key or the tik.
Let me break it down a different way so maybe you'll have your "a-ha" moment -- or maybe I will, lolol.

Your program allows you to import an archive of games based on .tik files.
For which then it is able to download them. (Doesn't require "that website")
OR
Your program allows you to import games based on parsing "that" website.
(Requires the website to be available/online.)

Browse to "that" website and look at the following USA titles:

• Art Academy: Home Studio
  • Disney Infinity
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
  • Runbow Deluxe Edition
  • TANK! TANK! TANK! (DL)
  • Tumblestone

You will indeed see that those titles DO in fact have a "title key" available for them, however no associated .tik file.
However you are saying even without the .tik file, your program is able to download these using only the "title key."
Perfect! However, I shouldn't have to use that website just to download these six games.
(Unless this is incorrect and you are unable to generate a proper .tik file based on just the title ID & key.)

I want to bypass using that website to download these titles.
Without the ticket, I have no way of importing them into your program, but I DO have title ID and title keys for these games.
  • In your import window, you should allow some way to import games using their respected TITLE ID and TITLE KEY.
OR if your program truly does create a proper ticket based on just the TITLE ID and TITLE KEY:
  • Create a legit ticket generator that will allow me to retrieve/export JUST the ticket (based on proper ID/KEYs.)
Then I can add it to my archive that will allow me to import the games like all of the other ones.

Is this making sense now? If you do that, we can upload the ticket to the website also.

Last edited by datahoarder,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I would like to know if you are going to add the option to choose the three regions at a time. thx

For now I don't intend to add this feature because I'm afraid this would create too much confusion for unexperienced users, which are the main target of this application.

@Hikari06
haha, this is frustrating to try and explain, but no, I am not confusing the title ID and title key or the tik.
Let me break it down a different way so maybe you'll have your "a-ha" moment -- or maybe I will, lolol.

Your program allows you to import an archive of games based on .tik files.
For which then it is able to download them. (Doesn't require "that website")
OR
Your program allows you to import games based on parsing "that" website. Required the website be available.

Browse to "that" website and look at the following USA titles:

Art Academy: Home Studio
Disney Infinity
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
Runbow Deluxe Edition
TANK! TANK! TANK! (DL)
Tumblestone

You will indeed see that those titles DO in fact have a "title key" available for them, however no associated .tik file.
However you are saying even without the .tik file, your program is able to download these using only the "title key." Perfect!
(Unless this is incorrect and you are unable to generate a proper .tik file based on just the title ID & key.)

However, I want to bypass using that website to download these titles.
Without the ticket, I have no way of importing them into your program, but I DO have title ID and title keys for these games.
In your import window, you should allow some way to import games using their respected TITLE ID and TITLE KEY.
OR if your program truly does create a proper ticket based on just the TITLE ID and TITLE KEY:
Create a legit ticket generator that will allow me to retrieve the ticket.
Then I can add it to my archive that will allow me to import the games like all of the other ones.

Is this making sense now?

Alright I see what you mean now. I must admit I don't think using the archive as a way to download non legit titles is a good idea because the app actually relies on whether or not a ticket is available on that site to tell the user which games are rednand only or not. That said it is still doable though, I can indeed add a ticket generator but I still believe using this site or any clone of it is the easiest way. It's up to you to decide if you are willing to generate every ticket though.
Btw tickets generated by the app are not legit and will not install without sigpatch. There is no way to have legit tickets for your system for these specific titles.

Last edited by Hikari06,

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I see what you mean now. I must admit I don't think using the archive as a way to download non legit titles is a good idea because the app actually relies on whether or not a ticket is available on that site to tell the user which games are rednand only or not. That said it is still doable though, I can indeed add a ticket generator but I still believe using this site or any clone of it is the easiest way. It's up to you to decide if you are willing to generate every ticket though.
Btw tickets generated by the app are not legit and will not install without sigpatch. There is no way to have legit tickets for your system for these specific titles.

@Hikari06
If you can just have a way for me to input the title ID and legit title key and output the proper ticket.
That way I can fill those tickets in on the website.
Websites come and go, but I just don't like how I have to use that site for six games.
Thank you for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...