ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, so it is safe to use freeshop, good news for me then. But I haven't tried this sleep download yet, so how to sleep download? So I can prevent from doing it. Thank you.
To download with sleep mode, you click the waxing crescent moon icon. You'll know when you're about to do it.

Reactions: Khim09

bomboy2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
im trying to download but whenever i place my keys.bin and start the download it just get deleted and i get the msg that theres no key.bin

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
R.I.P Villian3DS. . . You will be missed. Wish the title key site wasn't taken down for good. . .
im trying to download but whenever i place my keys.bin and start the download it just get deleted and i get the msg that theres no key.bin
There is a mirror URL for that title key file, read here. Right now only first-party titles on eShop are using new verification mechanism, but soon we'll have to say goodbye to Villain3ds and freeShop and whatever CDN-abusing softwares (if there is no other workarounds).

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, we already know this was bound to happen since 11.8 dropped. Fortunately i managed to get everything i was interested as far games are concerned, i just need to pick a few missing patches and DLCs to keep as backup on my usb drive.

It was just for a short while but i enjoyed using Villain3DS. Thanks for your work!

bomboy2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
There is a mirror URL for that title key file, read here. Right now only first-party titles on eShop are using new verification mechanism, but soon we'll have to say goodbye to Villain3ds and freeShop and whatever CDN-abusing softwares (if there is no other workarounds).
this is the bin im useing
edit: tried useing the url as well, now nothing works even the most under-rated third party app in there

Last edited by bomboy2121,

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question: Inside my Villain3DS folder (Users/[name of the user]Villain3DS/) there's a folder called "raws", many other subfolders are there and the folder itself weights the same as the cias folder. Are these "raw" folders necessary for anything or can i delete them?

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question: Inside my Villain3DS folder (Users/[name of the user]Villain3DS/) there's a folder called "raws", many other subfolders are there and the folder itself weights the same as the cias folder. Are these "raw" folders necessary for anything or can i delete them?

You can delete them if you want. It's basically the game files before being converted to CIA.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Rayder21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol hope it's not too late for me . Gonna download CFw tomorrow when smea releases exploit. For now gotta pray tha freeshop ciangel and villan3ds stay up. Gonna download all the games I can tommorow.

JuanXHP

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I guess you can extract the seed from the installed software using FBI. Don't really know, or if this need CDN as well. I would like to be clarified about this.

If its for FS or Villan3DS, you its easier to just copy that URL from that mirror from that guide, it will automatically get the enctitlekeys file for you. And i guess Villain already decripts the games while converting to CIA files.

Hey! Since when you download the CIA files using Villain3DS, it says you need additional seed for 9.6.0+ titles, I would like to have these files for offline installing. For what I've read, FBI download the additional seeds from CDN and if that's get blocked later on, I won't have a place from where to get those seeds. So if I have these three files I mentioned, I could decrypt the CIA using GodMode9 in case I need.

My problem is that I can't install all the games right now because my new SD hasn't arrived yet >.< so I will have to do it like in a week

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, does anyone have a backup from these three files, encTitleKeys.bin, decTitleKeys.bin, and seeddb.bin? I would really appreciate if someone can send me a link to them please. Thanks!!

I already got the encTitleKeys.bin

You can create your decTitleKeys.bin from the encTitleKeys.bin using GodMode9.

Here's a one public source of seeddb.bin:
You may need other copies of seeddb.bin if that ones doesn't include your games.

The last available versions of those keys and seed files from that title site before shutting down, are found stashed at that iso site.

Happy hunting.

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can create your decTitleKeys.bin from the encTitleKeys.bin using GodMode9.

Here's a one public source of seeddb.bin:

Ok, so creating support files with GM9 on my 3DS will generate a seeddb.bin file with only the seeds found on my console, right?
After creating said file, i must substitute it for the public seeddb (which have the games i want) and paste it on its place?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so creating support files with GM9 on my 3DS will generate a seeddb.bin file with only the seeds found on my console, right?
After creating said file, i must substitute it for the public seeddb (which have the games i want) and paste it on its place?
That is correct. You create the keys and seeds if you intended to upload those to that title site for others to use CDN downloader, which is no longer the case.

You don't have to create them first. Just place them in the support folder and decrypt any games that uses a seed that you obtained through Villain3DS.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I only started using Villain3DS the day before the CDN changes lol.

Got pretty much everything as .3DS anyway, easy enough to convert. I'm just downloading all the updates using Villain3DS now, they are all still working

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I found a way to renew your encTitleKeys.bin if Villain3DS detects its creation date is older than 2 days, triggering an automatic delete even if you try manually replacing a fresh backed up copy.
  1. Open the encTitleKeys.bin in HxD Editor or any other hex editor.
  2. Save a new copy and replace your old one.
And that's it. Hope this helps in case some of you are frustrated in thinking Villain3DS doesn't work anymore without that title site.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I found a way to renew your encTitleKeys.bin if Villain3DS detects its creation date is older than 2 days, triggering an automatic delete even if you try manually replacing a fresh backed up copy.
And that's it. Hope this helps in case some of you are frustrated in thinking Villain3DS doesn't work anymore without that title site.

Cool, I guessed it was doing it based on the date. I just uploaded my latest version to one of my cloud storage providers and put the URL for that in :)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this workaround, so Villian3DS is just checking the encTitleKeys.bin creation date and automatically deleting it if its older than 2 days?
@tranxuanthang Could this behaviour be changed so that we can keep using our current encTitleKeys.bin without relying on that titlekeys website?

Kyusetzu

Does Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i am still on 11.7, opened freeshop and managed to download some games

gWLPsL5.jpg

Yeah, same here. But we basically risking our account with downloading games atm. So be careful.

Reactions: ShonenJump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1