Homebrew [Release] Video Channels Creator - Custom CIA videos for everyone!

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Some build environments seem to have compatibility issues with these utilities, which could explain why there are sporadic problems on certain people's machines but run fine on everyone else's. This is due to which development tools are installed (and what versions they are at), and doesn't seem to be the fault of the developer Rinnegatamante.

At least, that was the case with my machine where most homebrew utilities would fail to load assets or outright crash or fail at building. That was until I erased the entire system and restarted with a clean install of Windows 10 and all of the devkit utilities.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Since there are people asking me for problems they have with this in PM/eMail, just to be sure (i'll add this on first thread too):

You send me a PM asking info/fix/others about this homebrew = YOu'll be added in my ignore list instantly.
You send me a message on my GBAtemp profile about this homebrew = You'll be added in my ignore list instantly.
You send me an e-Mail, add me on Skype, try to contact me about this homebrew = You'll be ignored and if i find your user on this forum, you'll be added in my ignore list instantly.

Don't lowball me, you wanted to just throw shit for months on me? Now your problems are your problems, not mine.

You wanted to be dickheads all this time without giving a fuck how much effort someone should give in HIS FREE TIME to do such stuffs so now you'll get what you earned.
I stopped being smart with such dickheads.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since there are people asking me for problems they have with this in PM/eMail, just to be sure (i'll add this on first thread too):

You send me a PM asking info/fix/others about this homebrew = YOu'll be added in my ignore list instantly.
You send me a message on my GBAtemp profile about this homebrew = You'll be added in my ignore list instantly.
You send me an e-Mail, add me on Skype, try to contact me about this homebrew = You'll be ignored and if i find your user on this forum, you'll be added in my ignore list instantly.

Don't lowball me, you wanted to just trhough shit for months on me? Now your problems are your problems, not mine.

Well, feels bad to know people have done this to this very nice project.

I respect both your app and your decision and wait that u may keep this one day.

Wish the best for your projects =)

Reactions: NekoMichi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Don't lowball me, you wanted to just throw shit for months on me? Now your problems are your problems, not mine.

You wanted to be dickheads all this time without giving a fuck how much effort someone should give in HIS FREE TIME to do such stuffs so now you'll get what you earned.
I stopped being smart with such dickheads.
It's unfortunate that things have come to this, but sadly sometimes people can be impatient or unreasonable and not realise how difficult it is for others to dedicate free time to projects like this. Thank you for your work, and best of luck with future projects. :)

Note:
I wasn't sure if you wanted the dual-screened mod of this but given that it's a bit unstable compared to the official release, I'm worried it'll just cause more trouble. Let me know if you want the files anyway and I'll PM them.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands

I understand you're angry, but this is just unreasonable.

A few notes to those with issues:
  • This tool is nothing more than a few utilities and a bat script. The bat script interacts with these utilities in various ways.
  • The utilities are: makerom, ffmpeg, a jpgv encoder, ctrtool, bannertool, hex_set (which is made by @Rinnegatamante and hex edits the unique id in cia_workaround.rsf). And just to give out an important message here: Most issues people are having are with makerom.
  • Makerom, ffmpeg, ctrtool and bannertool all have official support locations. Most of these are on GBATemp, with the exception of ffmpeg which has support here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/.
  • To those with packaging issues (NCH errors): That is the fault of makerom and not VCC. Don't complain to @Rinnegatamante about this, complain to the makerom guy for those issues. Complaining to @Rinnegatamante won't work anymore and will only cause you to be ignored as per his message above.
  • Lastly, you only should report issues only once! Coding is not easy (believe me I know) and having someone bugger you down every few hours can easily push someone over the limit.

I've bolded the most important parts for those needing a tl;dr.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand you're angry, but this is just unreasonable.

A few notes to those with issues:
  • This tool is nothing more than a few utilities and a bat script. The bat script interacts with these utilities in various ways.
  • The utilities are: makerom, ffmpeg, a jpgv encoder, ctrtool, bannertool, hex_set (which is made by @Rinnegatamante and hex edits the unique id in cia_workaround.rsf). And just to give out an important message here: Most issues people are having are with makerom.
  • Makerom, ffmpeg, ctrtool and bannertool all have official support locations. Most of these are on GBATemp, with the exception of ffmpeg which has support here: http://www.ffmpeg.org/.
  • To those with packaging issues (NCH errors): That is the fault of makerom and not VCC. Don't complain to @Rinnegatamante about this, complain to the makerom guy for those issues. Complaining to @Rinnegatamante won't work anymore and will only cause you to be ignored as per his message above.
  • Lastly, you only should report issues only once! Coding is not easy (believe me I know) and having someone bugger you down every few hours can easily push someone over the limit.

I've bolded the most important parts for those needing a tl;dr.
I never truly complained, just asked about possible workaround for makerom. I've probably been ignored, and really find it immature for him to just throw my username under the bus, as if my question alone was so offensive that it deserved to be grouped with ignorance. I am respectful when respect is earned, and he had mine until these recent rants.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never truly complained, just asked about possible workaround for makerom. I've probably been ignored, and really find it immature for him to just throw my username under the bus, as if my question alone was so offensive that it deserved to be grouped with ignorance. I am respectful when respect is earned, and he had mine until these recent rants.
Your issue reminded me of something I promised to do earlier: Output all files created by VCC to a different folder so you could build them yourself. I edited the bat script to copy over lpp-3ds.elf, cia_workaround.rsf, icon.bin, banner.bin, romfs.bin and video.jpgv. That should give you the files to compile it yourself using whatever tool you have.

I attached the modified bat script. Just put it in the folder of VCC and create a folder called "manualbuild". Then run the bat file (you need to remove the txt extension. GBATemp doesn't allow me to upload bat files. It will ask you the questions as usual, but instead of running makerom, it copies over all of the created files (with the exception of the individual jpgv frames) to the manualbuild folder.

EDIT:Nevermind, it was just me and my internet connection. Am moving it to 1.1 now.

EDIT: I took a look at 1.1 and the file just works without any modifications. So just download it and use it!

Attachments

• build_raw.bat.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your issue reminded me of something I promised to do earlier: Output all files created by VCC to a different folder so you could build them yourself. I edited the bat script to copy over lpp-3ds.elf, cia_workaround.rsf, icon.bin, banner.bin, romfs.bin and video.jpgv. That should give you the files to compile it yourself using whatever tool you have.

I attached the modified bat script. Just put it in the folder of VCC and create a folder called "manualbuild". Then run the bat file (you need to remove the txt extension. GBATemp doesn't allow me to upload bat files. It will ask you the questions as usual, but instead of running makerom, it copies over all of the created files (with the exception of the individual jpgv frames) to the manualbuild folder.

EDIT:Nevermind, it was just me and my internet connection. Am moving it to 1.1 now.

EDIT: I took a look at 1.1 and the file just works without any modifications. So just download it and use it!
Thank you sir....I still get the NCHH memory error with 1.1 bro, and tried every suggestion here.
I will just deal with it, and stop trying to get this to work, since questions just get met with anger here from the OP.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note:
I wasn't sure if you wanted the dual-screened mod of this but given that it's a bit unstable compared to the official release, I'm worried it'll just cause more trouble. Let me know if you want the files anyway and I'll PM them.
I would like this mod as well. If it's okay, I suggest a new thread dedicated to the dual-screen mod.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I keep getting an error when i open it, any fixes?
Nope. Rinnegatamante abandoned this project and has taken a rather aggressive stance to anyone stilll interested in it. Also they have left GBATemp forever aside from releasing stuff due to the fact that Homebrew & Development is starting to turn into the General Help with Homebrew forum.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
surprised its taken this long to make a local media player for 3DS/new3DS.
DS/DSi has quite a few of them that are decent. lol if only i knew more about that kinda stuff. >.>

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
v.1.2 released with a couple of optimized features and new things:

Code:
- Replaced hex_set tool with a powershell script (Thanks to Ghabry).
- Added Error Handling during conversion process. Now conversion will be stopped if an error occurs.
- Now if an error occurs after JPGV encoding, JPGV file will be saved and will be possible to use it for the next conversion without re-encoding it through build_jpgv.bat.
- Added possibility to use pre-builded jpgv video files for the conversion task through build_jpgv.bat.
- Added possibility to watch JPGV videos with watch.bat file if an error occurs after JPGV encoding.
- Added native support to video files format different than mp4 and with different names.
- Now it's possible to select different video qualities before encoding phase.
- Added possibility to optimize jpeg frames to reduce output filesize (BETA).

Download: http://rinnegatamante.it

Disclaimer: I don't read posts on this forum anymore and i don't give support for my homebrews or other stuffs here. If you need help, contact me on Twitter, on my forum or on Wololo's talk.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
- Added Error Handling during conversion process. Now conversion will be stopped if an error occurs.
- Now if an error occurs after JPGV encoding, JPGV file will be saved and will be possible to use it for the next conversion without re-encoding it through build_jpgv.bat.
- Added possibility to use pre-builded jpgv video files for the conversion task through build_jpgv.bat.
- Added possibility to watch JPGV videos with watch.bat file if an error occurs after JPGV encoding.
Useful addition, considering the JPGV part takes the longest to create, and if it fails, at least you won't have to do that again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 's birth: