Homebrew [Release] Video Channels Creator - Custom CIA videos for everyone!

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well time to wait till an O3DS is supported nicely in terms of framerate since I is poor and have a 2DS

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well time to wait till an O3DS is supported nicely in terms of framerate since I is poor and have a 2DS
That is a limitation of lpp-3ds, not VCC. (this program, like all of Rinnegatamantes uses lpp-3ds, hence the odd JPGV format). However in experience, 24 FPS (the rate at which most movies and anime are recorded) runs fine with minimal desync. The o3DS (and by proxy, the 2DS, considering its just the o3DS without the 3D part) just doesn't have enough processor power to handle the video without desync.

Note that 20 FPS (although you will lose some frames), works the best on O3DS and 30 FPS is the best for N3DS as a rule of thumb.

Reactions: Boured

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a limitation of lpp-3ds, not VCC. (this program, like all of Rinnegatamantes uses lpp-3ds, hence the odd JPGV format). However in experience, 24 FPS (the rate at which most movies and anime are recorded) runs fine with minimal desync. The o3DS (and by proxy, the 2DS, considering its just the o3DS without the 3D part) just doesn't have enough processor power to handle the video without desync.

Note that 20 FPS (although you will lose some frames), works the best on O3DS and 30 FPS is the best for N3DS as a rule of thumb.
Alright then ^^

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Code:
- Replaced hex_set tool with a powershell script (Thanks to Ghabry).
- Added Error Handling during conversion process. Now conversion will be stopped if an error occurs.
- Now if an error occurs after JPGV encoding, JPGV file will be saved and will be possible to use it for the next conversion without re-encoding it through build_jpgv.bat.
- Added possibility to use pre-builded jpgv video files for the conversion task through build_jpgv.bat.
- Added possibility to watch JPGV videos with watch.bat file if an error occurs after JPGV encoding.
- Added native support to video files format different than mp4 and with different names.
- Now it's possible to select different video qualities before encoding phase.
- Added possibility to optimize jpeg frames to reduce output filesize (BETA).

Very good !!! Will for sure test this new qualitys which I believe will be perfect for me.

I use it just fine on O3DS. Variable frame rates, depending on what i'm seeing, normally 24-25fps

Last edited by gkoelho,

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ayyy, trolling like a baws with this tool :tpi:

v3ZUY0w.png

Reactions: Ricken

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was updated? Awesome, I was having trouble getting 1.1 to properly make the .cia file, hopefully 1.2 works better for me, won't know until tonight as I'm at work now.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I finally run my .cia (packs perfectly, installs just fine), I immediately get a black screen informing me to power off my 3DS, something isn't working for some reason, and I'm not sure why.

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the same UniqueID? Each cia can only have one UniqueID. Use a different one and regen the CIA.

I gave them their own unique IDs, after it disappeared I looked in Data Management in System settings, and the first one was grayed out,and had an X on it.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it working.

Last edited by TheLegendofMario,

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Rinnegatamante , do you think you could make it so that the contents of the temp folder inside the stuffs folder, could be deleted, so the converter could be used again almost immediately after the last conversion?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey @Rinnegatamante , do you think you could make it so that the contents of the temp folder inside the stuffs folder, could be deleted, so the converter could be used again almost immediately after the last conversion?
A. Rinnegatamante doesn't look at this forum anymore, so you are better of asking on his forum or his Twitter.

B. VCC is a simple batch script. You can easily do it yourself if you know how CMD works.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A. Rinnegatamante doesn't look at this forum anymore, so you are better of asking on his forum or his Twitter.

Rinnegatamante has been "leaving" this forum for months, and seems to pop in at random to shitpost, so that's not entirely accurate...

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rinnegatamante has been "leaving" this forum for months, and seems to pop in at random to shitpost, so that's not entirely accurate...
He uses GBATemp solely to bash users and post his releases and is toxic to anyone who doesn't share his opinion. Not to provide support to his Homebrew.

Reactions: izy and CeeDee

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I did was this, here's the original ending of the .Bat,
Code:
@cd ..
@echo Deleting temp files...
@del /q ".\tmp\*.*"
@del .\romfs\video.jpgv
@echo Video converted successfully!
@set /p dummy= "Press ENTER to exit"
here's the modified ending
Code:
@cd ..
@echo Deleting temp files...
@del /q ".\tmp\*.*"
@echo It's Dangerous To Go Alone, Take This!
@del /q ".\stuffs\temp\*.*"
@del .\romfs\video.jpgv
@echo Video converted successfully!
@set /p dummy= "Press ENTER to exit"

Last edited by TheLegendofMario,
Reactions: Ev1l0rd

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to change the title that displays for the video for streetpass? It's clear in the menu what I'm playing thanks to the banner and icon, but streetpuss labels it as jpgv player or something like that. I'd like it to actually be titled the video/movie name that it is.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any way to change the title that displays for the video for streetpass? It's clear in the menu what I'm playing thanks to the banner and icon, but streetpuss labels it as jpgv player or something like that. I'd like it to actually be titled the video/movie name that it is.
Edit build.bat. More specifically line 17:

Code:
@bannertool makesmdh -s "JPGV Player" -l "JPGV Player" -p "Rinnegatamante" -i ../files/icon.png -o ../tmp/icon.bin

Simply edit the JPGV Player lines to whatever you want it to be titled. For example:

Code:
@bannertool makesmdh -s "YOUTUBE Viddy" -l "YOUTUBE Viddy" -p "Rinnegatamante" -i ../files/icon.png -o ../tmp/icon.bin

Reactions: duffmmann

TheLegendofMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit build.bat. More specifically line 17:

Code:
@bannertool makesmdh -s "JPGV Player" -l "JPGV Player" -p "Rinnegatamante" -i ../files/icon.png -o ../tmp/icon.bin

Simply edit the JPGV Player lines to whatever you want it to be titled. For example:

Code:
@bannertool makesmdh -s "YOUTUBE Viddy" -l "YOUTUBE Viddy" -p "Rinnegatamante" -i ../files/icon.png -o ../tmp/icon.bin

How hard do you think it would be to make it so that it asks you what you want the name to be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1