1. SmashinGit

SmashinGit Member
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    Just wanted to say a big thank you again for all your hard work Badda. Truly a fantastic emulator!

Badda likes this.
  2. fridayshoes

fridayshoes Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi, how do load other C64 games that are not in the Gamebase64 list? And where is the recommended place to put the images on the 3DS's SD card?

Thanks in advance, I searched through the thread but couldn't find any clear guidance on this.

3. Thingley

Thingley Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have a lot of .d64 files in a directory that's just called c64 that's in the root of the SD card. To launch a game use the launch icon on the top left of the touchscreen ( looks like a rocket!) and browse your way to the file you want to start.

fridayshoes likes this.
  4. fridayshoes

fridayshoes Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks, I will give that a try

5. ital

ital GBAtemp Maniac

Never played anything on this platform before, what titles hold up for first timers with no rose tinted specs?

6. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan GBAtemp Fan

Algeria
    Honestly, a huge part of C-64 appeal is nostalgia and also appreciation for a nascent art form still finding its footing. Many (most) games really struggle both technically and from a design perspective compared to modern day equivalents. Personally, I think Montezumas Revenge holds up as a platformer with surprisingly tight (but punishing) controls. I think Ghostbusters has a great atmosphere and a good game design but it becomes repetitive and the difficulty curve is pretty flat.

ital likes this.
  7. ital

ital GBAtemp Maniac

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the case. The excellent VVVVVVV is heavily influenced by that era and its amazing so was wondering if there was anything that came close to it.

8. SmashinGit

SmashinGit Member
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    I would give Impossible Mission, IK+, Sam's Journey, Dropzone, LUFTRAUSERZ! and Lightforce a try. They all have excellent gameplay, fantastic graphics and sound. They are also 100% playable on this emulator, as most games are.

Last edited by SmashinGit, Oct 29, 2020
    ital likes this.
  9. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you're into classic RPGs, The Bard's Tale, is good, and the entire Ultima series is excellent for its time! In fact, there are hidden commands and such, even, so you'll likely not be able to complete any of them without following a guide or something. They're full of brain-busters. (the Ultima games)...

ital likes this.
  10. ital

ital GBAtemp Maniac

Thanks for the suggestions, the music on the C64 was something else. Chiptunes FTW!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Emulator), Vice3DS