1. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Algeria
    I’ve noticed this as well. I think it has to do with PAL vs NTSC copies of games and the different frame rates for each. I don’t have a solution though. For some reason, if I run NTSC versions the game play becomes extremely janky after a few minutes.

2. Matthew2

Matthew2 Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Interesting, I forgot to mention I tried that before.
    just now I did switch the system mode to NTSC of the emulator and launched it again but I did get graphic glitches so not sure it was that and its still jerky most of the time unfortunately. Sometimes its smooth, maybe the game has compatibility issues. (BTW this is with a New 3DS)

Just an update, when its in NTSC mode with the glitches and I attempt to exit vice3DS via the menu - I get a hard crash (Arm 11 (core 0) - data abort, Fault Status - 'translation section' - current process - vice3DS. Access type - read.
    Might help in resolving?

Last edited by Matthew2, May 11, 2020
  3. Badda

OP Badda Nu Member

Tokelau
    New version 2.3 is out! Lots of small enhancements, bugfixes - and a bit of performance increase. Gamebase64 launcher works now on O3DS, too!
    Changes towards v2.2 are:
    • enhancement: gamebase64 launcher now works on O3DS with reduced database size (and lots of other memory optimizations)
    • enhancement: auto switch to (hopefully) correct joyport/control scheme when starting a game in gamebase64 launcher
    • enhancement: new joystick handling (only 1 joystick, plugable in p1/p2 and switchable between dpad/cpad, B-button = joy up, R-button = autofire)
    • enhancement: auto-switching PAL/NTSC / TDE / Control scheme in gb64 launcher can now be turned off
    • enhancement: soft button positions are now saved in snapshot files when saving configuration
    • enhancement: volume can now be increased to 200%. This will make some games more audible but will most probably result in sound distortions for most games.
    • enhancement: VICE menu cleanup & restructure
    • enhancement: all downloads are a lot faster
    • enhancement: if no fliplist is active, the currently attached image directory or current directory is automatically a fliplist
    • enhancement: cracker group info in gb64 database/screen
    • enhancement: list of "popular" games extended in gamebase64 launcher
    • enhancement: issue UI warnings if true drive emulation is disabled but a program needs it
    • optimization: START button now starts gb64 launcher, moved rs/restore soft button back to top, included "enable mouse" in soft buttons again
    • optimization: removed lots of unused or unnecessary vice code
    • optimization: remove cartridge before autostarting an image if not default cartridge
    • optimization: true drive emulation enabled by default but autostart initially loads without TDE
    • optimization: autostart will not require selecting a file within the image anymore, new menu entry "autostart file in image"
    • optimization: numbers in download/installation progress now better readable
    • optimization: Option to turn off database update prompts in gamebase64 launcher
    • optimization: directory structure for downloaded games now resembles gb64 structure
    • optimization: make statusbar wider & remove keyboard status bar (who needs this anyways?)
    • optimization: Default drive idle method is "None" for N3DS and "Skip cycles" for O3DS
    • optimization: game files are directly downloaded with ftp from 8bitfiles.net, not over http proxy anymore (needs a custom build version of libcurl, fincs does not want to fix it in devkitARM https://github.com/devkitPro/pacman-packages/issues/130 )
    • bugfix: no more freeze/crash when switching from/to fullscreen multiple times
    • bugfix: last selected file was not always identified correctly in file dialog
    • bugfix: no more crash when restoring default settings on NTSC machine
    • lots of other bugfixes and small enhancements
    https://github.com/badda71/vice3ds/releases

Big THANK YOU to @Elwyndas for the great testing and for sending me the old O3DS so I could get the gamebase64 launcher working there, too ...
    Have fun! :yay3ds:

Last edited by Badda, May 15, 2020
    CrashMidnick, Muxi, grimson and 6 others like this.
  4. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Algeria
    @Badda This is amazing! This is the most significant update to your emulator in a long time. It seems you solved the long running framerate/performance issue too! Thank you so much!

Badda likes this.
  5. Elwyndas

Elwyndas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It feels like this being a final release, even though I'm certain that there will be a Ver 3.
    I encourage everyone to please report hickups, bugs, crashes, performance issues. Even if it seems insignificant.
    I personally noticed that True Drive Emulation can lead to performance drops even on the N3DS, running demanding demos like Comaland. This shouldn't be.

Kane1685 likes this.
  6. CrashMidnick

CrashMidnick GBAtemp Regular

France
    Thank you so much for this !!! Commodore rulez :)

7. sCRAM^LGC

sCRAM^LGC Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Please, wich version is best for Old3ds,need it for prophet64,so much. Thank you!

Отправлено с моего A0001 через Tapatalk

8. Kane1685

Kane1685 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    The .CIA file is probably the best. If you are using a flashcart then get the .3DS file.

9. sCRAM^LGC

sCRAM^LGC Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Update:

Found a correct settings (using 3d slide also) and got 100% + 50fps on Old3DS.
    I am happy now!

P.S. without 3d slide sound was always cracked,glitches.

Big respects to the author!

10. Elwyndas

Elwyndas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, could you please lay out in detail what you did? The author is reading this.

11. sCRAM^LGC

sCRAM^LGC Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Slightly moving 3d switch on old3ds (must switched in menu!) let me run games,progs with good sound (98000khz) output, with frameskip from auto to 2 frames.
    Batman the movie is playable, R-type playable, Prophet64 (msiah) worked also.

The emulator could be optimized more, maybe switching to version 3.x.

Also today I've running UAE4All at good speed on old3ds too,but it is off topic.

12. Caronteone

Caronteone Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thank you so much, 3ds is the perfet target for vice. I DO love it!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Great, thank you very much, The best app I have on my 3ds <3

Elwyndas and Badda like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Emulator), Vice3DS