ChaosX1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the USA Rom
Currently downloading
is it possible to make this method work on the new 0409 template from the site?

I would like to know this as well seeing as I'm getting a error when i try to load the rom into the tool saying "Unhandled exception has occurred in you application"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Read the thread.
  • Move KTR-P-XXXX entries lower on the list so that the first is a CTR-P- entry
  • Remove the first two empty lines of the file
The error is corrected in 1.4.2, but that version is not ready for a public release yet. I've been a bit busy and I still have to work some kinks out.

ChaosX1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the thread.
  • Move KTR-P-XXXX entries lower on the list so that the first is a CTR-P- entry
  • Remove the first two empty lines of the file
The error is corrected in 1.4.2, but that version is not ready for a public release yet. I've been a bit busy and I still have to work some kinks out.
I don't get a error when I load the template but when I try to load Xenoblade into the tool it gives me that error.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dont get a error whenI load the template but when i try to load Xenoblade into the tool.
Is the US release of Xenoblade in the template? If it isn't, you'll run into an unhandled exception because I was lazy. :P If the game was just released and Sky hasn't updated their template it just won't work. ;)

EDIT: By the way, this is something that always bothered me - why are people editing templates for games with no Nintendo Network functionality? I'm pretty sure Xenoblade is played entirely offline, why wouldn't you use the stock template? You don't need a valid online identifier if you'll never connect to online services - it's busy work. :P

ChaosX1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the US release of Xenoblade in the template? If it isn't, you'll run into an unhandled exception because I was lazy. :P If the game was just released and Sky hasn't updated their template it just won't work. ;)

EDIT: By the way, this is something that always bothered me - why are people editing templates for games with no Nintendo Network functionality? I'm pretty sure Xenoblade is played entirely offline, why wouldn't you use the stock template? You don't need a valid online identifier if you'll never connect to online services - it's busy work. :P

Its cause SKY hasn't updated the template yet lol I want to play it now lol.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Update: Version 1.4.2 Quick Fix is now LIVE!

Changelog:
  • Searches are now performed on the basis of SHA1 values rather than product codes (necessary for making templates for cart revisions)
  • EEPROM and Cart ID fields are now free-form, you can type in any Byte value you want in addition to the drop-downs
  • Drop-down options of "0x80" and "0x88" added for new game compatibility
  • KTR (New 3DS) compatibility added
  • Template Magic Check fixed, no need to move entries around or delete empty lines - it works out of the box!
  • Volatile exception when entries were not found in the Base Template is now handled
It's still not cleaned up properly so treat this release as "half-stable", I'm currently pretty busy. If you run into any issues, be sure to report!

:arrow: Download Sky Army Knife v.1.4.2 Quick Fix

EDIT: Release temporarily pulled due to a stupid error on my part, will fix now.
EDIT2: Fixed. I need more sleep, people. :rofl2:

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUG FOUND?

I'm not sure if it's been talked about. its not that big of an issue for me only happened with MHU4 (U) cart DUMP. and it was a simple fix just had to copy and paste since program didnt grab all the code.

when putting MHU4 (U) cart dump through SAK everything goes fine up until you try to auto detect the UNKNOWN ID.

it grabs every thing except for the last value
ex.
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 XX - ( XX isnt detected when you click auto detect so it wont generate the template since its missing the last value. )

to fix i simply had to:
hit auto detect find that same line of code in the sky3ds template and just copy and paste all 16 values in the unknown id slot and then click generate template.

again sorry if its been talked about i just spotted this and I also just tried your recent update and its still there.

keep up the great work Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
BUG FOUND?

I'm not sure if it's been talked about. its not that big of an issue for me only happened with MHU4 (U) cart DUMP. and it was a simple fix just had to copy and paste since program didnt grab all the code.

when putting MHU4 (U) cart dump through SAK everything goes fine up until you try to auto detect the UNKNOWN ID.

ex.
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 XX - ( XX isnt detected when you click auto detect so it wont generate the template since its missing the last value. )

to fix i simply had to:
hit auto detect find that same line of code in the sky3ds template and just copy and paste all 16 values in the unknown id slot and then click generate template.

again sorry if its been talked about i just spotted this and I also just tried your recent update and its still there.

This problem never occurs on my system, I really don't know what's causing it for you. I looked through the code several times and it shouldn't be happening, which makes me wonder if your .Net installation is okay. Are you (perhaps) running the app on an x86_32 computer?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm running Windows 7 X64
Bizarre. I can guarantee that there's nothing in the code that could possibly cause this - the generator copies an exact amount of characters from an exact address in the template. Since it's recurring though, I'll change things around in 1.5 to copy a specific line instead, white signs or not, and then trim it to size. For now I'd suggest re-installing your .Net Framework because I'm almost sure there's something wrong with it. So far I've encountered 2 users with this error and there's at least 600-odd out there using SAK according to the download counter at FileTrip, external sites aside, so I'd say it's an isolated issue affecting a low number of users.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
BUG FOUND?

ex.

to fix i simply had to:

Yeah i get this sometimes as well with some games, so yeah i just do the same and manually copy/paste the unknown ID rather than auto select.

Doesn't seem to be any specific games that I've noticed, just randomly doesn't pick up the last 2 digits from the template for some.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'll do my best to address this in the next release, right now I'm working on implementing some more features, for instance a ROM trimmer and a CARD-1 to CARD-2 converter, they're higher on the priority list. ;)
Yeah i get this sometimes as well with some games, so yeah i just do the same and manually copy/paste the unknown ID rather than auto select.

Doesn't seem to be any specific games that I've noticed, just randomly doesn't pick up the last 2 digits from the template for some.
Stuff like this wouldn't happen if only Sky Team didn't publish shitty templates with constantly changing numbers of newlines and sometimes even templates with incorrect length. If you pay close attention, some of their templates don't even have a Unique ID in them, they're 16 bytes short for whatever reason. This can throw SAK off because unlike Sky Team, it expects a very specific kind of input, AKA a valid one. I'm honestly beginning to think about getting rid of template shenanigans and implement a tool to dump template values into an internal database just to avoid program-crippling errors like this.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try re-installing .NET framework and see if that changes anything it probably does have to be a problem with my laptop if its only a select few that experience this. I just threw this out here wondering if I was the only user of SAK that this happened to but its so easy to just copy and paste the code line shown below in the original template so no worries.

and I cant wait for the future release to see what you decide to add to SAK already its one of my most used 3ds pc based apps.

:grog:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'll try re-installing .NET framework and see if that changes anything it probably does have to be a problem with my laptop if its only a select few that experience this. I just threw this out here wondering if I was the only user of SAK that this happened to but its so easy to just copy and paste the code line shown below in the original template so no worries.

and I cant wait for the future release to see what you decide to add to SAK already its one of my most used 3ds pc based apps.

:grog:
SAK will actually change quite dramatically into something much bigger that I'm working on behind the scenes, but I can't quite tell you when due to a rather tight schedule. ;) Let's just say that things will get much, much better if all goes well. ;)

D

Deleted-19228

Seems to be a bug if you have a file named .3ds and try to open it the information is wrong, you *HAVE* to rename to 3dz for correct information to show up.

To clarify this was under "Infos Extractor" tab

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e