Hacking [RELEASE] UWUVCI + Injectiine

skykorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The injector gives me the following error when i try to make a mario 64 ds inject:

ejwl7UJ.png

How do I get rid of it? Thanks.

LongJumpingPitch8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've found this is from the graphics. I had the same issue today, so I selected the ROM and left every other field blank, and the injection worked fine.

All my graphics are the right resolution and in PNG format - not sure why it accepts the PNG format if it causes it to crash! I'll have to experiment with converting them to TGA.

Thanks for the nice app Nico, any ideas on why PNG are causing crashes for us?
I found the solution to the crash.

I tried to save the pics as .TGA . 24-bit for the TV and GamePad screens and 32-bit for the icon. It worked flawlessly.

Reactions: Zense

brutaka3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I apparently do all the process correctly while injecting a NDS rom, but at the end the injected rom never appears. It simply says that I did everything succesfully, but the directory where the rom is supposed to be is empty.

northnorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apparently do all the process correctly while injecting a NDS rom, but at the end the injected rom never appears. It simply says that I did everything succesfully, but the directory where the rom is supposed to be is empty.

Having the same issue.

Edit: Figured it out. Had a : in my game name. Took that out and it worked fine!

Last edited by northnorth,

monstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this application so much and have had no troubles getting my NDS injects to run. Thank you NicoAICP for working hard on it.

But now I'm having a tough time getting the bootimages working in UWUVCI, in that I can't. I've tried almost everything you could think of. All of the advice in various places online. It's the only hurdle left.

Here's what I've got:
-UWUVCI 1.3 from this thread. (just a heads up, the bottom right of the app window states that it is version 1.2. I'm assuming that was just something that got missed in the update since I definitely am using the latest version on your github that's linked in this post. I could be wrong though?)
-I'm only changing bootTvTex.tga. bootDrcTex.tga, and iconTex.tga.
-I've used the bootimage section of the app using almost every combination of 24 or 32 bit tga files that I've created.
-I've tried manually inserting the files into the base game directory and then just using UWUVCI to inject without altering them via the app.
-Whenever I install a finished inject to my usb drive that has had the boot images altered it's the typical unusable entry listed as ??? with a ? for the icon.
-If I take the unpacked loadiine version and look at it in loadiine it displays and boots perfectly.
-I created the images by using the originals as a template for the resolution using GIMP. I exported my custom .tga files while not changing their format. I read here and elsewhere that you then need to convert the bootTvTex and bootDrcTex files to 24 bit and the iconTex file to 32 bit. I tried different image converters to achieve this but no luck in the end.

Can anyone save me? Even just describing their process. Applications they've used? Anything. I'm dyin' over here. It's probably been 6+ hours with no end in site.

I love that this thing still gets some love, though.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love this application so much and have had no troubles getting my NDS injects to run. Thank you NicoAICP for working hard on it.

But now I'm having a tough time getting the bootimages working in UWUVCI, in that I can't. I've tried almost everything you could think of. All of the advice in various places online. It's the only hurdle left.

Here's what I've got:
-UWUVCI 1.3 from this thread. (just a heads up, the bottom right of the app window states that it is version 1.2. I'm assuming that was just something that got missed in the update since I definitely am using the latest version on your github that's linked in this post. I could be wrong though?)
-I'm only changing bootTvTex.tga. bootDrcTex.tga, and iconTex.tga.
-I've used the bootimage section of the app using almost every combination of 24 or 32 bit tga files that I've created.
-I've tried manually inserting the files into the base game directory and then just using UWUVCI to inject without altering them via the app.
-Whenever I install a finished inject to my usb drive that has had the boot images altered it's the typical unusable entry listed as ??? with a ? for the icon.
-If I take the unpacked loadiine version and look at it in loadiine it displays and boots perfectly.
-I created the images by using the originals as a template for the resolution using GIMP. I exported my custom .tga files while not changing their format. I read here and elsewhere that you then need to convert the bootTvTex and bootDrcTex files to 24 bit and the iconTex file to 32 bit. I tried different image converters to achieve this but no luck in the end.

Can anyone save me? Even just describing their process. Applications they've used? Anything. I'm dyin' over here. It's probably been 6+ hours with no end in site.

I love that this thing still gets some love, though.
This is if i remember correctly a thing i am trying to work on to fix (with the new version of uwuvci, which will [small spoiler]look quite different) i hope you can wait a bit longer, but new things will be added to uwuvci that will make it easier for some people to configure the injects (bootimages, gamename, and n64 stuff), oh and also the bugs will be fixed (the irrc, since idk where onmy fix list this currently is)

Last edited by NicoAICP,
Reactions: monstar

monstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is if i remember correctly a thing i am trying to work on to fix (with the new version of uwuvci, which will [small spoiler]look quite different) i hope you can wait a bit longer, but new things will be added to uwuvci that will make it easier for some people to configure the injects (bootimages, gamename, and n64 stuff), oh and also the bugs will be fixed (the irrc, since idk where onmy fix list this currently is)

Oh nice. That's really exciting! Thank you for your work and for being so active. I definitely can wait.

I may check out the discord to see if anyone knows how to do a few other things with vc injection in general. I want to figure out if migrating saves and restore points for my previously injected games can be transferred to newly created injects of the same rom and base.

Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing what you're working on.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Small update on UWUVCI and Injectiine.

I am currently working on version 2.0 of UWUVCI AIO, which adds a few new features and has a new ui and should fix injects.
I am also doing an closed beta. DM me via Discord (join any of the two in OP to get my name) or here on GBAtemp and tell me why I should give you access to the beta.

As you may have noticed i dont talk a lot bout injectiine. I am working on it, but not as much as uwuvci. I currently have gotten the nes script to work again, loadiine works, no clue bout wup isntallations. You can find the new github here.

I will start fully working on Injectiine as soon as i released version 2.0 of UWUVCI AIO. I hope some of the new features will help you guys out (one is for more advanced users nto wanting to add the same custom base everytime and one is for all users) and more features will be added with newer version (2.1 and up).

And as a little reminder: UWUVCI AIO 2.0 will use WindowsPresentationFoundation instead of WinForms and i have not found a way to reimport the entered keys and paths, since its 2 different projects in this case and also version 2.0 has another system of entering the keys. This means you need to enter all the keys again. Sorry about that.

I hope you guys will try out version 2 when it releases and maybe even try out the new version of Injectiine when it is released.

Happy Injecting! (even if it doesn't work that good rn)

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is a little SneakPeak for a new Feature of UWUVCI AIO 2.0:

You can add your own Bases to UWUVCI from now on (better said as soon as the new version releases) as long as said Base is available on the Nintendo E-Shop!

How does this work:
The new Version of UWUVCI AIO doesn't contain the bases hard-coded, instead it reads them from .vcb<console> files, which are located under "<Path to UWUVCI AIO>/bases" (e.g. C:/UWUVCI/bases/bases.vcbnds).
I created a Tool, called UWUVCI BaseConfigCreator, which allows you guys to do that.
To Add a Base you need to enter following Information:
  • Game Name
  • Game Region
  • Title ID
  • Title Key
You also need to set the Console, so the right file gets created.
After you entered the bases, you just click on Export Base file, which creates a file located under "<Path to BaseConfigCreator>/config"

On another note, this feature allows another thing:

Updating the Base List

As of now, the current version of UWUVCI, the bases are hard-coded, which needed a full update of UWUVCI.
With the new version however you can just go to the Settings and click on the "Update Base Files" Button which updates all the base files ( THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR CUSTOM BASE FILES! ) instead of Updating the whole Program.

I can sadly not give a Release Date of the New Version, but I hope you guys can wait a bit longer.

Download UWUVCI BaseConfigCreator here

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another new addition for UWUVCI AIO 2.0:

Creating Custom N64 Virtual Console INI Files.

With the release of UWUVCI AIO v2.0 it will include my selfmade tool "N64 VC INI Creator" which is Work In Progress right now, meaning it only support RomOptions (Rumble, MemPack, etc.)

You can run it in Settings -> "Start N64 Virtual Console INI Creator"

You can download the standalone version of the INI Creator here

Last edited by NicoAICP,
Reactions: ZERO2028

NicoAICP

Some random dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Introducing UWUVCI AIO v2.0

This version supports injection into:
  • NDS VC
  • GBA VC (Including Support for GameBoy Color and GameBoy ROMs)
  • N64 VC
  • SNES VC
  • NES VC
  • TurboGrafX-16 VC (Including Support for TruboGrafX-CD Games)
  • MSX VC (Including Support for MSX2 Games)
This release also contains new features:
  • Base Files
    These Files contain following Information: TitleName, Region, TitleID and the Hash of the TitleKey
    These Files can be udpated using uwuvci, or you create your own files using this tool.
    These Files ARE NOT the games. They are a list for the Injector to know what bases it can use.
  • Configuration Files
    These Files allow you to share your Injection config. These Files will include the BootImages you added, as well as the GameName you chose. If it's an N64 Config it will also contain the INI file and if it should use a DarkFilter.
    You can import those configs, which then require you to set a base and select a rom, and then you can start the Injection.
    These Files are meant to share working configs for as example N64, that people dont have to search for the right ini, if someone created a working inject with those
  • New Graphical User Interface
  • Downloads missing Tools/Base Files automatically
  • Contains INI Creator
    You can launch said tool using the Settings. It allows you to create BASIC N64 VC Configurations (INI).
This version was beta tested for a long time and contains no bugs (except 2 GUI bugs, that i cannot fix since it is a framework issue. They do not affect the Injection Proccess)

It still does not require java or python, the only requirement that probably exists is that you need to have the .NET Framwork installed

I hope you like this new version and Happy Injecting!

Source
Download

Reddit Thread

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lighttheme only? wav2btsnd ?
i almost considered short cutting my next inject and tryn something like this.
being able to swap out your 'sign' tga's was a plus ... but not enough.
(great tools will get cred no need to tag tga's IMO, imagine cuch's repo if each 'artrist' tag'd his paste together tga's ...no one would wanna use it)

having a complete 'proper look' has been my goal .. i only done a few , the few injects i have done i get picky.
if im doing all the ftp of images and sounds over something a automated tool is supposed to do then i might as well just do what i done.

i want the features i could have had if i painstakingly used each tools full selection of options... sux when its installed and fails, and you need try again and again , so i am grateful of this automation

... automation is nice. thank you.

but i hope cuz they say 'best ever' your goal is till a more complete release with as many pre configured INI as you and your circle managed to collect/make.

while poking around i got some wiierd crash when i said 'no' to confirmation to reset keys it did anyway and crashed... but second time just said 'reset' so im a lil confused.
Screenshot_1.png
i said no there
Screenshot_2.png
but it says complete , not cancelled or something similar ?

each title key adition on its own istead of reading a txt file or something ??

i am not just an ass, i am interested in this and watched many threads for many tools you show us.
again thx. my 2cents spent

Last edited by markehmus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1