ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you please explain in detail please? Sorry :/
1. NSUI?
2. If i use this method, will snes games appear in my home screen?
Sorry if i sound dumb

1. https://gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/[/QUOTE]

2. Yes. You're trying to make a "Forwarder", which appears on your home screen just like a virtual console game would, but that runs a SNES emulator under the hood, one that works on o3ds units. Once you create a .cia with the program, it's entirely self-contained. Install and run.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about the VC save states, then yes there's only one per title (which is different from one per game when you could conceivably make the same game as multiple titles), and that's a limitation of the emulator Nintendo uses. Asdolo simply wrote a program that builds a title for the 3DS out of that official emulator and a selected ROM file, and there really isn't anything he can do about it. If you want more save states, I suggest using one of the other (homebrew) emulators written for 3DS.

chesterfetid140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
If you're talking about the VC save states, then yes there's only one per title (which is different from one per game when you could conceivably make the same game as multiple titles), and that's a limitation of the emulator Nintendo uses. Asdolo simply wrote a program that builds a title for the 3DS out of that official emulator and a selected ROM file, and there really isn't anything he can do about it. If you want more save states, I suggest using one of the other (homebrew) emulators written for 3DS.

Ok, thanks

Matt6sic6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble converting a specific game. Final Fight 2 to be exact. I've downloaded multiple roms, euro and north american versions. Most have been .sfc files, and one .smc file. No matter the rom, I always get the following error when running this program: "This ROM isn't LoROM or HiROM or its trimmed!", also the .smc file doesn't appear when I select to only show smc files in the Open SNES File window which leads me to believe someone just renamed the extension and uploaded it as smc.

Last edited by Matt6sic6,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble converting a specific game. Final Fight 2 to be exact. I've downloaded multiple roms, euro and north american versions. Most have been .smc files, and one .sfc file. No matter the rom, I always get the following error when running this program: "This ROM isn't LoROM or HiROM or its trimmed!", also the .smc file doesn't appear when I select to only show smc files in the Open SNES File window which leads me to believe someone just renamed the extension and uploaded it as smc.

Reactions: Matt6sic6

Matt6sic6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, for whatever reason the Individual link told me that the smc file wasn't a genuine smc file, but the NSUI converter worked without a hitch, I'm playing it now. Wish NSUI were in English though, but I managed to figure it out pretty easily. Thanks for the help, you rock.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, for whatever reason the Individual link told me that the smc file wasn't a genuine smc file, but the NSUI converter worked without a hitch, I'm playing it now. Wish NSUI were in English though, but I managed to figure it out pretty easily. Thanks for the help, you rock.
Tools → Misc. → Language:
  • English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • русский
  • українська
Save → Restart NSUI.

In Spanish, it would be Herramientas → Opciones.. → Misc. → Idioma:

Hmm, surprising the word is not "Inglés".

Guardar

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do Injected SNES games have save states?

Just like official SNES virtual console games, injected games have one save state (Restore Point[emoji3481]) each. If you use the NSUI to create a forwarder instead of a regular virtual console game, you get multiple save states.

Last edited by Cralex,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Erxkum

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has anyone managed to inject the Fire Emblem translations? Like the recently completed Project Exile 1.03? It tells me the translation is not compatible but the unpatched rom works.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to inject the Fire Emblem translations? Like the recently completed Project Exile 1.03? It tells me the translation is not compatible but the unpatched rom works.
The original Japanese rom dump you can find for this game is Fire Emblem 5 Trachia 776 (Rom Version) (J).fig (Size: 4.00 MB - CRC32: 95E289DD).

In order to convert this to SFC (no header) format, you'll need to use:
  • https://smc2sfc2.herokuapp.com/
  • ADD FILES → All Files (*.*)File Name: Fire Emblem 5 Trachia 776 (Rom Version) (J).figDownload ROMsno headers (*.sfc) → etc.
There should be sfc ROMs.zip containing:
  • Fire Emblem 5 Trachia 776 (Rom Version) (J).sfc (4.00 MB - FC519952)
Download the ProjectExile.zip patch found at:
Apply ProjectExile103.bps (250 KB - 2144DF1C) to the SFC rom with Floating IPS v1.31.

The english patched SFC rom should be (6.00 MB - 95684A59 0DA1E4B2).

Edit - There's a ProjectExile101.bps (249 KB - 2144DF1C) that when applied will output English patched SFC rom (6.00 MB - 95684A59).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: w0nd3rb0yfx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?