[Release] Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asdolo, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Erxkum

Erxkum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Portugal
    Everything checks out until the last step, my english patched SFC rom:
    Everything else before it has the same exact CRC32 and size.

I used the Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS again and it gave me the same error, "rom isn't lorom or hirom, or its trimmed"

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Your output SFC rom with CRC32 hash 0DA1E4B2 is correct.

I retraced my steps and found out I have an earlier version of this patch, ProjectExile101.bps (249 KB - 2144DF1C), that when applied to SFC rom (FC519952), will output English patched SFC rom (95684A59).

If you haven't noticed, both the ProjectExile101.bps and ProjectExile103.bps patches share the same CRC32 hash!

It's weird to witness hash collision first hand. Look in the 7z archive and check yourself.

Attached Files:

3. Erxkum

Erxkum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Portugal
    Well, since version 103 of the patch has many bug fixes, I'm going to settle for an snes9x forwarder.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I would like to add that I originally downloaded the version 1.03 patch from reddit, which must have been mistakenly labelled as such before the poster corrected the link to the real 1.03. Just letting you know I didn't purposely mislead you with incorrect patching.
    Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS is outdated. Go back to using NSUI Beta 27 with Injection method: [ RetroArch CATSFC forwarder | RetroArch CATSFC Plus forwarder ] if you're going to have any luck running this game on n3DS / n3DSXL / n2DSXL.
    o2DS / o3DS / o3DSXL users should probably consider playing this on desktop snes9x.

5. Erxkum

Erxkum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Portugal
    Which one is better for a n3dsXL? RetroArch CATSFC forwarder or RetroArch CATSFC Plus forwarder?

I've been using snes9x forwarder from NSUI Beta 27 because last time I tried CATSFC Plus, I had this weird sound during the emulation not noticeable on the snes9x forwarder injection.

6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    We kinda went over this back at the NSUI thread starting around (your) post #343. CATSFC Plus is suppose to have better audio accuracy than CATSFC but at the cost of performance.
    However, sound distortion may be an aftereffect of the game being emulated too slowly. If that happens, you can try playing FE5 injected with CATSFC. I notice for certain games, CATSFC tends to cause occasional popping noises. You pick and choose by trial and error whichever works best for you.

Other things to consider:
    • Dump the DSP audio codec with DSP1: sdmc:/3ds/dspfirm.cdc
    • Use higher n3ds clock speed: Luma3DS v10.0 configuration, New 3DS CPU: Clock+L2(x)
    • If you have an 128 GB or larger SD card, consider reformatting it under FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size for some read & write performance gain.
      • 64 GB and smaller cards should stick to FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.

Erxkum likes this.
  7. Erxkum

Erxkum Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    Portugal
    Thank you for clearing my questions.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  8. TheRealMorganTubeHD

TheRealMorganTubeHD Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2019
    United States
    California, USA
    is it possible to reverse engineer the Virtual Console Emulator to add support for SuperFX and other Enhancement Chips that were never supported.

9. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States
    There are already several available emulators for the 3DS that implement those chips, which is far easier than opening up an already compiled emulator, reverse-engineering the code, and then coding in new features (in Assembly) into it. Sorry if you like the official VC emulator, but it's a lot of work for no real benefit.

10. danibrit1159

danibrit1159 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    United States
    i wish it cud be for the 2ds

11. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    Just use an emulator, games run the same as the official vc most of the time.

12. Johnny675

Johnny675 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    You can use SNES9X_3ds v1.30, super Mario rpg works fine

13. _DrBecks_

_DrBecks_ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2018
    Germany
    Hey guys, I need your help: Is there a patch for Secret of Evermore which fixes missing sound? Any help is appreciated. The game works despite a few missing sound-elements. I found similar patches for Terranigma and Illusion of Time, which were designed for SNES Mini but also worked on VC of New 3DS. So please if someone could help - thx in Advance. On the Snes Mini the preset ID EF10 Solves this issue. But how to apply on VC?

Last edited by _DrBecks_, Sep 16, 2019 at 5:33 PM