GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Drenn, Oct 10, 2014.

1. NeoUmbreon

NeoUmbreon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2016
    United States
    It's perfect except for the sound crackling, and apparently that was fixed in a commit but not in a release.
    I've been attempting to figure out how to compile this as a total noob and no dice, so does anyone have a cia of the latest commit?

fernan1234 likes this.
  2. Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Ukraine
    Украина
    Read issues on GitHub, it won't work.
    Install latest nightly of mgba: https://mgba.io/downloads.html

Last edited by Vulpes-Vulpeos, Nov 29, 2018
  3. NeoUmbreon

NeoUmbreon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2016
    United States
    Thanks, mgba works well :yay3ds:

4. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    No news for a release?

We still havent got a near perfect game Boy emulator on the 3ds

5. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  6. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    mGBA is as close as you are gonna get to good GB/C/A emulatiom on the 3DS.
    I suggest giving that one a try.

SLiV3R likes this.
  7. Vince989

Vince989 Still lurking around, sometimes...

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    Just going to put this out there, in case it matters to someone, I recently modded my N2DSXL and tried 2 games on it :

1. Mario Tennis seemed to work 100% or almost
    2. Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, main menus only work 100% when you put video on bottom screen, but main game (tried Time Trial) only runs about 50-52 fps

With the most recent comments, I'll give mGBA a try, since I mostly care about GB/GBC emulation for this one anyway, thanks for the info!

- Vince989

8. 3dsHbrew

3dsHbrew Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    Germany
    Show the cover of the game on top Screen when highlighted in ROM dir (bottom) would be nice

9. GayCoonie

GayCoonie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    For me, GameYob 3DS works perfectly besides the audio. The audio on mGBA is better, but the framerate and speed are very inconsistent, and don't seem to be really related to each other. I haven't really tried GameYob DS, but I do have the capacity to do so. I don't have NSUI up-and-running because I'm using Linux. Do you have any idea if it works o Wine?

10. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Sorry bud. Can't help you figure out,
    Code:
    desktop Linux + { WINE + Mono / .NET Framework } + NSUI = GBA VC injection, yes / no ???
    My secondary computer that had Linux Mint no longer works due to dead motherboard. And other reasons.

Fret not. I know just the person who might be interested in this posed question. :)

Master of Linux, computers, smileBASIC, and obscure tech-related subjects, @KleinesSinchen! ♪

Pandaxclone2 and KleinesSinchen like this.
  11. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    What?! *blushes*

(to make this post more readable I only use NSUI.exe instead of the full name)

Short answer: NSUI does seem to work with:
    WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine winecfg
    winetricks dotnet40
    → long installation process
    winetricks vcrun2013 → very fast
    wine NSUI.exe
    I successfully injected some games, including a GBA.
    Long(!) answer

Conclusion:

NSUI works with Linux+Wine+dotnet40. Setting it up is tedious and it might be faster (certainly easier) to install Windows in a virtual machine.

Fun fact: I did not run into trouble with parts of the NSUI-window not showing due to scaling issues. Once everything was set up, the app worked like a charm – although the terminal window went crazy with status messages.

Edit: Now I noticed this is a thread about Gameyob. Sorry for posting this is in the wrong topic.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Jun 20, 2019
    Pandaxclone2 and TurdPooCharger like this.
  12. GayCoonie

GayCoonie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    Thanks so much for trying it. I was able to get it to work. It went pretty smoothly for me because I knew to install .Net 4.0.

I was able to inject a couple GBA games, including one Pokemon ROM hack I wasn't able to get to work on my real GBA and Everdrive. This seems to be as close as I can get to playing it on real hardware.

Once again. Thank you very much.