ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GEN-MD Forwarder Maker for 3DS

SEGAwdCD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some photos. Only one of the 5 games I installed had no blue tint.

Attachments

• 20171115_153650.jpg
    20171115_153650.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 20171115_153948.jpg
    20171115_153948.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 20171115_153719.jpg
    20171115_153719.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 417

Bobsican

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, I will make the other consoles the next year.
That post is like 2 years old.
Do you have any issue or something?

Also, I have this issue in every game:
The sound (after letting the 3DS to be in sleep mode for a long time), sounds weird than what it should.
If I use a save state, close the game (back to the 3DS home menu) and load the game again and load the save state, the sound seems fine.

It seems it´s an emulation flaw or something, rather than the game itself.

Last edited by Bobsican,
Reactions: CatmanFan

BobSpaghet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sakitoshi So I did the sega cd trick and was able to get Dragon's Lair running perfectly, but any time I try to load another game, it boots into the cd player mode. Any idea why?

BobSpaghet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am attempting to do the Sega CD inject thing myself, but how do I open the code.bin? In other words, how do I extract or open the exefs? I have the decrypted exefs currently, so I am confused. Do I need another program besides the HackingToolkit9DS? Thanks
You need an older version, the newer ones titled 9DS are for encrypted files. I believe version 9 is the one I used. You’ll be able to tell because the program is called HackingToolkit3DS

Deleted member 429758

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
New version 1.1!

What's new:
* A whole new full 3D model (by @FONZD. Thank you VERY much!).

+ Added: 6 button genesis/megadrive controller compatibility.
+ Added: button layout scheme save and load (export your current button layout scheme to a file and load it when you like to).
* Fixed game not resetting when using automatic save and load feature (reported by @angelhp and @bunny365).
* Fixed sound issue when suspending the game (reported by @bunny365).
* Fixed the black screen on the top and bottom screen when returning the game after suspending it
* Fixed the ampersands missing on the game name (reported by @bunny365).
+ Added option to disable bilinear filter (asked by @plainstone).
+ Added emulator region selection (asked by @alucard73).
+ Added: Automatic title screen and/or box cover download!
+ Added: Now you can write two separate lines in the banner text with custom font and size for each one.
+ Added: Native IPS patching. Now you can apply an IPS patch directly before making the CIA.
* Replaced english message for the bottom screen to "Tap the Touch Screen to toggle the RetroArch menu" (asked by @bunny365).
* Removed 'Cheats' menu option from Menu.
* Removed 'Save slot' menu option from Menu.
* Now showing all the 3DS buttons (even ZL, ZR and C-Stick) on the buttons mapping window (asked by @bunny365).
* Removed "Enabled Circle Pad = D-pad mapping" option and replaced the function by setting the Circle Pad to Genesis D-Pad as default (asked by @bunny365).
* Got rid of the interpolation mode selection.
* Better quality icon and banner resizing.
* Fixed the bug that causes line breaks on the Title name and publisher to become question marks.

Links in the OP!

I would like to thanks @FONZD for his amazing work on the whole new 3D banner. It's just perfect.

Here you can see a few screenshots of the new banner:

This is a big new update.

Now you can go to Home Menu and the game sound won't be corrupted.

You can also close the 3DS lid (go to sleep mode) when playing the game.

You can't close the lid WHEN staying on the Home Menu with the game suspended.

Edit: Fixed on v1.2!

Thank you so much!!

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
any ideas i try and make my .md rom into a cia and the app just closes when i hit finish and then deletes itself from the folder.

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello friends, I am using this to make a lot of games from Genesis to be installed and played in my 3DS. But where are the saves send ?

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not sure if im posting this at the right place, but i have an issue with NHL 96, i was able to play a few games no problem but now each time i try to start a game it freezes right after i select the teams, anyone knows if theres a fix?

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the icons the application downloads definitely do not seem to be 40x40. What size is the image that appears on the top 3DS screen? I assume the icon on the bottom screen is 40x40. But what about on the top?

I donwloaded someone's copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Complete from Reddit whose .cia has a different image for the bottom-screen 40x40 image and the top screen image. How do I do this? It seems I'm only allowed to upload 1 image in the application.

*snip*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

AikoT_T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sakitoshi said:
I created a cia with the ultimate maker using another game (I used Ristar in this case but any other do) but put the name and banner of the sega cd game I wanted to inject (Sonic CD in this case).
Then used this (hackingtoolkit) to extract the resulting cia.
Once I had it extracted, took a look at code.bin inside the exefs and found this
so I changed it to load rom.cue instead of rom.bin
Then added the cue and bin of the sega cd game to the romfs (japanese sega cd bios and Sonic CD in this case)
renamed the cue file from whatever the name it was to rom.cue (the same as the edited code.bin)
And last but not less changed the retroarch system directory to romfs: in the config file (so retroarch search for the sega cd bios there)
Everything done I repacked the cia, installed and in a couple minutes was playing some japanese Sonic CD

oK
Sorry for the long message. but this is the only way i can get my thoughts out and explain what ive already done.

so i followed this exactly and i cant get it to work, i even used the same game to make the fake cia in the first step (ristar)
do i need a different version of retroarch installed on my system??
(I know that retroarch is in the cia, but other than me changing the path where the cia looks for the bios, there are still other processes that point to retroarchs folder and i dont know if there would be a version conflict?

So i tried both hackingtoolkit3ds v9 and 9ds v12, to extract this, but both would not give me extracted folders for the exefs/romfs.
So i put the ristar.cia i made with this program onto my 3ds, i encrypted it in godmode9, then used hackingtoolkit9ds v12 and i got the folders, cool.

then,
*i took the code.bin, and opened it in 'xvi32' hex editor, i found the string 'rom.bin' and changed it to 'rom.cue'
*i then put my bin+cue (changing the name of the cue to 'rom.cue' to match the updated code.bin,) in the extractedromfs folder,
(my copy of lunar - the silver story was obtained as a 'redump' i used 'isobuster' to combine all the bin files into one. (this works on the picodrive emulator on the 3ds [Also, when opening that .cue in noted pad, it says REM session and at the bottom of the .cue made with isobuster, it says some software does not support REM sessions, but again, it workd in picodrive..)
*i also changed the config to look in "romfs:" instead of the SD card for the bios.
*i put the correct bios in the romfs, named correctly too.

*i then rebuilt it, installed it,
but i always get an arm11 crash, no matter what slight changes i make to the build, it just crashes....

i've tried different bios,
ive tried using the original redump with multiple .bin files that has a .cue
and a new combined single bin file using isobuster with its new cue
(i thought about using 'segacuemaker' to make a new cue, but i forgot it only supports iso/wav.... because my other methods arent working..

i've tried different bios,
different "fake cias" from the first step.
ive tried encrypted,
decrypted
etc etc etc, basically every combo i could think of..

Ive even tried using NSUI to inject Lunar - The Silver Story.bin, both into picodrive and genesis plus gx, nothing but arm11 crashes....

Could someone give a step by step on how to make a Sega CD VC? Or could kindly tell me what i'm doing wrong??

obviously, there is pertinent info missing from Sakitoshi's message i quoted abovem because i can usually get things to work..
Other people seem to get it to work, maybe its me?

Do i need to change any other setting before i rebuild this? is there a prerequisite that i'm missing because Sakitoshi thinks we already know so he left it out?

This is very frustrating and ive been at this for 2 days now, ive finally given up and made an account here just to ask.

Some would say, well, why dont i just use picodrive and just play it that way,
well, i do,
but this is just laughing in my face......

Thank you :)

This looks like a wonderful community!!

Last edited by AikoT_T,
Reactions: Asdolo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1