ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirbeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a problem, some times when I save in a game made via GBA injector and I save in the game, and I close it, when I open the game it WON'T save, this does not happened me when I play GBA games downloaded via freeshop (the 10 ones that only where available via the 3ds banner), so, it is something that happened thanks to the GBA injector, why? (Sorry for my bad english)

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games probably have the wrong save type flagged in injector. NSUI is generally more accurate at picking the correct save type so I would try that.

Reactions: Kirbeat

Kirbeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Last edited by Kirbeat,

Kirbeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@Rahkeesh You talk about this?: https://digiex.net/threads/new-supe...bc-gba-smd-gamegear-turbigrafx-16-roms.15394/
So in the New Super Ultimate Injector that is fixed?
And what type of save I have to put in the Ultimate GBA injector? I put the one that is choose by default when I select a rom or what?
And every GBA game use the type of save?
My 3DS is a normal blue one, the first model
(Sorry for my horrible english)
Well, I played GBA in my 3DS via NSUI and I have the same issue, I think that is my 3DS or my SD card.

DestroyMagnet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to inject Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to my 3DS, would I be able to to do time-based events such as the Lilycove rooftop sale, water berries, or to the Lilycove lotto? It seems that you can only do those if you played on a real cartridge because they had batteries but by 2019 those "batteries had run dry so time-based events no longer occur".

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I were to inject Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to my 3DS, would I be able to to do time-based events such as the Lilycove rooftop sale, water berries, or to the Lilycove lotto? It seems that you can only do those if you played on a real cartridge because they had batteries but by 2019 those "batteries had run dry so time-based events no longer occur".
Please use New Super Ultimate Injector instead. The save might corrupt if you use the older injector (right after beating the main game). As far as my very(!) limited testing went: Time based events seem to work (planted two berries at the first location and they started growing after a few hours (3DS turned off).
There is no way to use GBA multiplayer functions with the 3DS. Repeated dumping/reinjecting saves to emulator(s) or retail cartridges would be necessary if you want to use the trading functions.

As for the batteries in the cartridges: Replacing them is not a very hard soldering job.

jack980517

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have a GBA ROM that neither this nor NSUI can detect the correct save type for. I know for sure what the save type is, but NSUI doesn't let me choose and only uses "Unknown", and the game won't save. On the other hand, while this old injector allows me to choose a save type, it only allows 4 hex digits of title ID, which isn't very nice.
I noticed that in Beta 27 of NSUI, a new feature was added that allows us to manually search in the game database if there's no exact match, which is very good. Allowing us to manually choose save type is similar in nature. This could even be considered a regression, considering that this old Ultimate injector allows that.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tip:

Ignore my original post: "I found that the Pokemon games (main series) only work if SRAM patch is selected in the last step (VC Parameters)."

I found out afterwards that selecting SRAM patch allows the Pokemon games to boot but saving will not work. The tool in this thread is outdated and does not provide the option to configure injected games as Flash 128kb (1Mb), which the Pokemon games require (at least some of them), as explained in this post. Instead of using this tool, use NSUI (New Super Ultimate Injector), which properly identifies the games' save file type. This got rid of all the problems my son was having trying to launch and save his Pokemon FireRed game.

From the info in that post, it seems like, at the time the tool in this thread was created, it was believed that the 3DS's GBA mode did not support that type of save file, which was later disproved. NSUI doesn't seem to have made it out of the beta phase, but it works just fine. Just keep in mind that most of its GUI is in Spanish so you may need to Google translate some of it.

Last edited by themanuel,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me? I am trying to get ultra shiny gold sigma version (a romhack of firered) I made the CIA but when I start the game I just get an error and it tells me to turn the 3DS off..

Kirbeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can someone help me? I am trying to get ultra shiny gold sigma version (a romhack of firered) I made the CIA but when I start the game I just get an error and it tells me to turn the 3DS off..
Probably you need to put a "boot.firm" in your SD card. That file stabilises a bit the things, but I don't know if that helps.

First, try to run the hacked game via a emulator of GBA, if it don't run, the problem is the hack itself, or it corrupted the rom or something.
Then, try to run a normal GBA game in your 3DS via the injector, if it don't run, the problem is or your 3DS, the SD card or the computer used to run the injector.

But if the rom-hack run right in a emulator and your 3DS run the GBA games, or the problem is a bad-function between the injector and the hack or I don't know.

Last edited by Kirbeat,

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably you need to put a "boot.firm" in your 3DS, that file stabilises a bit the things, but I don't know if that helps.

First try tu run the hacked game via a emulator of GBA, if it don't run, the problem is the hack itself, or it corrupted the rom or something.
Try to run a normal GBA game in your 3DS via the injector, if it don't run, the problem is or your 3DS, the SD card or the computer used to run the injector.

But if the hack-rom run right in a emulator and your 3DS run the GBA games, or the problem is a fusion between the injector and the hack or I don't know.

Ok I got it to work now. I enabled the real time clock.(which the game uses) issue I am having now though is it says it won't save. When I start the game it says something about a 1m circuit board or something, then when I try saving in game it gives me an error and says I can't save...help? I have supplied a screenshot:

https://gyazo.com/82531759817e54fd7020ea81b6a8b3e5

https://gyazo.com/bb990a5be6960d48f89d759b772844c7

https://gyazo.com/ac56504637a8f3f1a808e9835f130a34

https://gyazo.com/ea03252d1d7e57cc6503d68fe4e4788f

I am pretty sure everything is correct? what could I change?

Kirbeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok I got it to work now. I enabled the real time clock.(which the game uses) issue I am having now though is it says it won't save. When I start the game it says something about a 1m circuit board or something, then when I try saving in game it gives me an error and says I can't save...help? I have supplied a screenshot:

https://gyazo.com/82531759817e54fd7020ea81b6a8b3e5

https://gyazo.com/bb990a5be6960d48f89d759b772844c7

https://gyazo.com/ac56504637a8f3f1a808e9835f130a34

https://gyazo.com/ea03252d1d7e57cc6503d68fe4e4788f

I am pretty sure everything is correct? what could I change?
Well, i'm not experimented at Pokemon issues and I don't understand too much your problem, so, I can't help, sorry!

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This injector is old and outdated. Please try using the New Super Ultimate Injector instead and let us know if anything improves.

Reactions: Cralex and Kirbeat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging