playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ugh posted in the wrong thread. :/

as we were...
Added a couple of .nds homebrews to flash your save without network BS. Need a DS phat/lite.
You don't need the save file if you use my homebrew to inject.

This is another way to get your DSi CID with The Biggest Loser.

Attachments

• TB_loser_CID.zip
    182.6 KB · Views: 241

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country

as we were...
Added a couple of .nds homebrews to flash your save without network BS. Need a DS phat/lite.

I was wondering the exact same thing xD

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I should probably note that I ended up with 3 copies of The Biggest Loser, so if @gamesquest1 or @hundshamer need one, and pay for shipping, I'll be happy to mail it to them. Else, if neither of them want them, I'll open that offer up to everyone else.
Is it still an offer? :)

Reactions: Margen67

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the corrupted keyslots are why retail games don't boot from sudokohax homebrew menu. I'm sure there's other hurdles you have to get around. The Cyclo iEVO apparently used Cooking Coach to gain DSi mode from slot-1 and supports running DS games from that mode. (though compatibility might be hit or miss last I read on it)

So it's just a matter of sandboxing the games while in DSi mode. That and redirecting game saves to SD card. (which can only be done with DSi hax that has SD card access. iEVO just used it's slot-1 card for that)

Don't expect Wulfy to do that. You'll have to look elsewhere. I honestly don't think anyone will bother trying that though.
Remember that DSi games are built without linked libraries. You make a game, you plop the entire set of SDK libs on the cart basically. As such, if that were even possible (it's an incredible stretch and would take hours/days per game to have any luck) it'd still be *per-game*.
There's a huge number of reasons why you can't boot games from the homebrew menu, the main ones being that it doesn't use a 100% proper cartridge header format, and that it doesn't support modcrypt sections.

Ultimately, it's worth looking at this new set of exploits as a way to get more hacked systems out there and hopefully give libnds the DSi overhaul it so desperately needs. The sheer lack of DSi homebrew at the present time is pretty depressing.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
well so far most games use NDS7/9 BIOS opcodes (SWI), that is handled when an exception occurs, so then they execute BIOS functions, then return and restore CPU mode.. I wonder what MPU settings are while on DSi mode (most likely DSi map mode), and I really wonder if something like protecting MPU areas as NDS mode does (DSi mode), and leaving DSi mode to handle all IO such as WPA2 would work. (that would require to write a bios handler for MPU exception trigger NDS mode, and prevent by any means any DSI specific hardware to access NDS mode).

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
This is amazeballs and might actually make me reconsider grabbing a DSi. I always enjoyed DS homebrew, but the shortage of RAM bothered me greatly. This just might reignite the spark, thanks @WulfyStylez!
Can I hire you to keep? I saw in your bio I could hire you. Can I hire you as a friend for life?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like Nintendo is....

THE BIGGEST LOSER

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

as we were...

This is what the result should look like if the CID dumper is working ok. (of course it won't be all zeros like this emu screenshot :P)

loserEU_screen.png

fwiw - all zeros will also occur on 3ds. if on a reg ds, it'll crash to a black screen because you're reading from illegal memory presumably.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Remember that DSi games are built without linked libraries. You make a game, you plop the entire set of SDK libs on the cart basically. As such, if that were even possible (it's an incredible stretch and would take hours/days per game to have any luck) it'd still be *per-game*.
There's a huge number of reasons why you can't boot games from the homebrew menu, the main ones being that it doesn't use a 100% proper cartridge header format, and that it doesn't support modcrypt sections.

Ultimately, it's worth looking at this new set of exploits as a way to get more hacked systems out there and hopefully give libnds the DSi overhaul it so desperately needs. The sheer lack of DSi homebrew at the present time is pretty depressing.

I'm not sure we can thank you enough, Suki! Thank you! I knew something was up when I noticed you checking out my Sudokuhax tutorial ;)

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Are you Reggie?

╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…..╚(███)╝
……╚(██)╝
………(█)
……….*

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, another heads up on the NAND reading. For the DSi (Original), it's more sensitive than my mother when I forget to wish her a happy birthday. The DSi XL was much easier across the board, and can handle longer wires as well without having any problems. The DSi, however, took 13 adjustments, bringing the wire length down to barely enough to attach the SD reader and plug it in, at about 6mm per-wire, including my connectors. In contrast, I easily got away with over 10cm per wire with the XL, not including connectors, and I wasn't even trying for short wire lengths.

The DSi sucks for NAND R/W. If you're doing more than just a single-time HFW/title downgrading, get an XL.

Edit: And if it wasn't obvious, make sure you get three, or more, identical NAND reads before you start doing anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-