Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Certain (mostly older) laptops are able to dump the CID. It's down to whether or not their readers are internally USB or not. There's a tool called ReadCID that can do it, though i can't find it atm.
Is there a known list of laptop compatible with this? Mine is from 2007, that's why I ask.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Try running usbview and seeing if your device is on the list somewhere.
I don't know if this is it, Unpluging and repluging the card in the reader changes nothing in this screen:

Capture.PNG

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe. Gadorach did it.
It all depends on what kind of reader it is.

I dumped the CID both with a copy of The Biggest Loser, and verified through RPU on my rPi.

Dump the nand yes but not the CID. CID dumping requires low-level sd access which a normal reader can't provide.

That's true, as most newer readers aren't designed for this. You would need a reader that operates on either the PCI bus, or was specialized for the task of low-level SD/MMC operations. I should check if my Alienware M15x has this capability in its internal SD reader.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

loco365

Trophies
XP
@WulfyStylez Perhaps you can look into this, but if memory serves, one of the dsi software updates deleted cookhax if it was detected on My Healthy Cooking Coach. Do you think it's possible to modify cookhax as to not have it deleted when used and perhaps make it usable for CID dumping?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WulfyStylez Perhaps you can look into this, but if memory serves, one of the dsi software updates deleted cookhax if it was detected on My Healthy Cooking Coach. Do you think it's possible to modify cookhax as to not have it deleted when used and perhaps make it usable for CID dumping?
Nope. It checks for a null byte where the max name length should end (or something similar to that), and if there's not one there it nukes the save. There's no real workaround for that. You can get around it by downgrading the menu, but at that point you can just do dsiwarehax.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Nope. It checks for a null byte where the max name length should end (or something similar to that), and if there's not one there it nukes the save. There's no real workaround for that. You can get around it by downgrading the menu, but at that point you can just do dsiwarehax.
Ah. I wasn't sure how it did the verification, but if it actually checks for any overflow and nukes it if it overflowed, you can't really work around that.

loco365

Trophies
XP
new icon? NOOOO
Probably not, no, considering that's ROM and you can't write to it :(

Edit: So I'm working on the first-ever DSi-specific game level viewer, which I call Trajectory. It's a level viewer (NOTE: Not an editor) for Trajectile/Reflect Missile. It's not quite finished yet, as I still have some graphics to rip and edit, but once I finish it to the point in which I'm satisfied, I'll probably be releasing my level documentation and the source code, as well as a binary, of Trajectory for people to look at and play around with. Once I get close to its completion though, I'll be opening a separate topic, however, if enough people want me to, I'll open a thread early with a checklist of things that I still need to finish and allow people to discuss it, as well as look at the current (messy) source code.

Edit: Take a look at the most current version:
ntOI0Dc.png

Last edited by loco365,

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
This is mostly unrelated, but more often than not my DSi will immediately shut down if I touch the R button. Any idea why this happens?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is mostly unrelated, but more often than not my DSi will immediately shut down if I touch the R button. Any idea why this happens?
Did you mess with the camera app when you were working on your NAND? If not, there's a short. Pop off the back of the console, clean the contacts for the back-plate's IO, and put it back together. That'll probably fix it.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Did you mess with the camera app when you were working on your NAND? If not, there's a short. Pop off the back of the console, clean the contacts for the back-plate's IO, and put it back together. That'll probably fix it.
I'm thinking it's a short too, since it happens whenever, not just at the menu. I tried cleaning it but nothing changed. It looked clean in the first place as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't have such things on my laptop. It's a lenovo thinkpad t61

So, I can't tell if the built-in card reader is on the list.
In case this hasn't been solved yet, your T61 might have a Lenovo smartcard reader. That communicates through USB.
The card reader seems to be either Ricoh R5C843 or Ricoh R5C847, both communicates through PCI.

EDIT: Datasheet: http://www.e-devices.ricoh.co.jp/en/products/product_pcif/pcc/5c843/index.html
http://www.e-devices.ricoh.co.jp/en/products/product_pcif/pcc/5c847/index.html

It's likely that this device doesn't abstract memory card communications, since the OS needs specific drivers for it.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum