Hacking [Release] Toukiden 2 - English port (v0.8)

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a English translation port patch for Toukiden 2 [PCSG00830] JPN which is compatible with Henkaku enabled consoles. Finally manage to get a hold of a US dump of Toukiden 2 and a 1.06 JPN Game update with the help of Ginkuji and kyu0911. With those files on hand I was able to make a much better translation port unlike with the v0.4c patch.

Since this is a port... I can't actually post links to the patch since it still contains edited asset from the English version of the game (VITA/PC), Google might know where to get them.

What’s Translated:
All stuffs

Bugs that needs fixing:
Some word warp and overshooting text problems on Mitama's Bio and Inscription Texts
Maybe a few minor word warp and overshooting text problems on other parts that I’ve missed
Very long text exceeding 50 characters gets cut on movie subtitle (I think there's a few of those)
Inscription Texts are bugged, it displays all text at your first read on the tablet.

Original base game LINKDATA.BIN hash should be: ce188a3e4f2cdda54d091be120ead4f4
Patched game LINKDATA.BIN hash should be: 57e24e9d69d8884bc5a326b4180486e1

How to patch game [PC]:
1. Backup your game and save
2. Copy the games LINKDATA.BIN to this folder and rename to LINKDATA.BIN.BAK
3. Open/Run xdeltaUI.exe
4. Open patch and select 'froid_san_v0.8.xdelta'
5. Open source file and select 'LINKDATA.BIN.BAK'
6. Save your output file as 'LINKDATA.BIN'
7. Click 'Patch' and wait for it to finish
8. Copy the patched LINKDATA.BIN back to your Vita
9. Copy the contents inside the 'Copy to PCSG00830 and overwrite all' folder to PCSG00830 folder and overwrite all files

For bug reports, just search froid_san or Happydance on google send me a PM on those forums you find.

Special thanks to Ginkuji, kyu0911 and YuMe-iD

Video: (sorry bad autofocus, my phone sucks)

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, this looks amazing! Thanks! Would it all be possible to upload an already patched version to 'that iso' site? No worries if not! Cheers.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Toukiden 2 [PCSG00830] (v.08) English Patch", there, you forgot to post the TITLEID in the title of the post anyway here it goes...................A game this big really takes up a lot of space on the small vita memory card, especially true, for what limited precious space I have on my bonafied vita with current firmware.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Possible to download just the 1.06 update?
My friend uploaded a clean/unmodified 1.06 game update for quite some time now on reddit and various other site

"Toukiden 2 [PCSG00830] (v.08) English Patch", there, you forgot to post the TITLEID in the title of the post anyway here it goes...................A game this big really takes up a lot of space on the small vita memory card, especially true, for what limited precious space I have on my bonafied vita with current firmware.

Sorry forgot thw game id, i cant edit the topic title now... So i'll just let the mods so it.

Yeah its a big game, ita reallly is a pain since i only have a 8gb card

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
When you select the option for output file you write linkdata.bin in the small box where the file name would normally appear when the selection window popups.

Reactions: SuperDan

yooko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
guys i want to ask
i already download the toukiden 2 PCSG00830
i found the LINKDATA.BIN

i renamed it into LINKDATA.BIN.BAK
but when i try to patch it using xdeltaUI.exe, it getting error message
upload_2017-5-9_15-32-12.png

what should i do?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the patch and pre-patched already have the USA live icons, its just the game is replacing it back to the jpn live icons when the vita is connected to the net. I just never bother to fixed it.
i never saw the icon in update ? i must have skipped it somehow ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny