Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
It seems clear to me that even if there are no further updates for Tiramisu, that it can continue to have an appeal if some of the things Aroma breaks never see alternatives implemented. Pretty much Tiramisu can exist for the people clinging to CBHC, afraid that something they have working just the way they want wont be achievable in Aroma.

To those afraid to change from CBHC to Tiramisu, I gotta say, I've been fiddling with it, and I can only think of one thing that Tiramisu can't quite do that CBHC can (at least at this time): how custom CBHC setups could allow for specific homebrew apps to boot at launch by holding specific buttons when you turn on the Wii U. However, Tiramisu brings back the quickstart menu (which CBHC notably can't utilize), and if you make channels for your favorite homebrew apps, you can still quick launch into them from a boot, this time with a simple touch on the screen instead of a hold of a button. So I'd still say Tiramisu comes out on top overall, definitely seems to load up a little quicker too.
though cbhc didnt really have that feature natively it was a third party 'upgrade'

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, i was planning to install Tiramisu maybe this WE, but by reading this thread again and again, i'm getting completely lost.
So, do i have to wait for Aroma to be released ? Will it be better than Tiramisu ? Will it be something different ?
Thank you for your advices.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

dominic363

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
can someone please help me with the autoboot ? i tried multiple times to boot into wii menu but still directs me to the environment loader no matter how many times i set the autoboot to wii u menu

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how can i check that ?
iu

This switch loves to move itself while you insert the card into the Wii U. Also if it looks unlocked make double sure by moving it to locked position, then back to unlocked.

wakakau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys, i've gone through the thread but didn't found this mentioned anywhere except maybe in post #452

Do DLC work with Tiramisu?
I am getting error that DLC is corrupted
For certain games eg Badland, i am getting error saying that NNIC used to purchase the software has been deleted

any idea how to fix this?

NecroNova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very impressed with this new Exploit for the Wii U.
I used Mocha CFW before switching to Tiramisu (Which is funny since i did Mocha before Tiramisu was released) and i gotta say its amazing to use. I can see why Autobooting CFW is somewhat sought after and we finally have a free way to do that.

Although i do have one small issue, more like a bug than anything.
When booting up my Wii U it Autoboots into Tiramisu, which is normal. But the screen then is somewhat glitched with black effects and a black screen. This doesnt affect my Homebrew, CFW, or anything else as the system then boots up fine after the glitched effects. I just find it as a weird bug that i should most likely address just incase.

Other than that small bug everything else works perfectly and im very happy that the Wii U is still getting support from hackers/modders to this day.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well, i was planning to install Tiramisu maybe this WE, but by reading this thread again and again, i'm getting completely lost.
So, do i have to wait for Aroma to be released ? Will it be better than Tiramisu ? Will it be something different ?
you have haxchi or cbhc ? if so there's not much you need to worry about .. this is a free entry into homebrew with some perks of bloopair and freeing you haxchi ds title.. but if you are happy where you are.. its fine there also.. your not gaining much

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, i've gone through the thread but didn't found this mentioned anywhere except maybe in post #452

Do DLC work with Tiramisu?
I am getting error that DLC is corrupted
For certain games eg Badland, i am getting error saying that NNIC used to purchase the software has been deleted

any idea how to fix this?

Sounds like maybe your DLC has fake tickets and you didn't install signature patches.

Reactions: trogdon and wakakau

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you have haxchi or cbhc ? if so there's not much you need to worry about .. this is a free entry into homebrew with some perks of bloopair and freeing you haxchi ds title.. but if you are happy where you are.. its fine there also.. your not gaining much
I do have haxchi actually.
I would gain cold boot and it seems safer than CBHC.
Anyway, it's time to move to a better and newer hack.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
your not gaining much
Except a much more clean environment than (coldboot) haxchi. As a developer you should know how hard it can be to support Haxchi while Mocha (and Tiramisu) just work. Best example: WUPServer. On Haxchi it's hacked into MCP, so good luck utilising WUPServer and MCP in parallel (want to check your own title info or even just some system setting while accessing the USB drive via libiosuhax? Forget it my friend, Haxchi can't do that).

So right now you might be right: An end user won't see a big difference between Haxchi And Tiramisu but time will change as sooner or later homebrews will drop Haxchi support (and even right now there are homebrews running better on Tiramisu than on Haxchi. NUSspli doesn't need to unmount USB/MLC all the time and as a result needs way less I/O queue flushes, translating in more smooth execution / less lag spikes for the end user, for example. Another example are new Tiramisu API calls: On Haxchi NUSspli exploits IOSU which might freeze the console. On Tiramisu it uses a simple API call with zero freeze risks instead).

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I moved from Haxchi to Tiramisu. My review from an End User point of view.
Pros:
- Safer than the other coldboot alternative CBHC
- faster load (about 30s faster)
- Much more stability with some homebrew apps that used to freeze my system like loadiine gx2 << yes I still use loadiine >>
Cons:
- Even though i tried several ways, i can't use Haxchi as a forwarder for .elf apps.
- Issues with some WUPS not working properly
- When you are in some system apps (like config tools), loading back the WiiU menu takes a few seconds more

Issues so far:
- Spiik disable the MiiMaker to enter the HBL

Depending on what HBL apps you use, is your decision to move to Tiramisu, wait for Aroma, or just stay this way you like

Last edited by ArgoRV,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ