Homebrew [Release] tickCRYPT: Easily transfer DSiWare from one console to another!

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is... But you can't use a 3DS and I might have to modify TWLnf to make a script to extract/inject files/tickets.
iirc a 3DS stores all tickets, including DSiWare tickets, to the CTRNAND, while the actual titles are in the TWLNAND

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's your cid
No, it gives you both the CID and the Console ID
fwtool.jpg

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FWTool uses random digits... Only the backup has the right cid and consoleid
Uhm what? I've asked some people in the DSi scene and they told me that isn't true. Plus it wouldn't make any sense, how would it ever be able to add the NoCash footer to a NAND backup?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On a 3DS the TWL firm does not have a CID or ConsoleID, so it must be random numbers or a placeholder value the 3DS has.
I checked, the CID is the same as the NAND CID from the 3DS NAND, while the ConsoleID... idk, but can't it at least be tried?

Patstar54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, basically I downloaded a bunch of DSIware right before the shop’s death. However, the DSI I downloaded them on has a really bad touchscreen. I bought another DSI, but it has nothing except warioware and the internet browser. Not even flipnote. I’d like to use this to get all that stuff from my other DSI to the new one, but I don’t know a thing about how you’re supposed to do this... any help?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sooo, basically I downloaded a bunch of DSIware right before the shop’s death. However, the DSI I downloaded them on has a really bad touchscreen. I bought another DSI, but it has nothing except warioware and the internet browser. Not even flipnote. I’d like to use this to get all that stuff from my other DSI to the new one, but I don’t know a thing about how you’re supposed to do this... any help?
Well you could take them apart and take the bottom screen + digitiser from the working DSi and place it in the broken one, that looks like the easiest option...

Patstar54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you could take them apart and take the bottom screen + digitiser from the working DSi and place it in the broken one, that looks like the easiest option...

I COULD do that, but they’re both different sizes, so this is really my last option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse