ROM Hack [Release] Theme Customization Tools

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys!
This tools allows you to view/edit "body_LZ.bin" files, that contains 3DS theme data.
It has a tiny simulator inside, to have a little preview of your work.
I also implemented some little tools to let you edit the icon and the description of your theme, and also tryed to fix the USA compatibility.
The tools is now updated to the new, more complete, 3dbrew documentation, so it can view more data and some bugs are fixed.
Inside there is a simple model of a Kingdom Hearts theme i tryed to create.

Usage:
File->Open = You can open any body_LZ.bin, compressed or decompressed.
File->Save = Save your new body_LZ.bin
File->Export = This exports the currently viewed picture in BMP format, you choose the path
File->Import = This lets you import any image in BMP format and replace it to the currently viewed one
Sound->Import/Export CWAV = Not supported yet :/
Background Music = Check/uncheck this if you want/don't want bgm in your theme
Simulator = Gives you a little preview of the theme

Just edit all the data you want and open the batch script of your region. For now just EUR and USA are supported.

Requirements:
Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0
It can hang if it stays in folders with spaces in their name, so be sure to not have spaces in the tool's path.

Issues:
The current CIA generated is known to not be installed in GW emunand, of any version. I'm currently trying to understand how to avoid this. My theory is that GW implements some checks, since i didn't patch anything strange in my CFW, and i can run this withouth problems. So for this is just useful to edit and create, not to play. Hoping to solve this soon.
Also, this should replace the "Completely Mario" theme.

[v1.1] Download here!

Have fun!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OMG YES!!! I'm writing this before reading the whole post XD

Edit1: Ok, I'll test it since I brought my 3DS with me today. I really hope it works for American systems. Going to backup my emuNAND just in case.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have a GW, so i don't know if it needs to be zero-key encrypted, i just keep all the files unencrypted. It works on my CFW, but haven't tested on GW. Try this out, so if there are issue i can update the package.

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm scared with this things, I remember themes in the Wii not working and having problems of bricked consoles, going to back up just in case

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm scared with this things, I remember themes in the Wii not working and having problems of bricked consoles, going to back up just in case
Well that's because the Wii doesn't have theme support and it was actually patching the system menu with the new theme. Obviously, a corrupted system menu means a brick :P
On the 3DS, it doesn't modify the home menu directly, and if for some reason a corrupted theme prevents it from loading (shouldn't happen if Nintendo coded it properly) then you can just delete the theme off your SD card (that is assuming it installs to SD)

Reactions: Margen67

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't install it sadly :( Using Gateway, of course. Tried in both DevMenu versions.

Details:
Used "USA" batch.

DevMenu reports:
Import failed. File: NewThemeUSA.cia
This via is invalid. (0xD8E08025)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all