ROM Hack [Release] Theme Customization Tools

Timmerito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have some theme's on my sd card but if I open one of the themes in 3ds theme editor comes the theme that i currently have on my 3ds and not the theme that it must be. If I open it on the 3ds with CHHM is it the good one. What can I do to have the good theme in 3ds theme editor?

Sorry for my bad english

EDIT: Works good with YATA!

Last edited by Timmerito,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!
This tools allows you to view/edit "body_LZ.bin" files, that contains 3DS theme data.
It has a tiny simulator inside, to have a little preview of your work.
I also implemented some little tools to let you edit the icon and the description of your theme, and also tryed to fix the USA compatibility.
The tools is now updated to the new, more complete, 3dbrew documentation, so it can view more data and some bugs are fixed.
Inside there is a simple model of a Kingdom Hearts theme i tryed to create.

Usage:
File->Open = You can open any body_LZ.bin, compressed or decompressed.
File->Save = Save your new body_LZ.bin
File->Export = This exports the currently viewed picture in BMP format, you choose the path
File->Import = This lets you import any image in BMP format and replace it to the currently viewed one
Sound->Import/Export CWAV = Not supported yet :/
Background Music = Check/uncheck this if you want/don't want bgm in your theme
Simulator = Gives you a little preview of the theme

Just edit all the data you want and open the batch script of your region. For now just EUR and USA are supported.

Requirements:
Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0
It can hang if it stays in folders with spaces in their name, so be sure to not have spaces in the tool's path.

Issues:
The current CIA generated is known to not be installed in GW emunand, of any version. I'm currently trying to understand how to avoid this. My theory is that GW implements some checks, since i didn't patch anything strange in my CFW, and i can run this withouth problems. So for this is just useful to edit and create, not to play. Hoping to solve this soon.
Also, this should replace the "Completely Mario" theme.

[v1.1] Download here!

Have fun!
Can you post the source code on Github?

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I installed a theme using this tool on my n3ds 9.5 emunand but it froze and now I can't access to my emunand . It freezes right after i launch into emunand. how can i fix this? It worked ok with other themes.

Edit : I fixed the problem following these steps.

Search for "Nintendo 3DS\<ID0>\<ID1>\extdata\00000000\000002ce" on your SD card
(last one can be 000002cd or 000002cc, depending on your region). Just delete that extdata folder (only 000002ce, not the whole extdata) to clear themes cache.

Last edited by kheldar,

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think you have to restore the original files (that you should have made a backup of). I'm pretty sure there was also another way, but I can't remember.

Bynniock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried using this tool with the european shovel knight launch theme.
It would be really cool if people could make themes that work like this one, but this program doesn't seem to be compatible with it. Any hope for one to ever be?

VultureCulture

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
I am encountering a problem where the Theme Editor crashes when I try to open the body_LZ.bin file provided to make my own custom theme. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance

DerEineee

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i want to open a body_LZ.bin a error appears which say : Unhandled exeption has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignor this error an attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Could someone help me please?

Greetings from germany! NEIN!

Sheikah Impa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get "3DS_ThemeEditor.exe has stopped working!" every time I try to open a file. I've tried opening the program as administrator and changing comparability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Did they make a tomb raider for N64?