Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Okkk so, trying to update didnt go well, i cant even launch the internet browser, and even the setting ''update console'' didnt launch, the settings just freeze..
But if the CSND services have ben desinstalled, why would i still get soumd on my console?

Anyway, i guess my only choice will be to hardmod it again and reinject my nand..:grog:..

i still dont understand how sunshell could brick my 3ds..i mean, i understand the risk by fiddling with cias, but like Rinne said, i would have had a prompt message before it actually does any change..

Not sure it changes anything, but when i test stuff in sunshell, i frequently take screenshots, so is it possible that using the L button while in cia manager cancels the message prompt or something? because when i went into the manager, i took a screenshot, and right before pressing A on CSND i took a screenshot, and once i pressed A, it immediatly rebooted, letting me an unsable console..
Maybe it could be usefull to look a bit deeper into the issues to make sure other users wont brick their console?

When i said force a system update, i meant booting your 3DS in Recovery Mode while holding L+R+A+↑.
Anyway, probably you get Sound cause system uses DSP service instead of CSND or maybe you deleted another module (Controls not working so maybe HID?)

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah i see..
And for the controls, its only the button 'A' when launching a game..but i can launch the game by touching the screen..but anyway, the games wont even start so..
And i didnt delete any other stuff since like i said, it rebooted right after pressing on CSND..anyway.. dont mather since i will re-inject the nand soon i guess..

Oh and i just want to add, that i'm not blaming you are anything, i love sunshell, and love testing it, so its part of the game..anyway, thanks for your time and keep up the good work Rinne. :moogle:

Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Ah i see..
And for the controls, its only the button 'A' when launching a game..but i can launch the game by touching the screen..but anyway, the games wont even start so..
And i didnt delete any other stuff since like i said, it rebooted right after pressing on CSND..anyway.. dont mather since i will re-inject the nand soon i guess..

Oh and i just want to add, that i'm not blaming you are anything, i love sunshell, and love testing it, so its part of the game..anyway, thanks for your time and keep up the good work Rinne. :moogle:

I'll add another popup system in next release (probably i'll make a fast release cause it's a dangerous bug), sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your tests :)

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..thanks for the tip about forcing the update thru recovery..it worked perfectly! So now, i updated to 9.7 and everything is fixed, for now i wont be able to use homebrews, but my nand backup was 9.0.0-20 so when i'il re-inject it, i will be able to use homebrews again...whats funny, is that since i already was using a custom theme i made, now that i cant use homebrew anymore i atleast still have my custom theme installed :P
..curiosity:does any nand manager works for the latest update? (devmenu,gateway menu,etc..)

Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't work for me for some reason.
Tried both installing the .cia and using the .3ds, with both I get a black screen and forced to turn reboot.
Emunand is on 9.5.0-23(J) if it matters.

EDIT: nvm, just read the readme lol.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just installed 0.3 which I'm assuming is the latest version. When using the .cia version I get a weird flickering on 1/2 of the top screen. This doesn't happen with the .3dsx. This has happened since the first release. What could be causing this?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I just installed 0.3 which I'm assuming is the latest version. When using the .cia version I get a weird flickering on 1/2 of the top screen. This doesn't happen with the .3dsx. This has happened since the first release. What could be causing this?

Known issue, don't know what could cause it. :/

marc00077

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Ok so now i have followed the steps and done and redone what the readme file says, and I'm getting an strange error. It says
Error: [string "?"]:9: Error loading image
And then it lets me restart exit or enable ftp server. Does somebody know why?
(EUR old 3ds, 9.2.0-E, .3dsx)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
-- Open config file and system files
dofile("/config.sun")
theme_dir = main_dir.."/themes/"..theme
bg = Screen.loadImage(theme_dir.."/images/bg.jpg")

This is the line 9.
As you can see, at Sunshell startup, interpreter loads config.sun file to load main_dir and theme variables.
If you leaved them as default you'll have

main_dir = "/3ds/Sunshell"
theme = "Default"
theme_dir = "/3ds/Sunshell/themes/Default"
bg = "/3ds/Sunshell/themes/Default/images/bg.jpg"

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who has at least 2 consoles for testing IrDA protocool?
I think this is your second time asking, so I'll volunteer, but I'm only able to run the 3ds/cia version.

btw, I also had the "confirm" popup not show up while mucking down in the sysnand cias (over a month ago). I clicked 'a', and then the screens went black (I think a glitch appeared on top screen), and I restarted. I thought I maybe broke something, but whatever got deleted (if anything), it must have been inconsequential. Just reporting to let you know the "no confirm dialog" might be a thing.

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I havent moved it from its default path, the default theme is in sdcard/sunshell/themes...
But this is not the right directory..the right one would be:
SDcard/3ds/sunshell/themes...
Anyway, it works for everyone so dont worry, you'il be able to launch it, just take your time and do exactly how it says in the readme and you should be fine :)
Good luck.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I think this is your second time asking, so I'll volunteer, but I'm only able to run the 3ds/cia version.

btw, I also had the "confirm" popup not show up while mucking down in the sysnand cias (over a month ago). I clicked 'a', and then the screens went black (I think a glitch appeared on top screen), and I restarted. I thought I maybe broke something, but whatever got deleted (if anything), it must have been inconsequential. Just reporting to let you know the "no confirm dialog" might be a thing.

Should be fine, i'll prepare a little test and send you with a PM.

Chrisser_75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a possibilityto implement a weather app / widget with Yahoo Weather? :)

E.G.
- The evaluation is performed by a web server: Output = Contition Code
- The 3DS get the condition code via internet connection
- The recion code / ZIP Code for the country / city could set in the config file of sunshell.?
- Sunshell has a "if / case"- query to show the right img rom Sunshell dir: e.g. the 3DS gets the contitioncode 16, so Sunshell looks for picture nr. 16 and the accompanying description (in this case its "snow" to show it on the screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show