Homebrew [Release] Sunshell - A powerfull shell for 3DS

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Diagonal screen flickering is a common issue only for 3DS/CIA builds. I'm trying to find the problem from v.0.1 without success.
** Okay. Seems like a difficult issue.
* Calc needs to be improved, i'll take your reports as ideas for its improvement.
** If you need more ideas, there are some calculator reviews by numberphile which are pretty good.
* (ALL FTP RELATED ISSUES) Try to download ftPony and see if you have the same issues.
I used ftPony once, and it wasn't very good; I think I got the copy that smea said he threw together in one day for his own personal use, though. ftBrony has no problems with ftp on my devices, except occasionally failing to finish transferring very large files. It doesn't have the issues sunshell's ftp has on my devices.
* Can you send me the OGG files which cause this bug?
** Sure, go to http://benbriggs.net/album/fearless-living , enter "$0" for free download, ask for .ogg files, and listen to any of the songs (I recommend track 9, loopy fruits, but they all have the issue). You'll notice the skipping, I think. These are 192kbps ogg files.
* To use Music module in background just press SELECT to return Main Menu and not B.
** Cool. :)
* IP Address is correctly recognized only during FTP, probably i'll deprecate this info in Console Info module.
** Sounds good, or use the FTP method.
* When you close the lid and re-open it, removing and re-inserting the SD card should fix black screen issue but, when you try to move to another module, you'll get a crash. Can you confirm me this?
I tried this on O3DS with Sunshell v.0.1 (haven't updated over there, but easier to remove SD card than on New3DS), and I can confirm that the screen recovers when you remove the sd card. Usually, though, it'll go black after a brief flash of sunshell and say on lower screen: "An error has occured. Hold down the power button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com". One time I didn't get that error, and like you said, if you try to move to another module, it crashes.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
What do you intend with "will it boot after power down just like CHMM?"
CIA support????

Anyway, seems there are issues with netsons hosting refresh so i finally decided to migrate to a new private hosting.
Version is 0.3 NOT 0.2 BETA so wait for netsons update (or if i finish first, wait for new hosting).

With the boot thing.. Do we have to start sunshell from ninjhax every time? Or once installed will sunshell start when we boot the 3ds?

With the CIA thing... I just wanted to play CIA backups from ninjhax ;)

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
With the boot thing.. Do we have to start sunshell from ninjhax every time? Or once installed will sunshell start when we boot the 3ds?

With the CIA thing... I just wanted to play CIA backups from ninjhax ;)

You have to start it everytime, it's not an autoboot homemenu replacement(I assume that's what you're asking?)
You can boot CIAs... just not when you use sunshell via ninjhax unless if it's a legit cia. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Reactions: SLiV3R

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
You have to start it everytime, it's not an autoboot homemenu replacement(I assume that's what you're asking?)
You can boot CIAs... just not when you use sunshell via ninjhax unless if it's a legit cia. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Completely right ;)

I tried a cool thing and seen that it runs cool so probably vid2jpgv (and Sunshell) will recently receive another update which bring 3D support for videos.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to launch .3DSX files though this app? It would be very useful for the CIA build if you could.
Yeah, whoever managed to pull that off would desegment the 3ds homebrew community. Right now though, it just says "This feature is only available in the 3dsx version of sunshell". I think I vaguely remember smea saying that it wasn't very possible, but I could be making that up.

Reactions: Idaho

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last.fm support please. :(

Though this would be cool, I'm not sure how much they DRM and tie down their streams, so it might not be a very easy request....

EDIT:It does look like they have an open API, so this might be doable through that (maybe as a module if someone cares to tackle it)?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, whoever managed to pull that off would desegment the 3ds homebrew community. Right now though, it just says "This feature is only available in the 3dsx version of sunshell". I think I vaguely remember smea saying that it wasn't very possible, but I could be making that up.

CIA/3DS builds have no access to hb service (which is set up by Ninjhax) which is used to launch 3DSX homebrews.

Though this would be cool, I'm not sure how much they DRM and tie down their streams, so it might not be a very easy request....

EDIT:It does look like they have an open API, so this might be doable through that (maybe as a module if someone cares to tackle it)?

Don't know what last.fm is.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rinnegatamante thanks so much for making Sunshell it's awesome :)

Just got a question though. I'm using the CIA build of Sunshell but when I go to 'Applications' I can't launch the cartridge I have inserted, it gives me a black screen error with white text

Any ideas?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Rinnegatamante thanks so much for making Sunshell it's awesome :)

Just got a question though. I'm using the CIA build of Sunshell but when I go to 'Applications' I can't launch the cartridge I have inserted, it gives me a black screen error with white text

Any ideas?

What says the text?

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rinne, i've got a problem..
With the latest version, i tried the cia manager, once inside, almost everything was symbols, but one was CSND, i pressed it and it immediatly went back to the menu, and it did not show a confirm prompt message, as you said in a previous pm.. but now the problems that happened right after the reboot are:
-i cant launch any games anymore, when i try to launch a game, it loads indefinitly...
-in the main menu (3ds's user interface..) i cannot use the butons anymore, like, it does nothing when pressing A on an icon..
-when i press the home button, usually it display a screen saying that if i press a second time it will shutdown, but now when i press the home key, the screens become black and it hangs there..

All this hapened right after what i told you, without doing anything else..i dont know why all this happened but i hope you'il be able to help me, because since the last testing of sunshell, my n3ds is now unusable..
Thanks for your time. B-)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Rinne, i've got a problem..
With the latest version, i tried the cia manager, once inside, almost everything was symbols, but one was CSND, i pressed it and it immediatly went back to the menu, and it did not show a confirm prompt message, as you said in a previous pm.. but now the problems that happened right after the reboot are:
-i cant launch any games anymore, when i try to launch a game, it loads indefinitly...
-in the main menu (3ds's user interface..) i cannot use the butons anymore, like, it does nothing when pressing A on an icon..
-when i press the home button, usually it display a screen saying that if i press a second time it will shutdown, but now when i press the home key, the screens become black and it hangs there..

All this hapened right after what i told you, without doing anything else..i dont know why all this happened but i hope you'il be able to help me, because since the last testing of sunshell, my n3ds is now unusable..
Thanks for your time. B-)

Impossible that it doesn't shown you a confirm popup. Anyway, it seems you uninstalled a module, probably CSND. If you can't launch anything, you can't use nothing to fix it (FBI / BGRM / devMenu).
You can try to fix it in two ways:
- Flashing a nand backup (Need an hardmod)
- Forcing a system update (It probably restore CSND module).

Don't know if there are any other ways to fix it, try to ask in Flashcards & Custom Firmwares section.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well it didnt show any popup at all (believe me, when i test stuff i'm extremely attentive to everything..), i pressed once, and right after, it rebooted to the menu..anyway, i guess i'il restore my nand when i'il have the time to re-hardmod it again... that sux...
Anyway, thanks for your time..

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it didnt show any popup at all (believe me, when i test stuff i'm extremely attentive to everything..), i pressed once, and right after, it rebooted to the menu..anyway, i guess i'il restore my nand when i'il have the time to re-hardmod it again... that sux...
Anyway, thanks for your time..
If you can boot browser exploit still, gateway menu supports sysnand restore.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okkk so, trying to update didnt go well, i cant even launch the internet browser, and even the setting ''update console'' didnt launch, the settings just freeze..
But if the CSND services have ben desinstalled, why would i still get soumd on my console?

Anyway, i guess my only choice will be to hardmod it again and reinject my nand..:grog:..

i still dont understand how sunshell could brick my 3ds..i mean, i understand the risk by fiddling with cias, but like Rinne said, i would have had a prompt message before it actually does any change..

Not sure it changes anything, but when i test stuff in sunshell, i frequently take screenshots, so is it possible that using the L button while in cia manager cancels the message prompt or something? because when i went into the manager, i took a screenshot, and right before pressing A on CSND i took a screenshot, and once i pressed A, it immediatly rebooted, letting me an unsable console..
Maybe it could be usefull to look a bit deeper into the issues to make sure other users wont brick their console?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a