ROM Hack [RELEASE] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - Hamtaro & Cheburashka Restoration Patch

princesssquib

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I'm super duper new to any changing/hacking of my 3ds. I finally was able to successfully install LUMA yesterday (with a few bumps and bruises along the way), and now I’m stuck trying to find a Japanese version of the game.

Is it something I can buy from the 3DS store?

Am I supposed to find a physical copy (if so, can anyone suggest a site other than ebay)?

I’m not asking for someone to send me a free download, just point me in the direction I can actually buy it legally. I’m having no luck, and I’m getting super frustrated. :(

Thanks a bunch!

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

I'm super duper new to any changing/hacking of my 3ds. I finally was able to successfully install LUMA yesterday (with a few bumps and bruises along the way), and now I’m stuck trying to find a Japanese version of the game.

Is it something I can buy from the 3DS store?

Am I supposed to find a physical copy (if so, can anyone suggest a site other than ebay)?

I’m not asking for someone to send me a free download, just point me in the direction I can actually buy it legally. I’m having no luck, and I’m getting super frustrated. :(

Thanks a bunch!
Can't be asking for warez buddy. Best bet is to find a copy OK eBay or a Japanese site.
But why would you want a a Japanese copy for when this patch is for the us copy?

princesssquib

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't be asking for warez buddy. Best bet is to find a copy OK eBay or a Japanese site.
But why would you want a a Japanese copy for when this patch is for the us copy?
Sorry!

I'm not asking for a download link. I'm just wondering if I need to buy the physical copy of the game to pull the files? Or if I can buy it straight from the 3DS store? I have the US copy (that came with the small capybara plush) that I bought from gamestop.

I'm not familiar with the process whatsoever, so I was just looking for some clarification.

According to this post I need the updated japanese copy of the game in order to pull the files. I would assume that would mean I need a physical copy? If not, did I misread?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

princesssquib

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ubergeek77 Could you clarify please?

I also noticed in the other HM: ToT True Love thread, someone may have found a fix for the mushroom issue? Is it possible to have both this patch and the other simultaneously?

Planchoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found some "......" lines when trying to get Cheburashka from Dessie and therefore I can't get him. It seems like an issue that would have been noticed by now so I suppose it's my doing. I have both this mod and the TLE one, but I didn't install that one the normal way.
here is my process:
I had the game modded previously with the TLE 4.2 but no Hamtaro patch, so I put that on first then took that and instead of using the update cia I patched it manually by dragging and dropping the files on the base game and it worked. I got Hamtaro without problems and triggered Cheburashka's introduction just fine but as I was going to talk to Dessie to get him, all of the dialog options that normally weren't there when you talk to Dessie were "......".
It goes more or less like this:
1.*talk to Dessie*
2. Normal daily dialoge
3. "......."
4. (options appear)
1- "......."
2- "......."
3- "Nothing"​
[picks 1]: Normal dialoge about network
[picks 2]: (more options appear)
A- "......."
B- "......."​
[picks 3]: (conversation ceases)
[picks A]: "......" x2 and I'm returned to 4.
[picks B]: Exactly like A
I'm not sure I haven been completely exact but you need my save anyway.
The second save slot is some days before triggering the Cheburashka cutscene if that helps at all. Thank you and sorry if all of this is some dumb error I caused.

Attachments

• 3ot-ChebuError.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by Planchoa,

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue using this with TLE version 5.0; all dialogue in Kushi-Kushi Heke event is "...." and the game crashes when Dessie and Witchie appear.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hamtaro is in the EUR version? if it is not, you can make the patch work in the EUR version? @ubergeek77
Thank you so much.
Hi there,

Unfortunately, I was not able to get this working on the European version the last time I tried. I'm sure it's possible, but the internal layout of the European version is really weird, as there is a separate version of just about everything due to the multiple different languages present in the European version. In addition to that, if I were to make a European version, I would only want to make a release if I had translations for every language ready to go.

I'm also ridiculously busy with work at the moment, so I can't sit down and address all of these concerns at the moment, as much as I would like to.

Hopefully once work calms down, I'll be able to come back to this.

While I'm here, if you're getting the weird crash dealing with Mushroom Logs, it's due to an incompatibility with LayeredFS. For some reason, LayeredFS doesn't overlay a file when it should, causing a crash. This explains why I was unable to fix it after literally over a year - my replaced files are fine, they just aren't being loaded correctly. The fix, figured out by the user Silrae, is to skip LayeredFS altogether, and just copy all the necessary replaced files into the 1.1 update .cia. I don't physically have any of my build tools on me at the moment, but that's the fix for it. If anyone can provide me with a fixed xdelta patch/procedure that produces this fixed .cia (remember, no copyrighted content!), I will gladly add it to the original post for the community to enjoy. If that doesn't happen until I am able to return to this, I will look in to fixing it myself.

Reactions: Kriemhild Gretchen

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there,

Unfortunately, I was not able to get this working on the European version the last time I tried. I'm sure it's possible, but the internal layout of the European version is really weird, as there is a separate version of just about everything due to the multiple different languages present in the European version. In addition to that, if I were to make a European version, I would only want to make a release if I had translations for every language ready to go.

I'm also ridiculously busy with work at the moment, so I can't sit down and address all of these concerns at the moment, as much as I would like to.

Hopefully once work calms down, I'll be able to come back to this.

While I'm here, if you're getting the weird crash dealing with Mushroom Logs, it's due to an incompatibility with LayeredFS. For some reason, LayeredFS doesn't overlay a file when it should, causing a crash. This explains why I was unable to fix it after literally over a year - my replaced files are fine, they just aren't being loaded correctly. The fix, figured out by the user Silrae, is to skip LayeredFS altogether, and just copy all the necessary replaced files into the 1.1 update .cia. I don't physically have any of my build tools on me at the moment, but that's the fix for it. If anyone can provide me with a fixed xdelta patch/procedure that produces this fixed .cia (remember, no copyrighted content!), I will gladly add it to the original post for the community to enjoy. If that doesn't happen until I am able to return to this, I will look in to fixing it myself.
I would love to see if they translated into Spanish the Hamtaro lines.

Ping me if in the future you can look at the files please.

Thank you for your work.

Reactions: Kriemhild Gretchen

yungjoestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo not necessarily sure if this is a issue with the patch or not, just hoping to gain some insight / help. MC Stephanie won’t prompt / invite me to join the festival on festival days. I’ll come to her on time, and everything. And she’ll just talk to me normally, not giving me an option or prompting to join the festival happening that day. Not sure what to do, or what I’m doing wrong. Thanks I’m advance!

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I check Eur version and all files can be moved from USA to EUR, only Msg.xbb overwrite cause troubles.
There menu, ui and some events for sure. Used harvest moon unpacker to check, but how fix it I dunno.
I repack some data in Msg.xbb and build cia update with it, game messages and text become like in USA and even menu partly become as USA (text in homescreen, where name of game shown). xD But there no option for dlc to choose. :)
Hope somebody would check it in far-far future as me xD

Last edited by k7ra,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.