OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
March 15th, 2016: SocketPunch mod v0.8
Standard multiplatform JAR
Native EXE Installer for Windows
  • Transfer speed improved (should be quicker, or at least more stable). This hasn't been tested thoroughly. Please, help me test this if you have some spare time.
  • Added checkbox for clearing files from queue list when transferred successfully.

Reactions: qlm2009 and TecXero

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It would be really great if some of you could test this last version. I tested it a bit, and got stable 1,000 KB/s, when I usually got around 600-700 KB/s in past versions.

Still, maybe I was just lucky and my network didn't have many connected devices. However, what I added to the code, should in theory, speed up the transfers and make them more stable, even if it's just a little bit.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd test it but my results wouldn't matter much. I'm visiting family in another state and using my crappy laptop on their crappy wifi.
Don't worry. It's okay. Although, it would be cool if you could try in that wifi, to check the mid-slower speed one should hope. :)

Thanks for commenting!

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got 800KB/s and didn't have any issues.
Okay, thanks! I wonder how much you'd get on your improved network. I remember you shared 1,400 KB/s results.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

d

Same. Highest is 900KB/s for me
Thanks for sharing. No differences from before? Was it slower this time?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A little stable then before
Okay. I'll study a little bit more to see if I'm able to get it to get Filezilla's transfer speeds (when transferring to the FTP 3DS app). at least 1.5 MB/s 2MB/s.

Thanks again!

Yeah, though that was it optimized for a single client using the 802.11g standard. I wouldn't consider that an every day situation.
That's understandable. I usually doesn't transfer using FTP, for example, but still people comments getting 1.5 - 2 MB/s with the 3DS app. I think improving speed even more could require FBI tweaking? I'll try to get the better speeds from the client side, at least.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: TecXero

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
March 16th, 2016: SocketPunch MOD v0.9
  • Disabled option for deleting files when transferred. This is just temporary for this release, since there was a bug that tried to send the same file twice. Will be fixed for next update.
  • Spanish language added. Just select it from the "Change Language" option. You need to restart the app when changing languages.
  • Anyone can help translate the app now to their favorite language! Just translate the sample.txt file as explained below. You can share the TXT file with me once your translation is finished if you want, so I can add it to the package and everyone can enjoy it.

How to translate and test to your preferred language
    1. Download and start the SocketcketPunch MOD v0.9 app in your preferred distribution.
    2. Download this sample.txt file.
    3. Open and edit the sample.txt file. It should look like this:

View attachment 42645

4. If you have problems viewing the file correctly, I recommend using Notepad++ to edit it if you're a Windows user. Mac and Linux users shouldn't have any problem opening it on their default text viewers.
    5. Translate all the lines to the language you want to. Let the part before the "=" the way it is, just change the text at the right side. Also, please note that in some lines you'll find three points together like this "...", those represent the place where runtime info (time, data size) will go, please don't remove then, but you can change them of place so that it makes sense with the language you us. Edit like in this example:

View attachment 42646

6. Now test your text file in the app! You can rename the sample.txt file to anything else you want (french.txt for example), just don't change the extension (leave it on .txt). Then click in the upper-left button (with the menu icon).

View attachment 42647

7. Press on the "Import language" option from the context menu that appeared. A file chooser will appear. Select the sample.txt file from the previous steps (or whatever name you changed it to, it just has to be a .txt extension file).

View attachment 42648

8. Click again the button in the upper-left corner. This time, press the "Change language" option.

View attachment 42649

9. Your TXT file will be in the available languages list. Select it and click the "CHANGE" button in the right-bottom corner of the dialog.

View attachment 42650

10. That's all! Now, simply close and then start the app again. It will load the text data you edited in the text file.

11. You can use it for yourself, or share it with me so I add it to the JAR package, this way it'll available to everyone who downloads the app. Please help me get as many languages as possible! Thank you so much for reading until the very end.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem with 0.5 and 0.7 respectively, is that they never install all cia's in the queue. It will always only install the top cia, leaving the rest uninstalled. 0.7 helped me because I can manually delete individually completed cia's on the list, then punch the next one, repeat until all cia's are done.

I'd expect all the cia's on the list to install back to back. Also I don't like to punch, when there's an already completed cia on the list because it will try to install again. I think you mentioned this in 0.9.

But once again I'm loving the work on this, I recommended it on Reddit and several users were happy about this!

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My problem with 0.5 and 0.7 respectively, is that they never install all cia's in the queue. It will always only install the top cia, leaving the rest uninstalled. 0.7 helped me because I can manually delete individually completed cia's on the list, then punch the next one, repeat until all cia's are done.

I'd expect all the cia's on the list to install back to back. Also I don't like to punch, when there's an already completed cia on the list because it will try to install again. I think you mentioned this in 0.9.

But once again I'm loving the work on this, I recommended it on Reddit and several users were happy about this!
Yes, I just found the bug you commented before.

I'll try improve my code for looping through the files in the queue, so that punching only installs not 100% files, and fix the option for deleting when the file complete its transferring work. I've noted several issues with it so far, but that was after a lot of tests, and I wanted to start asking people to help me translate the few lines of text the app uses, so I released v0.9 without addressing those problems. I'll do it for the next update.

I'll try to clean the code a bit too, that always help to fix bugs I didn't even know where there.

Thanks for commenting!

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@Olmectron , tks a lot for your update!
I tried to translate it into Simple Chinese.
Everything looks good except the app title.
As you see in the attached snapshot, it always display "Error reading language".
It's really weird since I didn't change anything about this filed.

BTW, the translated txt must be encoded in UTF-8. Otherwise the display of Chinese character is a mess.

So could you pls have a look at my issue?
Thank you in advance.

edit: fixed some errors in chs.txt and uploaded it again

Attachments

• s1.png
    s1.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 323
  • s2.png
    s2.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 327
  • s3.png
    s3.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 235
  • chs.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 320
Last edited by qlm2009,
Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As you see in the attached snapshot, it always display "Error reading language".

BTW, the translated txt must be encoded in UTF-8. Otherwise the display of Chinese character is a mess.

Thank you in advance.

I'll fix it, thanks for commenting! Not sure what the issue is, but I think it isn't hard to fix.

Thanks again!

Reactions: qlm2009

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
March 17th, 2016: SocketPunch MOD v1.0

• Re-enabled the option for removing files from the queue after being transferred. It should work as expected now.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the queue to be transferred completely (it tried to send the same file many times).
  • Now you can select between clearing the whole queue, or removing only completed files from the list, when you use the icon button with a trash can icon.
  • Added button for resetting the queue transfer progress to zero.
  • The files at 100% progress transfer are ignored if they're still in the list when you punch again!
  • Added option for exporting language files. This is useful for people who wants to translate it.

Thank you in advance.

I fixed the issue, @qlm2009

I added some lines of text, too, since some other features were added. Since you had already translated everything, you can use the new "Export language" option, it's right below the "Import language" option. With export language option, if you export your chinese text file, you'll get the same translation you already had, plus the new lines of text that were added. They won't be ordered, though, but you can easily find the new lines between the already translated ones.

Thanks for commenting!

Oh, and please let me know if I can use your chinese translation and add it to the package. Thanks!

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
March 17th, 2016: SocketPunch MOD v1.0

• Re-enabled the option for removing files from the queue after being transferred. It should work as expected now.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the queue to be transferred completely (it tried to send the same file many times).
  • Now you can select between clearing the whole queue, or removing only completed files from the list, when you use the icon button with a trash can icon.
  • Added button for resetting the queue transfer progress to zero.
  • The files at 100% progress transfer are ignored if they're still in the list when you punch again!
  • Added option for exporting language files. This is useful for people who wants to translate it.

I fixed the issue, @qlm2009

I added some lines of text, too, since some other features were added. Since you had already translated everything, you can use the new "Export language" option, it's right below the "Import language" option. With export language option, if you export your chinese text file, you'll get the same translation you already had, plus the new lines of text that were added. They won't be ordered, though, but you can easily find the new lines between the already translated ones.

Thanks for commenting!

Oh, and please let me know if I can use your chinese translation and add it to the package. Thanks!
Yes, no problem.:)
I just need some time to do the translation for the new stuffs.
And I also want to do some tests on my 3DS. (just to avoid some mistake or misunderstanding by me )

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@Olmectron
My translation was done.
It looks good from my point of view.

But there're two items which I doubted.

successful_console=Success! ... sent in ... minutes at average ...KB/s
failed_console=Failed at ...mb of ...mb @ ...%

Because I can not find them on my screen.
Could you pls give me some more explanations (or the usage) about them?
Thank you!

Attachments

• s1.png
    s1.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 284
  • s2.png
    s2.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 277
  • chs.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 325

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum