Homebrew [Release] SocketPunch - FBI network CIA installer for Android & PC

McGuim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm adding that for the next update. Forgot to put it.
Thats already amazing in that build, and i thank u for the great work bro. Would be wonderful to have endless tries too.

I hope you understande what i have written, i have not mastered English well. T_T

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thats already amazing in that build, and i thank u for the great work bro. Would be wonderful to have endless tries too.

I hope you understande what i have written, i have not mastered English well. T_T
Don't worry, it was all very understandable. Thanks for commenting!

FromageSword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there, any advice for transfering big files? for some reason it always disconnects.

Any settings I can/should change?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get 500 kbps up to 850 kbps write speed with this, which is great. But I wonder what the write speed is like in FBI if you install the cia manually without Socketpunch.

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Could someone help me, i've trouble connecting FBI to my wifi (offline) it always says failed to initialize socket when i press Y.
But when i connected it online it works and have no trouble sending CIAs to FBI. (i'm using FBI mod that wjchen made)

ghurk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought i'd leave a post for anyone that might be having a similar issue.

There's a couple of comments in this thread about the misaligned size error but unfortunately they didn't help me. I think it's more to do with my network than FBI or SocketPunch though. As an alternative i'm using ftBrony II Turbo 2.1 to receive files via WiFi using Filezilla on my desktop.

This works perfectly with transfer speeds peaking at 1.8MB/s. It means going back into FBI to install the .cia but that's okay. I think my problem comes from the transfer occasionally freezing. FBI would throw up the misaligned size error immediately where as Filezilla pauses for a moment and then continues.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just 8 gb sir and i don't know why i can't run your .jar , nothing happen again i already installed java
Could you please try to run it via command line?

Open CMD, go to the directory with the JAR file and write "java -jar SocketPunch.jar", change "SocketPunch.jar" for whatever the jar is called.

It would be great if you could post a screenshot of what the CMD prints.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
March 8th, 2016: SocketPunch mod v0.6 and Source Code released
Standard multiplatform JAR
Native EXE Installer for Windows
GitHub Repository with source code
  • Added option to delete only one item from the queue. Make a secondary (right) click on the item you want to delete from the list.
  • Source code released. I didn't clean it at all, it's messed up a lot. Click here.
Remember to use the recommended FBI build from @wjchen . Download it here. It should solve the problem with bigger files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could you please try with the latest release I just posted, please? If that one still doesn't work, please let me know.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: Fabbbrrr

nukzahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
March 8th, 2016: SocketPunch mod v0.6 and Source Code released
Standard multiplatform JAR
Native EXE Installer for Windows
GitHub Repository with source code
  • Added option to delete only one item from the queue. Make a secondary (right) click on the item you want to delete from the list.
  • Source code released. I didn't clean it at all, it's messed up a lot. Click here.
Remember to use the recommended FBI build from @wjchen . Download it here. It should solve the problem with bigger files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could you please try with the latest release I just posted, please? If that one still doesn't work, please let me know.

I installed but can't find EXE

nukzahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Look for it writing SocketPunch in the search field next to Windows Start button in the bottom-left corner.

Got it and run it administrator or reinstall still nothing happen

Maybe it is because of my PC

Thank a lot for your helping sir ^___^ I love international board

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Got it and run it administrator or reinstall still nothing happen

Maybe it is because of my PC

Thank a lot for your helping sir ^___^ I love international board
It's really strange that it doesn't work... I'll let you know if I think about something for fixing the Native EXE.

But, could you try running the JAR version one last time, please? From the CMD, java -jar socketpunch.jar (change socketpunch.jar with the jar's name).

And make sure you have the latest java installed (for the JAR version), right now it's Java 8 Update 73. https://www.java.com/es/download/

Th3Zephyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is super useful, i get about 300KB/s wich is a little slow for a big cia, but hey, better than remove the whole back every damn time! Thank you!

Reactions: Olmectron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo