Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you manage to inject FBI?
I used a file that i'd already injected for my own n3ds that I'd put on the cloud. I guess you could count that as cheating but as I didn't have to do it for that DS i just didn't think about that

(i have premade kits at this point that I can basically do drag-drop operations to setup emunand/a9lh in minimal time, now it's just writing the readme's)

solarnoise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, got a bug to report for 1.2.1 beta.

If the folder set to "lastdir" was deleted, the "Open CIA Files" button no longer opens the file browser. Drag-and-drop still works though.

Manually editing lastdir to an existing directory fixes the Open button.

Last edited by solarnoise,
Reactions: Olmectron

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm sorry but just have a doubt. I'm not getting the transfer speed as fast as it was before updating to v1.2 beta, and by that I mean that I don't even get 1 MB speed. It's just stuck on 300 KB/s. I have FBI 1.4.17 installed as the H&S and have the latest FBI as of this moment (2.3). I also installed the fbichenfix before installing the newest FBI (thus I don't know if that might be the cause of my slow speed). Either way, I would like to know if it is possible to fix that. Also, I was with the legacy mode.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm sorry but just have a doubt. I'm not getting the transfer speed as fast as it was before updating to v1.2 beta, and by that I mean that I don't even get 1 MB speed. It's just stuck on 300 KB/s. I have FBI 1.4.17 installed as the H&S and have the latest FBI as of this moment (2.3). I also installed the fbichenfix before installing the newest FBI (thus I don't know if that might be the cause of my slow speed). Either way, I would like to know if it is possible to fix that. Also, I was with the legacy mode.
Are you talking about the speed with Legacy Mode (FBI 1.4.17) or with the Newest Mode (FBI 2)?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In both [emoji20]
At least 10 people helped me testing, and using Legacy Mode with FBI 1.4.17 in the last release, got the same results as using an older version. Using FBI 2 and the Newest Mode is always slower, and usually everyone got between 300/500KB/s, while using the Legacy Mode, everyone got at least 1,100 KB/s

Could you test with an older release, please, and tell me if they work better with FBI 1.4.17? For example, 1.0.5. If you still get slow speeds with that, it could be a problem with your router, or interference.

Reactions: morrisonian

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
At least 10 people helped me testing, and using Legacy Mode with FBI 1.4.17 in the last release, got the same results as using an older version. Using FBI 2 and the Newest Mode is always slower, and usually everyone got between 300/500KB/s, while using the Legacy Mode, everyone got at least 1,100 KB/s

Could you test with an older release, please, and tell me if they work better with FBI 1.4.17? For example, 1.0.5. If you still get slow speeds with that, it could be a problem with your router, or interference.
Ok. I'll test with the release I had installed before. Thanks for your response. Btw should I just try reinstalling the wjchen's fix cia?

Reactions: Olmectron

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, just for being sure it's wjchen's.
I reinstalled v1.0.2 and it still is slow, so don't know what happened, because I was having like 700 KB/s and now it's just stuck at my average download speed (±300 KB/s), although it's slightly faster with the v1.0.2 than the newest (around 30 KB/s). What should I do in order to fix my problem? Also, I even reinstalled wjchen's fix. Should I change the buffer size?

Edit: Well I hadn't realized that the wjchen's fix installed another FBI 1.4.17 (which is not on my H&S). If I use that FBI, it works, but don't know why it doesn't work with the one on my H&S neither with the FBI 2.3, lol. Either way, I have 3 FBI's now hahaha. How do I make the one from H&S work?

Edit2: It also works with Socketpunch v.1.2.1-beta, just reinstalling wjchen's fix did the job. Although I don't want to have three FBIs', how do I make the one from my H&S work? I'm sorry I'm a nib LOL

Last edited by morrisonian,

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Socket Punch v1.2.5:
  • Fixed bug that prevented to send more than one file at in the same queue when using Newest Mode with FBI 2.
  • Fixed bug that didn't open the file chooser if your last opened directory was removed or deleted.
Note:There are some issues with language files right now. Method for loading strings will change for the next release, now it'll use XML files.

https://github.com/Olmectron/SocketPunch/releases/tag/v1.2.5

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I reinstalled v1.0.2 and it still is slow, so don't know what happened, because I was having like 700 KB/s and now it's just stuck at my average download speed (±300 KB/s), although it's slightly faster with the v1.0.2 than the newest (around 30 KB/s). What should I do in order to fix my problem? Also, I even reinstalled wjchen's fix. Should I change the buffer size?

Edit: Well I hadn't realized that the wjchen's fix installed another FBI 1.4.17 (which is not on my H&S). If I use that FBI, it works, but don't know why it doesn't work with the one on my H&S neither with the FBI 2.3, lol. Either way, I have 3 FBI's now hahaha. How do I make the one from H&S work?

Edit2: It also works with Socketpunch v.1.2.1-beta, just reinstalling wjchen's fix did the job. Although I don't want to have three FBIs', how do I make the one from my H&S work? I'm sorry I'm a nib LOL
Just re-inject with either FBI 2 or 1.4.17's wjchen's build. You can't have two injected at the same time. Personally, I injected wjchen's build into H&S and just installed FBI 2.3.0 as a CIA.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SocketPunch v1.2.5

FBI2.3.1 MAX speed 411K , can fix?
Will need to change buffer size and some other things in FBI's side. Even when using socket file, you get the same speeds 300KB/s -> 500KB/s.

Using wjchen's FBI build (linked in the post) and the "Legacy Mode" in SocketPunch gets easily around 1,100 KB/s.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Will need to change buffer size and some other things in FBI's side. Even when using socket file, you get the same speeds 300KB/s -> 500KB/s.

Using wjchen's FBI build (linked in the post) and the "Legacy Mode" in SocketPunch gets easily around 1,100 KB/s.

@Olmectron
Thank you for this wonderful app

I started by using it today with FBI v2.3.0 and then switched to wjchen's FBI build to get more than double the original speed.
Here are some results for people to see the difference.

Cheers,

SocketPunch-v1.2.5.c3d79fb + FBI_v2.3.0 in Newest Mode.jpg SocketPunch-v1.2.5.c3d79fb + FBI-chen-fix4 in Legacy Mode.jpg

D

Deleted User

What buffer size would you suggest, along with other changes? Right now, installations use a 256 KiB buffer.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What buffer size would you suggest, along with other changes? Right now, installations use a 256 KiB buffer.
I don't know how, but @wjchen, if I remember correctly (his message is somewhere in this thread) said the only thing he changed in his build was the buffer size to 32KB.

Again, I don't know how a smaller buffer size could help the speed, but if he wasn't lying, it worked for the FBI 1.4.17 build he shared, since it increased speed very well compared to the original version, and fixed nearly completely the misalign issue.

And thanks for your comment, Steveice10!

Edit: These were his messages in the first pages. I was wrong, he didn't say it was the only thing he changed, but it seems like it.

My FBI build set the buf to 32. You can set buff size to any you like.
I think there is no deference if you set buff size than 32.

FBI official version use buff size is 128. I use 32 because someone use Old 3DS got out of resource error, so I reduce it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still no update to the android app when can we expect one???
Next Friday. As I stated before, I just got a lot of free time (yay, unemployed!), so I'm working on my projects one by one this week. Update for several new features to the Android version is to be released next Friday/Saturday.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: flow349

Da.t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Socketpunch downloaded the AppUpdater.jar file for v1.2.5 but after it closed it didn't seem to update and running it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Socketpunch downloaded the AppUpdater.jar file for v1.2.5 but after it closed it didn't seem to update and running it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong?
There could be something wrong with the update. I'll look into it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/nRspgWaF_K0?si=SKZ48aRDQyB7vpRH