Homebrew [Release] SocketPunch - FBI network CIA installer for Android & PC

Solo761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I found a bug in SocketPunch v1.2.1 beta, silly bug, but annoying :).

If you upload CIA from some folder, then after download is done I delete the folder, click on "Open CIA files" nothing happens, no file browse dialog, but in command prompt (if i start it with java.exe and not javaw.exe) I get

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Folder parameter must be a valid folder

So I guess the problem is that it doesn't have "fallback" what to do in case last used path is no longer available and if tries to use it by any means.

Maybe some if else is in order? :) Something like

Code:
if (new File(path).exists())
   jFileChooser.setCurrentDirectory(path);
else
   jFileChooser.setCurrentDirectory(new File(System.getProperty("user.home")));

I think it's best to go to user's home folder, as it should work crossplatform. Getting current folder of the JAR file is too much work for something that's just a failsafe.

Also, this happens even if you close SocketPunch GUI and start it again later it will remember last folder used, it won't default to some "safe" folder.

Last edited by Solo761,

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I found a bug in SocketPunch v1.2.1 beta, silly bug, but annoying :).

If you upload CIA from some folder, then after download is done I delete the folder, click on "Open CIA files" nothing happens, no file browse dialog, but in command prompt (if i start it with java.exe and not javaw.exe) I get

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Folder parameter must be a valid folder

So I guess the problem is that it doesn't have "fallback" what to do in case last used path is no longer available and if tries to use it by any means.

Maybe some if else is in order? :) Something like

Code:
if (new File(path).exists())
   jFileChooser.setCurrentDirectory(path);
else
   jFileChooser.setCurrentDirectory(new File(System.getProperty("user.home")));

I think it's best to go to user's home folder, as it should work crossplatform. Getting current folder of the JAR file is too much work for something that's just a failsafe.

Also, this happens even if you close SocketPunch GUI and start it again later it will remember last folder used, it won't default to some "safe" folder.
Alright. Thanks for commenting It. It was an issue since the very first version. I've just been lazy enough to not fixing It since then. :)

Thanks for commenting!

Xuefer

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm using FBI.cia 2.2.1 with SocketPunch Mod v1.2.1-beta (Windows)
Sendint 1.4G single file install just fine, but sending 2 files as small as 700kb lumaupdate_1.2.0.cia * 2 failed

in PC side

14/05/2016 - 12:52:06 - Failed at 0.7352905mb of 0.7352905mb @ 100.0%

14/05/2016 - 12:52:05 - Success! lumaupdate_1.2.0.cia sent in 0:01 minutes at average 399KB/s

14/05/2016 - 12:52:04 - Sending file with size of 0.74MB

14/05/2016 - 12:52:04 - Sending info for lumaupdate_1.2.0.cia

14/05/2016 - 12:52:01 - Sending info. Please wait.

in N3DSLL side:
Failed to install over the network
I/O Error: Connection reset by peer (104)

Xuefer

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
with FBI.cia 2.2.1 with SocketPunch Mod v1.2.1-beta (Windows)
i get 1034KB/s, which is 8Mbits/s. not sure if it's CPU bound or disk (sd) IO bound or network IO bound

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using FBI.cia 2.2.1 with SocketPunch Mod v1.2.1-beta (Windows)
Sendint 1.4G single file install just fine, but sending 2 files as small as 700kb lumaupdate_1.2.0.cia * 2 failed

in PC side

14/05/2016 - 12:52:06 - Failed at 0.7352905mb of 0.7352905mb @ 100.0%

14/05/2016 - 12:52:05 - Success! lumaupdate_1.2.0.cia sent in 0:01 minutes at average 399KB/s

14/05/2016 - 12:52:04 - Sending file with size of 0.74MB

14/05/2016 - 12:52:04 - Sending info for lumaupdate_1.2.0.cia

14/05/2016 - 12:52:01 - Sending info. Please wait.

in N3DSLL side:
Failed to install over the network
I/O Error: Connection reset by peer (104)
It's a bug which causes the Transfer to faik after the first install. I'll fix It for the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally an app for my Android that is actually useful and not full of add. Will definitely use it thank you!

Reactions: XRaTiX

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i mean its good but why would you want to put cias via your phone? its kinda useless
Well. There are Android and PC versions.

I happen to install sometimes small CIAs on my friends' consoles. I don't see anything wrong if it's possible to only carry my phone and not my heavy laptop (from 2001) for that purpose.

Last edited by Olmectron,

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i mean its good but why would you want to put cias via your phone? its kinda useless
I have managed to setup an emunand using ALMOST exclusively with my Kindle Fire after I managed to get Homebrew on the ds. My Android FTP Client and Socketpunch Android were my best friends.

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have managed to setup an emunand using ALMOST exclusively with my Kindle Fire after I managed to get Homebrew on the ds. My Android FTP Client and Socketpunch Android were my best friends.
Good to know!

I'm still working on an update for the Android version, by the way, but it'll be out later, due to work.

Thanks for commenting!

Reactions: flow349

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Good to know!

I'm still working on an update for the Android version, by the way, but it'll be out later, due to work.

Thanks for commenting!
To be perfectly honest, the android version's been more consistent than the computer version XD

I WOULD JUST LEAVE IT BE LMAO

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have the latest FBI and the Socketpunch v1.2.1-beta for Windows PC. I had the v1.0.2 before, and I used it quite well for the FBI 1.4.17 (which I still have as my H&S replacement) but for some reason, I'm unable to chain multiple files to my latest FBI v2.2.6. When the 2nd cia starts the FTP install, I get an error. But whenever I do the chain transfer on the legacy mode, I get no error at all. Was wondering if it was because I installed the FBIchenfix cia. Thanks in advance mates! (I'm sorry if this was already posted, nib here).

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the latest FBI and the Socketpunch v1.2.1-beta for Windows PC. I had the v1.0.2 before, and I used it quite well for the FBI 1.4.17 (which I still have as my H&S replacement) but for some reason, I'm unable to chain multiple files to my latest FBI v2.2.6. When the 2nd cia starts the FTP install, I get an error. But whenever I do the chain transfer on the legacy mode, I get no error at all. Was wondering if it was because I installed the FBIchenfix cia. Thanks in advance mates! (I'm sorry if this was already posted, nib here).
This is a problem with my code for working with the new FBI 2 protocol.

I fixed this some time ago, but hadn't been able to post a new release. I'll do it soon, since I'm getting some free days next week, and I'll probably have more time for my projects.

Thanks for asking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Geckos are the cutest.