ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Poyo_SSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WIIU's file structure is different but the process is the same. The WIIU's filestructure is actually infinitely easier to deal with. As you've already found, all fighter files are in the fighter's folder. The ACMD files to open are under fighter/[fighter]/script/animcmd/ and the animation file to open with view->parse aimations is under /fighter/[fighter]/motion/body/main.pac

After opening (file) \fighter\fox\script\animcmd\body\game.bin, the human-unfriendly commands pop up. When I open (parse animation) \fighter\fox\motion\body\main.pac, it gives me this error:

"Error reading animation file
: An item with the same key has already been added."

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After opening (file) \fighter\fox\script\animcmd\body\game.bin, the human-unfriendly commands pop up. When I open (parse animation) \fighter\fox\motion\body\main.pac, it gives me this error:

"Error reading animation file
: An item with the same key has already been added."

It's a known issue with the currently released version that some fighters will throw that error when parsing their animations. This has been fixed in internal builds and the fixes will be in the next ver. For now, you can get around this by parsing another characters animation file.

Poyo_SSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a known issue with the currently released version that some fighters will throw that error when parsing their animations. This has been fixed in internal builds and the fixes will be in the next ver. For now, you can get around this by parsing another characters animation file.

Huh, same error.

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so now that 1.1.4 is out, how much does SaltySD need to change? If someone uploads a .cia of the new patch it might be worth it to go ahead and test if it even works as is.

EDIT: Seems like there's gonna be some changes to the insertion addresses, black screen on startup.

EDIT2: I tried moving the insertion points to where identical code in the previous one was, but it didn't work (crashed to home menu). I guess things need specific tweaking for the new code.

Last edited by TheGag96,
Reactions: Poyo_SSB

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so now that 1.1.4 is out, how much does SaltySD need to change? If someone uploads a .cia of the new patch it might be worth it to go ahead and test if it even works as is.

EDIT: Seems like there's gonna be some changes to the insertion addresses, black screen on startup.

EDIT2: I tried moving the insertion points to where identical code in the previous one was, but it didn't work (crashed to home menu). I guess things need specific tweaking for the new code.
I just ported SaltySD to 1.1.4, see https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD/commit/7916aac469afc9b52b4a1277fd27c90449f34f27.

I also added in my CRC caching via file, however I created a fallback. If sdmc:/saltysd/smash/cache.bin isn't found, it will revert to the previous behavior. So caching is purely optional at this point. I also had to move around some addresses on my end, and all the function addresses had to be adjusted of course. You can find the new instructions for patching on the repository.

CorBond57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just ported SaltySD to 1.1.4, see https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD/commit/7916aac469afc9b52b4a1277fd27c90449f34f27.

I also added in my CRC caching via file, however I created a fallback. If sdmc:/saltysd/smash/cache.bin isn't found, it will revert to the previous behavior. So caching is purely optional at this point. I also had to move around some addresses on my end, and all the function addresses had to be adjusted of course. You can find the new instructions for patching on the repository.
Might as well ask to clear up any doubt, but does this also work on european games or is it USA only?

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, updated my patcher for 1.1.4. Grab it here.

EDIT: Shinyquagsire, I can't get any files loading when the cache.bin is present... It works fine (though slowly) without it.

EDIT2: Only music files work, actually...

Last edited by TheGag96,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, updated my patcher for 1.1.4. Grab it here.

EDIT: Shinyquagsire, I can't get any files loading when the cache.bin is present... It works fine (though slowly) without it.

EDIT2: Only music files work, actually...
Which files did you override, and how did you run the script? I haven't tested that script outside Linux so maybe something is getting done wrong. The CRC'd paths should be all lowercase and not start with a /.

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which files did you override, and how did you run the script? I haven't tested that script outside Linux so maybe something is getting done wrong. The CRC'd paths should be all lowercase and not start with a /.

So I ran it on Windows, Python 3 (maybe I should've used 2 lol). When I get home I can give you the exact output. Like I said, custom music worked, but nothing else did.

CorBond57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone know of a program that can open .tex files?

been looking around for that for a while, but at the moment you can't edit those.

i would love to be proven wrong though.

EDIT: No wait, it can't be the RSF because that gets replaced with the Exheader at the second step. I think it's just incompatible with EUR updates.

Last edited by CorBond57,

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of a program that can open .tex files?
been looking around for that for a while, but at the moment you can't edit those.

i would love to be proven wrong though.

Had a conversation with @shinyquagsire23 about it a few days ago.

I just used the existing png to bclim converters to get a bclim, and then I took the actual texture data from that and inserted it into the .tex. Although, unfortunately, the texture didn't quite come out right for me. Might have worked if I flipped it upside down before conversion.
What did you use to insert it into the .tex?
Just a hex editor. And an extractor for what?
Extracting a bclim from a tex. Sorry should have been more clear.
It was a fork of png2bclim (https://github.com/kwsch/png2bclim) passed to me a while back, but I can't seem to find any source files for it online. .tex is very similar to .bclim, the header is just at the top, and has some differences in parameters. I'll probably have to try forking it one of these days to recreate the program sent to me forever ago.

Last edited by pokemoner2500,

CorBond57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whelp. tried to make a new EUR update with the new updater, same result as the previous time.
Not sure if it helps, but on the HOME menu it gives "a software update is available" while i have it installed.
Maybe it's the RSF i'm using? anyone know how to make one of those?

Last edited by CorBond57,

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran it on Windows, Python 3 (maybe I should've used 2 lol). When I get home I can give you the exact output. Like I said, custom music worked, but nothing else did.
It could defiantly be a os problem as well. It didnt work for me on windows(not sure what python I was using), but on linux it worked great with python 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...