Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps. Even so, not everyone can afford a flashcard and would prefer a free method of running roms, which is a lot less harder if you're in a poor financial predicament.

How did they get the system in the first place then?!? That argument doesn't particularly make a ton of sense...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys. In the bluntest and most undiplomatic way possible; shut up! This is a thread both for Roxas to announce changes and updates to his program, rxTools, and for users to get help and make suggestions for said program. This is not a Gateway, Sky3DS, Pasta CFW, or <insert piracy-enabling romz loader here> thread. There is a dedicated thread for discussing piracy, I suggest you move there. As for the people saying that Roxas should disable signature checks, I can respect that, but it's already been asked multiple times. If he wants to, he will, if he doesn't, don't pressure him.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
How did they get the system in the first place then?!? That argument doesn't particularly make a ton of sense...

Exactly what prototech said. For me, I recieved the console as a gift, about 2 years ago. Throughout my whole time of owning the system, I've only bought about 5 games. Since then, I've suffered from money problems. Just because I had some money back then, doesn't mean I have the same money, now.

So yeah, my argument DOES make sense. Are you telling me that you need money to receive a gift? Okay then... That's new. Anyway, fuck this piracy debate and shit knows what else. You keep telling yourself whatever bullshit you want. At the end of the day, Roxas enabling piracy within rxTools will just mean more piracy - I don't give a shit on how much you claim it to be just a small portion of Nintendo's profit loss. Currently, 4.x CFW's are unstable and don't support a wide range of games. Pasta CFW requires you to have a copy of Ninjhax, wether that be a legit copy or by using a Sky3DS, so it isn't necessarily a "free" alternative to piracy as it still requires the user to buy either Sky or CN - which aren't exactly cheap...

Sure, it could be argued that it's only a small amount of Nintendo's share going down the drain but it's something, never the less. Read the KARL thread and why they don't support piracy? Maybe you should learn more about business ergonomics... So yeah... Piracy discussion closed. It's completely off topic.

Edit: Eh, never mind. Second thoughts, let the piracy begin, I guess... Forget everything I said :P To be honest, I'll be glad when the 3DS platform is dead - then retail/pre-owned games should become cheaper as people would be buying games for the newer console generation.

Contacted Nintendo Customer support and they suck. Probably gonna ditch Nintendo for Sony, in years to come. Least Sony generally offer a better product than Nintendo :P.

Reactions: Margen67

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys. In the bluntest and most undiplomatic way possible; shut up! This is a thread both for Roxas to announce changes and updates to his program, rxTools, and for users to get help and make suggestions for said program. This is not a Gateway, Sky3DS, Pasta CFW, or <insert piracy-enabling romz loader here> thread. There is a dedicated thread for discussing piracy, I suggest you move there. As for the people saying that Roxas should disable signature checks, I can respect that, but it's already been said multiple times. If he wants to, he will, if he doesn't, don't pressure him.

not everyone saw him saying that

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the reality we live in if you are talking about a country like Brasil.
No one gives a s... about learning some simple concepts like .cia.
Brasilians usualy prefer to buy a consoles and pay 3 to 4 times more in games than in a PC Rig just because it's "the easy way".

I don't think this is a brazilian exclusive thing. One friend of mine lived for a year in the US and he told that his american friends had no idea that you could hack consoles like the Wii or even use emulators on a PC... (For fuck's sake)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Roxas75, Any plans on getting TWL partition dumping/injection working in the next release? I want to try and get Sudokuhax installed at some point, but I can't modify DSiWare saves on 9.x fw because the one homebrew that does it, is 4.x exclusive (as it uses mset method).

This is the one thing I can think of that TWL_NAND dumping/injecting would have a use for.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unable to boot my 9.2 gateway emunand with rxtools. Before anyone says it, I have already looked through this forum. It just gets stuck at the black screen and never boots.
I am using 4.2 sys nand with 9.2 emunand as mentioned above. I have made sure that I have all the files in their correct places and yes, I have the keyx bin file on the root of my sd.
Gateway firmware is able to load the emunand just fine, but rxTools fails every time. Any suggestions?

bardaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We are italian....we are Pasta!

m6910.png

hai vinto internet! LoL

PermaRetro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason this wouldn't work on a 2DS with 7.2.0-15U SysNand.

The Gateway webkit(Spider) exploit seems to function fine was able to backup my NAND and etc, for some reason can't get rxtools booting at all though.

Just get the browser crash "An error has occurred" straight back to home menu.

Sadly downgrading is also not an option for me on the 2DS.

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any reason this wouldn't work on a 2DS with 7.2.0-15U SysNand.

The Gateway webkit(Spider) exploit seems to function fine was able to backup my NAND and etc, for some reason can't get rxtools booting at all though.

Just get the browser crash "An error has occurred" straight back to home menu.

Sadly downgrading is also not an option for me on the 2DS.

wipe cache and cookies browers, and try again

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas75, Any plans on getting TWL partition dumping/injection working in the next release? I want to try and get Sudokuhax installed at some point, but I can't modify DSiWare saves on 9.x fw because the one homebrew that does it, is 4.x exclusive (as it uses mset method).

This is the one thing I can think of that TWL_NAND dumping/injecting would have a use for.
What are you trying to do? Downgrade TWL_FIRM or something else? If a downgrade is all you're going for, can't you uninstall current, then install old using pastaCFW+FBI?

I am unable to boot my 9.2 gateway emunand with rxtools. Before anyone says it, I have already looked through this forum. It just gets stuck at the black screen and never boots.
I am using 4.2 sys nand with 9.2 emunand as mentioned above. I have made sure that I have all the files in their correct places and yes, I have the keyx bin file on the root of my sd.
Gateway firmware is able to load the emunand just fine, but rxTools fails every time. Any suggestions?
I have a suggestion... don't do updates with Gateway mode using roms, or .cia files. If you want to fix your emunand, RXtools (and gateway, actually on O3DS) runs with 9.7 emunand, so update all the way through system settings. You should be fine after that.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to do? Downgrade TWL_FIRM or something else? If a downgrade is all you're going for, can't you uninstall current, then install old using pastaCFW+FBI?

No that's not what I'm doing. Downgrading TWL involves downgrading TWL_FIRM. The partition is simply the storage space used by TWL. Certain DSiWare save files like Sudoku are stored there and I'd very much like access to it. :P

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that's not what I'm doing. Downgrading TWL involves downgrading TWL_FIRM. The partition is simply the storage space used by TWL. Certain DSiWare save files like Sudoku are stored there and I'd very much like access to it. :P
I wasn't aware we could get xorpads for that. nand.fat16 is all I've heard about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2