Not open for further replies.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Okay, I'm having an issue with Gateway recognizing my emuNAND. Basically, I updated emuNAND from 4.2.0 to 9.6.0 while in rxMode, and now my Gateway card doesn't recognize it anymore. My 3DS sits at a perpetual black screen. Is there a fix for this? I want to install some .cia's with BigBlueMenu. I did a System Transfer from my 2DS's sysNAND to the new 9.6.0 emuNAND, but Gateway wouldn't recognize it even BEFORE I did that, so that is not the issue. Because I transferred, formatting emuNAND is NOT an option for me, since I want to keep my savegames.

Gateway doesn't support 9.6

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having an issue with Gateway recognizing my emuNAND. Basically, I updated emuNAND from 4.2.0 to 9.6.0 while in rxMode, and now my Gateway card doesn't recognize it anymore. My 3DS sits at a perpetual black screen. Is there a fix for this? I want to install some .cia's with BigBlueMenu. I did a System Transfer from my 2DS's sysNAND to the new 9.6.0 emuNAND, but Gateway wouldn't recognize it even BEFORE I did that, so that is not the issue. Because I transferred, formatting emuNAND is NOT an option for me, since I want to keep my savegames.

It's more of a workaround than a solution, but I suggest keeping two SD cards; an "rx" card and a "GateWay" card. When/if GateWay updates for 9.6, you can just transfer the .CIAs you installed on the GateWay SD to the other one for consolidation purposes

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to update 4.5 SYSNAND to 9.0 (9.1 - 9.2) with 3DNUS files and the PBT cfw or is it kill my 3ds ? Anyone try it ? And if that fails could I still make an update through the recovery ?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Is it possible to update 4.5 SYSNAND to 9.0 (9.1 - 9.2) with 3DNUS files and the PBT cfw or is it kill my 3ds ? Anyone try it ? And if that fails could I still make an update through the recovery ?

You should ask Apache Thunder, about that. It should let you install it but I believe that it causes a brick when trying to boot the system back up, as the firm wasn't updated correctly? Some people have a homebrew which correctly updates the firm but it's not public, unfortunately.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Transferred ticked.db old way and realized that Pokemon Shuffle is not working on fw 9.2, got lots of questions.
1. Have anyone tried to run Pokemon Shuffle on fw/rx 9.3-9.4?
2. Is it safe to update emuNAND in rxMode from gamecard to get 9.3-9.4 (I have only 9.5.0-23 emuNAND dump with spider exploit fixed)
3. NAND dump from rxTools is smaller than one from GW. rxTools sysNAND dump with injected ticket.db old way worked as emuNAND. Is it safe to flash it with GW, or better make the same with GW dump? IMO tgevoverhead iz zero-filled anyway.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok too many questions.
However, it will probably support homebrew, but maybe the easiest way would be to allow CIA installation.
And, all the nand operations wll be fully working on the next release.
Also, i decided to use mset 4.x as downgrade target becouse of many coding/compatibility/comfort reasons :)

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok too many questions.
However, it will probably support homebrew, but maybe the easiest way would be to allow CIA installation.
Also, i decided to use mset 4.x as downgrade target becouse of many coding/compatibility/comfort reasons :)

Just to confirm, allowing CIA installation for homebrew would also mean signatures checks disabled to be able to run them ?

and for the 4.x mset exploit for RxTools, as you most likely already saw, AquaX101 released a code.bin that installs your exploit from spider.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to confirm, allowing CIA installation for homebrew would also mean signatures checks disabled to be able to run them ?

and for the 4.x mset exploit for RxTools, as you most likely already saw, AquaX101 released a code.bin that installs your exploit from spider.
Yeah, i can post it in the how-to page, but it will only work on 4.x consoles.

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is the code.bin...

Thanks for sharing, worked perfectly (as expected) for my 4.5.0-10U console.

I guess I would have to reinstall the old DS profile exploit to use my 4.5 cfw, but now that I have rxMode I'm not even using cfw very much so it doesn't really matter.

*info on next update*

Sounds great! I look forward to every update.

P.S. I had mentioned in the past an issue with getting MH4U/SSB4 to work on rx-E mode 9.6, but I fixed the error by formatting my emunand before updating to 9.6. I am not sure if the issue was caused by my emuNAND being linked to my sysNAND, or if the format was necessary to complete the region change of my emuNAND, but either way it seems the error was not with rxTools and was an error of my own fault.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok too many questions.

>inb4 KARL becomes irrelevant
Also good **** Roxas75 i'll donate once we get CIA installation thank you for all your hard work :grog:

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Also good **** Roxas75 i'll donate once we get thing installation thank you for all your hard work :grog:
I would keep the thing noise down a notch if I were you. There's a lot of stigma and pressure in the dev community to not support it.

Back to business ... really exited about roxas75's upcoming release! (obligitory gbatemp cheerleading :P)

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also good **** Roxas75 i'll donate once we get CIA installation thank you for all your hard work :grog:

Calling it now:

CIA installation will be implemented but the CFW will have modified signature checks that check for either Nintendo's key or Roxas75's, so that he gets to decide which homebrew will run and which doesn't, whereas the CIA installer will exclusively check for Roxas75's in order to prevent piracy of legitimate titles.

Please get me a cookie once it's confirmed that my crapshot theory is right.

Reactions: Tjessx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: