Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should wait for confirmation from more knowledgeable members, but to the best of my knowledge, you're fucked (sorry).

You need to update to 4.x, then update your browser, before finally updating to 9.2

I'm pretty sure that by updating to 9.2 without updating the browser to an exploitable version, you've made your 3DS unhackable.

I think he can still try using 2.5.1/2 that has devmode to install the exploitable browser in sysnand or install pasta cfw seperatly.

I can't launch any of the nightflies in my 4.5.0.8E anymore either, but I already posted about that in the support thread .

Last option might be reflashing an sysnand backup of a working/clean sysnand & start over ( just be careful if you don't have a nandmod), since he can still launch gateway launcher just like I can.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Excuse me but is the process for downgrading a 3ds the same as fixing a blue screen of death bricked 3ds? Are the tutorials for bsod fix working for purposes of downgrading console? Thanks
I also read you need to remove the cartridge slot to access the pinouts on an original model, is this true?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the original 3DS' NAND pinout is on the back side of the motherboard, not under the cartridge slot.
For 3DS XL it is a lot easier:

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Back side? So i have to completely disassemble my 3ds to do this? And the video link is for 3ds xl, my console is a original old 3ds aqua european sysnand 9.9.0 now wanting to revert to 7.1 european using nand.bin backup. Also is it possible to load pasta cfw from ninjhax 2.1 yet? was reading about it

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Excuse me but is the process for downgrading a 3ds the same as fixing a blue screen of death bricked 3ds? Are the tutorials for bsod fix working for purposes of downgrading console? Thanks
I also read you need to remove the cartridge slot to access the pinouts on an original model, is this true?

If you can launch gateway launcher you might be able to reflash you 7.1 nand backup without hardmod! by going to downgrade option & press the up + A button.You need to have nand.bin on your SD root though.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
I know i can use gateway launcher but i cant access it now. To do hard mod on original 3ds aqua blue you need to completely disassemble the 3ds and find the nand outs on my motherboard and have color coded wires and solder them to their appropriate NAND outputs and use the cables and attach them to a sd reader/raspberry pi to their specific outs and turn on 3ds and unbrick program for raspberry pi/ windiskimager to flash nand.bin?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Back side? So i have to completely disassemble my 3ds to do this? And the video link is for 3ds xl, my console is a original old 3ds aqua european sysnand 9.9.0 now wanting to revert to 7.1 european using nand.bin backup. Also is it possible to load pasta cfw from ninjhax 2.1 yet? was reading about it
From this gbatemp post I found on google, it mentions a good spot to route the wires:
For someone who try to make this mod I suggest to use a top right corner (red marked) for better CLK wire routing. There are enough space even for a thick cable like mine

View attachment 4768 View attachment 4769 View attachment 4770

can Nintendo block this nand read/write feature in newer updates?
And if I'm not wrong, on 3dbrew it shows a single pin on the back side.
But yes, you are right, you must desolder the cartridge slot in order to get at the NAND chip.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware#NAND_pinout
I know i can use gateway launcher but i cant access it now. To do hard mod on original 3ds aqua blue you need to completely disassemble the 3ds and find the nand outs on my motherboard and have color coded wires and solder them to their appropriate NAND outputs and use the cables and attach them to a sd reader/raspberry pi to their specific outs and turn on 3ds and unbrick program for raspberry pi/ windiskimager to flash nand.bin?
AFAIK, You need some general purpose wire, solder it to the NAND pinouts, and at the end of the wires you must solder them to an SD card reader. Then use win32diskimager to get an image file (on windows).
It is highly recommended to put a port under the battery cover on your 3DS, so you can detach the wire and close up your system.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ok i will sacrifice a sd reader to get it working then, but its worthwhile just selling my 3ds and getting a new nintendo 3ds (the new model)

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but i dont have one of those, just finding appropriate ports on my sd card reader and soldering the points will do? Thank you

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah but will programs written for unbricking bsod on 3ds work with downgrading (Eg Raspberry pi unbricker) https://github.com/bkifft/RPU? Thanks

Are you trying to unbrick your 3DS & reflash nand.bin using the Raspberry pi only?

Also about your pasta cfw on ninjahax 2.1 question. It sadly won't work in your case, anyways & as far as I know it's not possible yet to install pasta cfw with ninjahax 2.1 either.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ,no i have a pc to do that now. So i simply open my 3ds, solder the appropriate points of my 3ds motherboard to some wires, then solder the wires to their appropriate points on my sd card reader, then reassembling the 3ds and turning it on and plugging in the sd reader into my pc and running win32diskimager and flashing my 7.1 nand.bin will do the trick? Thanks

Reactions: Angely

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh ,no i have a pc to do that now. So i simply open my 3ds, solder the appropriate points of my 3ds motherboard to some wires, then solder the wires to their appropriate points on my sd card reader, then reassembling the 3ds and turning it on and plugging in the sd reader into my pc and running win32diskimager and flashing my 7.1 nand.bin will do the trick? Thanks
When you turn on your 3DS and the wires you soldered are plugged in to your PC, it will bluescreen and that will allow you to dump/upload a NAND file.
Unplugging the wire will return it back to normal.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, cool thanks. And how do i desolder the cartridge slot? Do i have to completely remove the 3ds motherboard to do that? Do i have to completely remove it to access NAND outputs? And can i resolder my cartridge slot when its done? I have old 3ds European Aqua Blue original if that helps

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Woah, my 3ds looks exactly like this one. Well thank you. And is a 60 watt soldering iron a bit too hot for 3ds? What soldering iron is best for this job? Also is it better to use soldering paste or desoldering braid?

Last edited by ironmaster49,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer