DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Welp, I guess I'm going to have to add a lot of case statements to downgradeapp...
That includes the FBI injector.

I'm not looking forward to this.

In other news, I implemented the text/option change requests and fixed some bugs/nuisances.

New build (3.0b8): https://anonfiles.com/file/e713b906347d3802faf16af89575770a

@nastys are you setting up the translation strings as a user-editable txt/bin/whatever, or are you hard-coding them? I'll maintain compatability with you, just let me know what format we're going with.

Can you upload to somewhere else then anonfiles.com?

Thanks

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to find out if the pre-alpha beta 7 build is region free? I tried instaling to test and had some weird occurences of dissapearing icons and then when it re-shows on next boot it has the gift unwrap. My nands are unlinked.

1) USA cia games - always stay on my USA 3ds
2) JP cia game - sometimes dissapears and then shows again with gift unwrap on next boot. Sometimes after exiting a game it does the same thing.

So does anyone know if it is region free as it seems it is as the Japan cia which are not spoofed RF show. Or does anyone know if patching RF when converting works and has it stick to home menu?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to find out if the pre-alpha beta 7 build is region free? I tried instaling to test and had some weird occurences of dissapearing icons and then when it re-shows on next boot it has the gift unwrap. My nands are unlinked.

2) JP cia game - sometimes dissapears and then shows again with gift unwrap on next boot. Sometimes after exiting a game it does the same thing.

So does anyone know if it is region free as it seems it is as the Japan cia which are not spoofed RF show. Or does anyone know if patching RF when converting works and has it stick to home menu?
Region free is for CIAs only right now, and is incomplete. I'd work on it myself, but I don't yet have the skills to fix it. You'll have to wait at least another week for the main devs to get back from vacation. As a bonus though, you don't have to reboot the console to restore the icons. Simply entering and exiting sleep mode is adequate.

Can you upload to somewhere else then anonfiles.com?

Thanks
I would upload to MediaFire, but I can't login for some reason. The AJAX script just dies and doesn't open the login window.
What's wrong with anonfiles anyway? I don't think it's blocked in any country really, past maybe China. I'll upload the current build to MEGA in a bit though, just for you.

Last edited by Gadorach,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I would upload to MediaFire, but I can't login for some reason. The AJAX script just dies and doesn't open the login window.
What's wrong with anonfiles anyway? I don't think it's blocked in any country really, past maybe China. I'll upload the current build to MEGA in a bit though, just for you.
It's working now,
Thanks

Before i got a message, file not available.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

It should be a problem with the timing, it seems the patch is applyed after home menu checked the cias. Thats why it is apearing after you started an application. at the moment I'm trying to implement my free region patchers patches to rxmode, but I have a problem with the timing for the rx labeling for system settings. Also it would be interessting to know which firmware version you are using.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Ok, I'm at a point where I have rxTools installed and runnable from ninjhax, emuNAND in place on my SD card (test shows RX3D under Settings), with backups of my card and sysNAND prior to that formatting from the Gateway launcher, and FBI injected into the H&S app (in emuNAND). Is there anything else I need to know before I go about installing CIAs? I'm a total noob when it comes to this level of 3DS stuff, as I've only messed with ninjhax, homebrew, and spoofing to let me onto the eShop from 9.2.

Here comes the flood....

Been reading up on a few things, and they say that emuNAND and sysNAND may be linked? What does it mean by that, how would I know if they are linked, and would that affect how CIAs are installed? Should I not do something after I install a CIA? Various threads say CIAs can be legit or universal (the latter being from pre-installed software instead of downloaded), but a legit can possibly be bannable from online because of a header conflict from 2 or more systems connected at the same time, as downloads and retail cards have their own unique signature? I can use a header from one of my own cards, and use that for all CIAs I'd install to prevent that, right? How would I go about doing that?

Also, I can move my SD card backup back onto my card after getting emuNAND set up? Would my backup conflict with anything? Since emuNAND is a copy of my sysNAND, it would recognize my purchases? What about CIAs I install (when in emuNAND)? Will they be shown in both locations (supposedly because of this linking)? I honestly would like to be able to have my legit purchases be detected only under sysNAND, while CIAs I install be detected only with emuNAND, just to keep them separate. Is that possible? I'm thinking such a thing may require that I have 2 SD cards for true separation. I can probably install custom themes to emuNAND at this point, making one more identifier to myself of which of the two I'm currently running.

Questions questions questions, some of which may be dumb/stupid, but I don't care, because I want to understand......
Not what you asked, but curious: why are you running it from ninjahax? Aren't you on o3DS 9.2? It's much easier (and takes less time) to just use the browser exploit

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be a problem with the timing, it seems the patch is applyed after home menu checked the cias. Thats why it is apearing after you started an application. at the moment I'm trying to implement my free region patchers patches to rxmode, but I have a problem with the timing for the rx labeling for system settings. Also it would be interessting to know which firmware version you are using.

I am using 9.2.0-20U updated with sysupdater. Problem don't matter how I got to 9.2 but figured I say how I did end up at this version.

But my daughter actually brought it to my attention as previously we were using gateway mode. But since rxtools was available when roxas left we decided to try this when mset on the alpha build was able to work. So what happened was that all our CIA games from prior were mixed with USA, EUR and JP. Gateway mode didn't care and loaded everything.

But over the weekend my daughter said what happened to her Lego Jurassic world game and when I looked at the screen it was also missing my Fire emblem IF Japan cia game. So I looked in BBM and seen that the CTR code was for a EUR game so this is what led me to ask. But it probably is a timing thing as you said, but just to say it does load on first boot of rxmode for the 1st 2 days as she always seen it when doing the profile method to launch. So I guess its intermittment and what loads first I guess. But no complaining on my end as I will try the sleep mode to see if the home menu refreshes.

favoulos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One question: i have downgraded my sysnand from 9.2 to 4.5 and i have rxtools with 9.9 emunand, can i restore my 9.2 backup in sysnand with gateway launcher without any problem to play retail pokemon AS?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
One question: i have downgraded my sysnand from 9.2 to 4.5 and i have rxtools with 9.9 emunand, can i restore my 9.2 backup in sysnand with gateway launcher without any problem to play retail pokemon AS?
Just boot rxtools system nand then play it. Firmlaunch will be enabled

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Yes, you can restore your NAND backup using GW Launcher (make sure your NAND backup is sysNAND).

Elgrosp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Something strange happended. I inserted my Pokemon cartriges for the first time since I installed RxTools and... My saves are corrupted.
Has anyone had the same problem?

favoulos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just boot rxtools system nand then play it. Firmlaunch will be enabled
i boot rxtools in system nand but the game show me to update...

Yes, you can restore your NAND backup using GW Launcher (make sure your NAND backup is sysNAND)
yes it's a sysnand backup. My noob question is: i can restore my backup or i have to update with sysupdater?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Something strange happended. I inserted my Pokemon cartriges for the first time since I installed RxTools and... My saves are corrupted.
Has anyone had the same problem?
Which firmware did you play and save the game on. If you played it on 4.5 and now trying to play it on a higher firmware it will corrupt.
Q: is it possible to compile rxtools to work for ninjhax 2.0 to use on 9.3+ fw systems?
like via latest source zip on github?
no. 9.3 system firmware is only supported with ninjhax 2 and that's very limited to what you can do. My 9.8 3dsxl runs ninjhax 2 and I have a complete snes and gameboy/gameboy color emulators that I can play plus some other home brew. That's it for now

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i boot rxtools in system nand but the game show me to update...

yes it's a sysnand backup. My noob question is: i can restore my backup or i have to update with sysupdater?

If it's sysNAND backup (your 3DS) feel free to up, 100% safe (tested myself > 20 times). Don't use Sysupdater, it needs more experiences.

Elgrosp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which firmware did you play and save the game on. If you played it on 4.5 and now trying to play it on a higher firmware it will corrupt.
-snip-

I used to play on sysnand 7.2.
Do you mean they will be corrupt forever on the cartridge or just unplayable on emunand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1