ROM Hack [Release] RomFS Builder

D

Deleted User

Makerom requires an .rsf to build a rom -- ideally you could just read the exheader for data, since the exheader is effectively a serialized version of the rsf.

How the heck do you even get an .rsf?

D

Deleted User

I saw the lack of a good RomFS Builder as a problem, so I made this thing.

SwESwiN.png

It's very, very simple.

Open a folder using the Open button, then hit Go. The program will then generate a RomFS binary.

When it's done, it'll prompt you to save the binary with a file name of your choice.

Source Code is available here: https://github.com/SciresM/RomFS-Builder

And you can download it here: https://github.com/SciresM/RomFS-Builder/releases
Will this removed the needed bytes for hans as well?

If so, can keep include this in my tutorial?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go from .3ds to the RomFS, and in that order of operations where would modifying files for mods go?

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This... doesnt work for me well. For example, I usually use Pk3DS to rebuild my omega ruby. I used this for some reason, and it froze when i tried loading omega ruby. also the file size seemed off. Then when I used Pk3DS, it worked fine. So im not sure whats up.

GoYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For some reason, this application doesn't work anymore for me. When saving the rom, it is stuck. When I tried it yesterday with MK7 CTGP, everything worked fine and I could save the rom.
I tried to download it again and used the original MK7, as well as a A Link Between Worlds unpacked rom. I still get this error.

unbenannt1msq0.png

Edit: :rofl: Everything works just fine! The "save as" window was hiding somehow. I restored it via the task manager. So nothing so see here!

Last edited by GoYoshi,

gotchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it ok i bump this...? sorry;;

Im having an issue where after i save the new file to whereever and the program says its writing the binary to the sd, itll crash. i get the "has stopped working" popup.

any idea why this could be?

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it ok i bump this...? sorry;;

Im having an issue where after i save the new file to whereever and the program says its writing the binary to the sd, itll crash. i get the "has stopped working" popup.

any idea why this could be?

I'm having a similar (or the exact same one) problem where whenever I select the files, it acts like it's gonna get to work and then crashes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==